Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GS seem to not have a clue themselves what's actually going on, I went I'm yesterday wanting to trade mine in and he wouldn't take it, told me to ring on the day and see...

Luckily I am shifting my console to a friend later on and I'm going to bank on Argos tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Fieldog wrote: »
    GS seem to not have a clue themselves what's actually going on, I went I'm yesterday wanting to trade mine in and he wouldn't take it, told me to ring on the day and see...

Luckily I am shifting my console to a friend later on and I'm going to bank on Argos tomorrow

Plus €10 voucher back with Argos ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

wes wrote: »
    Got a call from Gamestop today, and will be collecting mine in the morning. Will swap in a 2TB hd during lunch, and kick off some game downloads.

exactly what ill be doing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Did they give the reasoning? Did you put a deposit down?

Ordered online on the 4th, the €399.99 transaction was pre-authorized by my bank. Received a 2nd Order Acknowledgement e-mail from them today at 11:35am at which point the money was released from my bank. Then I got a cancellation e-mail 1 hour later. I called my bank, and they said it definitely had nothing to do with them. Smyths did not give me a reason, only the "most common" issue which was debunked by Ulster Bank. I reckon they oversold their online allocation and it is first come, first served.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to get one early next week, perhaps from Amazon UK unless anyone has any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

jones wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting!!! I was talking to one member today and he put my name on one of the consoles he said there is a lot of misinformation even between the shops.

My PS4 is a launch day console not the slim 500 gb but it seems they are all going for the same trade in price now depends on harddisk size

Launch console here too. Hope they stick to the price they said more so to save the hassle of selling it privately.

Anyone know how long it takes them to test it in the shop?

• Advertisement

Plus €10 voucher back with Argos ;-)

More interested to see will they have deals....

Free FIFA or some ****e I can flog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Ordered online on the 4th, the €399.99 transaction was pre-authorized by my bank. Received a 2nd Order Acknowledgement e-mail from them today at 11:35am at which point the money was released from my bank. Then I got a cancellation e-mail 1 hour later. I called my bank, and they said it definitely had nothing to do with them. Smyths did not give me a reason, only the "most common" issue which was debunked by Ulster Bank. I reckon they oversold their online allocation and it is first come, first served.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to get one early next week, perhaps from Amazon UK unless anyone has any other ideas?

I ordered online after you and I've heard nothing yet. I'm supposed to be collecting in store though so my car won't be charged until I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Still no emails from Smyths, I wonder if they delay pre-order, normally they send "collection emails" a day before. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

ps4-trade-guide.jpg

More helpful.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Still no emails from Smyths, I wonder if they delay pre-order, normally they send "collection emails" a day before. :(

Got an email, should be good for tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

ps4-trade-guide.jpg

More helpful.

list of games that they accept with the console
    https://www.gamestop.ie/99er
    i think uncharted is cheapest at the moment on that list 25euro in CEX
    Also if u have a spare 1TB hdd lying around u can swap it out on your ps4 if you have the 500gb model

Denisoftus wrote:
    Got an email, should be good for tomorrow

Got an order confirmation email but not a collection email so I won't count any chickens just yet. The email I got was the same as the one received by the guy above who then had his order cancelled shortly after!

superg wrote: »
    Got an order confirmation email but not a collection email so I won't count any chickens just yet. The email I got was the same as the one received by the guy above who then had his order cancelled shortly after!

Got my email from Smyth's for collection , still going to keep an eye on Argos in case they have a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My PS4 pro is whisper quiet. Currently playing Dark Souls 3 and cant hear a peep.
    My OG PS4, while not a hoover was at least audible playing DS3.
    I also installed my 500GB SSD and I dont see loading of the game to be any quicker than OG PS4.
    I like the new controller too. The thumbsticks seem to be made with harder plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Have the Pro set up now but I have to download some of my library again as my last PS4 died at the start of October.

Cud be a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

My PS4 pro is whisper quiet. Currently playing Dark Souls 3 and cant hear a peep.
    I also installed my 500GB SSD and I dont see loading of the game to be any quicker than OG PS4.
    I like the new controller too. The thumbsticks seem to be made with harder plastic.

You installed a 500GB HD instead of the 1TB??

Smyths just took the money for mine. Collecting in the morning. :)

I cancelled my pre order with Amazon last week but was still sent an email with the codes to get dishonored 2 for £20 and the code still works, not sure if I want the game though is it supposed to be any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Batesy wrote: »

Ya, my SSD is 500GB. I've never needed anything larger as it's no hassle deleting games I dont play anymore.

Batesy wrote: »

Yeah Smyth's took my money too, I thought they weren't supposed to until u actually collect the unit?

EDIT: never mind just read there the put a hold on the money which is released back into ur account if u don't collect the unit

This is such a relief, the PS4 loud noise is so annoying and my primary reason for changing.

• Advertisement

Yeah Smyth's took my money too, I thought they weren't supposed to until u actually collect the unit?

No, they take money when you receive your first email, its normal.

Got my email from Smyth's for collection , still going to keep an eye on Argos in case they have a good deal

Nothing for me, will be on argos myself tomorrow early, hope to get one
    My PS4 pro is whisper quiet. Currently playing Dark Souls 3 and cant hear a peep. My OG PS4, while not a hoover was at least audible playing DS3. I also installed my 500GB SSD and I dont see loading of the game to be any quicker than OG PS4. I like the new controller too. The thumbsticks seem to be made with harder plastic.

Excellent news on the quietness!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Keith186 wrote: »
    Launch console here too. Hope they stick to the price they said more so to save the hassle of selling it privately.

Anyone know how long it takes them to test it in the shop?

About 10-15 minutes

There's a hold on €399 from my account so looks like I have one!

Have the Pro set up now but I have to download some of my library again as my last PS4 died at the start of October.

Cud be a while :)

Have one boxed off for me in the morning, I'm after going through hours of messing around with backup of 2 PS4s just so I could keep my SSHD from mine and put it in the Pro...

I wonder has it to be enabled via a FW update or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Hurry the fvck up amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have one boxed off for me in the morning, I'm after going through hours of messing around with backup of 2 PS4s just so I could keep my SSHD from mine and put it in the Pro...

I wonder has it to be enabled via a FW update or something?

Are the PS4 hd's not encrypted to work with just one console unless reformatted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Digital Foundry heat and power consumption and noise tested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I connect my PS4 HDMI to my Sony audio system (BDV-N7200W). Anyone know if that will interfere with the 4K signal to the TV or should I connect it directly to the TV?

Further Googling has confirmed it will interfere with the 4K signal. I'll need to connect directly to the TV and use an optical audio connection to the audio system.

• Advertisement

Are the PS4 hd's not encrypted to work with just one console unless reformatted?

They are indeed, you can back up your data a bit easier though now with an option in settings since FW 3.5

In my case I have 2 1TB PS4s in house, my one has a SSHD, her ladyship has a standard one, because the Pro uses SATA 3 I was thinking I would get benefit in keeping it and putting it into the Pro...

I also had a cool limited edition Destiny newer model PS4 (that her nibs has inherited since I'm getting the Pro) so I sold her one with the standard 1TB HD...

Basically means I needed 2 external Hard drives, had to get the data off them onto PC, then format both of them to exFAT so the PS4 could read them, and then back up about 600gb of data on one and maybe 400 on the other to the external, and have it all done by the time my mate came for the PS4!

It took hours lol...

When I get the Pro tomorrow I'll have to then swap the HDDs, and restore the data on both before I can enjoy my new PS4...

Sure the things we do for shiney eh? :)

Advertisement