Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Are the PS4 hd's not encrypted to work with just one console unless reformatted?

Yip. You can't just slot in a new hd and use its content.

Just got a text that Mine is ready for collection tomorrow.

On the whole noise thing. I never experienced it. I thought maybe people were being overly sensitive. I'd a launch 360 that was like like a fecking hoover, the PS4 by comparison has been extremely quiet.

That is until I moved it today. It used live in my man cave on an open glass shelf unit and it was excellent - Doom was one of the few games that would make its presence known. Now its sitting in the living room in an enclosed wooden unit and the difference in noise is unbelievable. It's distractingly loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So I've just put the original hdd back in the machine and am now trying to install update file 4.05 on it but keep getting the message that it cannot find the update file. I've tried with two USB sticks. Any ideas. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

weiland79 wrote: »
    So I've just put the original hdd back in the machine and am now trying to install update file 4.05 on it but keep getting the message that it cannot find the update file. I've tried with two USB sticks. Any ideas. ?

Yeah, you are using the smaller update file - use the bigger 850mb one here :

http://deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2016_1011/rec_741cfe2f0dec1bb4663571de78ae31cf/PS4UPDATE.PUP

Also make sure USB is format to Fat 32

One folder PS4 in caps, second folder inside, UPDATE in caps, plop the Pup file in there

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah, you are using the smaller update file - use the bigger 850mb one here :

http://deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2016_1011/rec_741cfe2f0dec1bb4663571de78ae31cf/PS4UPDATE.PUP

Also make sure USB is format to Fat 32

Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just for anyone looking to buy tomorrow without a pre order, Smyth's seems to be in stock right now online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Lost about three hours this evening on the Pro using VR. Good fun all round messing about with the demo disk.

Tumble and Alumette were the highlights for me. Might try Tomb Raider in old-school 2D tomorrow night.

Lost about three hours this evening on the Pro using VR. Good fun all round messing about with the demo disk.

Tumble and Alumette were the highlights for me. Might try Tomb Raider in old-school 2D tomorrow night.

Here is a good article about how Pro will enhance VR :

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/8/13550506/should-i-buy-a-ps4-pro-for-my-playstation-vr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Smyths let me order the Pro through click and collect there. It showed that the stock was available in store. Had to pay in full though.

Didnt want to take the chance of not having one today as Gamestop told me yesterday that they had their first 2 batches fully pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Jesus, what's argos up to... 469.99! I doubt that they will be selling out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

blaa85 wrote: »
    Jesus, what's argos up to... 469.99! I doubt that they will be selling out.

I can't find it on the Argos site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Search for ps4 pro. I reserved but that price is nasty. Smyths still haven't sent my collection email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

hoping smyths throw in a game for a few quid more, collecting after work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow. Their usual "raise the price on something then drop it so you can say they're saving money on it" antics aside, I wouldn't have expected that from Argos. They're normally fairly good when it comes to stuff like this. Disappointing.

I just did a click and collect from Smyths there as I didn't bother preordering. Will pick it up later. Looking forward to it.

Just reserved one in Argos, gamestop said I wouldn't get one. Can't Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Console Master Race :p might already have access to the BF1 pro patch:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311417
    Seems like Battlefield 1 was already patched.
    Framerate feels much smoother now, when playing with 64 players. It doesn't look like absolutely locked 60fps, but it's much much better.

First thing going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought Sony said the frame rate would not be affected for multiplayer?

emmetkenny wrote: »

That's what I thought too but maybe it's the prerogative of the developer.
    Isn't the Multiplayer in Pro UC4 1080p whereas OG PS4 is 900p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

my amazon order has not yet dispatched

emmetkenny wrote: »

BF1 targets 60fps, in huge action scenes full of explosions it drops down to around 45fps on standard PS4, I would hope it is a solid 60fps constantly on the Pro...

It is supposed to be 60, they aren't going to have a 30fps game like Destiny getting the 60fps on Pro because that would be an advantage, but if a game is struggling to keep 60 it would have to be a constant 60.... (on Pro, I hope, im getting one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Thinking of getting one as have a lunch day PS 4.

Is there much of a difference as can get one for 315 euros from Amazon. And thinking as won't cost me more then 150 to upgrade.

How much more powerful is it?. Has anyone used the Vr with it?. Is it better for Vr?.

What's the new controllers like?

How does it look on a 4k TV with HDR?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll only notice a difference with games with a Pro mode. Games without a pro mode will play the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Is there much of a difference as can get one for 315 euros from Amazon. And thinking as won't cost me more then 150 to upgrade.

How much more powerful is it?. Has anyone used the Vr with it?. Is it better for Vr?.

how are you getting it so cheap from amazon? vouchers?

Ha ha I'm sorry to be a smart arse, but what do you think we've been talking about in this thread?
    I suggest reading back a bit and all will be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Just bought my new Pro , looks nice with a heavy feel to it...cant do anything with it though until i get a 2tb upgrade for it next week..speaking of that which 2.5" 9.5 hard drive should i get or be best thats affordable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

jones wrote: »
    how are you getting it so cheap from amazon? vouchers?

Company I work for gets me a discount with them.... 20% off sold by amazon.

Don't have the time to read as thanks to said company I work a 50 hour + week so I can buy nice things like this

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll only notice a difference with games with a Pro mode. Games without a pro mode will play the same.

They'll load faster though. Whether that's strictly down to SATA 3 needs to be investigated. Curious as to how hybrid drives will perform, never thought they were worth it with the original.

• Advertisement

They'll load faster though. Whether that's strictly down to SATA 3 needs to be investigated. Curious as to how hybrid drives will perform, never thought they were worth it with the original.

I'm not seeing an improvement with SSD load times with my Pro so not sure SATA 3 is going to do much. Think there is some other bottleneck at play or could be down the unencrypting the data on the HD.

Advertisement