Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not seeing an improvement with SSD load times with my Pro so not sure SATA 3 is going to do much. Think there is some other bottleneck at play or could be down the unencrypting the data on the HD.

Did you give it a full format or just a quick one?

Give it a full format on exFAT and see how you get on, if your not seeing a difference then chances are it needs to be enabled via a patch or something....

Video on it, I haven't tried it myself, will when I get to collect the console

Disappointing, doesn't look much of a load increase at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you give it a full format or just a quick one?

Give it a full format on exFAT and see how you get on, if your not seeing a difference then chances are it needs to be enabled via a patch or something....

Video on it, I haven't tried it myself, will when I get to collect the console

Disappointing, doesn't look much of a load increase at all...

That video is useless as it does not compare the SSD speeds in OG PS4 to the PS4 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Smyths game deals with the Pro are COD legacy edition for 50 or dishonoured for 40. Ended up with cod even though I had no intention of getting it previously.

It had the bigger discount and I'll probably get more then 50 back in cex for trading it in after I give the MW campaign a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm gonna leave it till there are better deals about . There's plenty of stock about. Roll on black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Could be optimisation for the Pro with RTJ. Not amazing but still. I've heard other anecdotal evidence of faster loading with the stock drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Price reduced on Amazon again, I've gotten a partial refund on the day from amazon from getting on to their chat. Anyone with an order off them should try.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

quick question , should i put in the new hard drive into the pro 1st before i boot it up for the 1st time guys to save me from downloading the ps4 update onto a usb? or does it not work that way? i just got the pro today so dont want to boot it up yet until the hard drive is in

That video is useless as it does not compare the SSD speeds in OG PS4 to the PS4 Pro.

Didn't even think about that...

Hurry up Digital Foundry... :)

quick question , should i put in the new hard drive into the pro 1st before i boot it up for the 1st time guys to save me from downloading the ps4 update onto a usb? or does it not work that way? i just got the pro today so dont want to boot it up yet until the hard drive is in

You putting a 2TB in?

See a few pages back, I linked the file to Weiland79 that you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I put in my SSD in before starting the Pro up. You also need the full update file on your usb. Have that plugged in before you start the Pro up.

The startup process will then look for the update file, initialise the new HDD and start up normally after 10 mins or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Just got mine there and transferring everything via LAN! Build quality is amazing. Gamestop offered no bundles or discounts on any new games with the purchase however so I've only BF1, Shadow of Mordor & Skyrim to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Fieldog wrote: »
    You putting a 2TB in?

See a few pages back, I linked the file to Weiland79 that you need...

yes its a 2tb seagate expansion 2.5 portable external one , okay thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Klair88 wrote: »
    Just got mine there and transferring everything via LAN! Build quality is amazing. Gamestop offered no bundles or discounts on any new games with the purchase however so I've only BF1, Shadow of Mordor & Skyrim to play.

Gamestop have no bundles in store but have bundles online? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Gamestop have no bundles in store but have bundles online? Wow.

I said the same thing to them. Showed the the online page to them too. I would have definitely gotten Dishonoured 2 for €49.99 but I'll drive to Smyths now and get it there probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd really like a 60 FPS Destiny PS4 Pro patch.

I'd really like a 60 FPS Destiny PS4 Pro patch.

Wouldn't we all in a perfect world...

I would love a bump to 60fps for Destiny but if they do it, it won't be until Destiny 2 next year...

If they go that route, better graphics at 30fps, or less detail and better gameplay at 60fps, I'd love an option.... :)

Destiny 2 should be on PC also this time around, so you will definitely get a full 60 there, minus the PS exclusive shtuff I'm sure... :O

Similar to Ni-oh, preferred the high frame rate as opposed to the sexier graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was told the same about bundles. Weird it is.

Company I work for gets me a discount with them.... 20% off sold by amazon.

Don't have the time to read as thanks to said company I work a 50 hour + week so I can buy nice things like this

Chances are it's a zero rate vat on a business accounts, Amazon aren't really the "mark as gift" sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Just reserved one there in Smyths to collect this afternoon. Might have to knock off work early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

They have non pre-order stock for sale in Smyths Carrickmines.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    They have non pre-order stock for sale in Smyths Carrickmines.

Ordered one for collection there this morning before they opened, got the email/text right after 9, you've 2 day's to collect if anyone is interested but payment is on the site then and there (also uses that stupid password no one remembers for their card)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just collected mine from Gamestop in Ballincollig. I was number 7 (I think) out of 12 reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

seems to be loads of stock about! who said this thing would sell out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Varik wrote: »
    Price reduced on Amazon again, I've gotten a partial refund on the day from amazon from getting on to their chat. Anyone with an order off them should try.

I went to do the same thing after seeing your post and I noticed in my order history that they had automatically reduced the price. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Picked up mine this morning its now sitting by my desk in work.. Ive my 2TB Hdd ready to go in befree intitialising and ill be re-downloading ,TLOU,SKYRIM,BF1 and (shudder) COD:IW (yes i bought it for MW),in that order.

Its gonna be a long 4hrs till hometime

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I gotta wait for gamestop to get in their 2nd load of Pro's after using the PS4 trade-in offer earlier this week, but with all the extra stock about, it sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

had ordered with amazon , saw there was one available in smyths and bought it , cancelled my amazon order but not in time so i'll have 2 , returns it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just picked up my preorder in Smyths Kinsale roundabout. There were a good few boxes on the shelves. The closest Argos to me had 5 in stock as well.

Now to begin the transfer. I've had the PS4 since launch and still had to google which was the power button on the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just picked up my preorder in Smyths Kinsale roundabout. There were a good few boxes on the shelves. The closest Argos to me had 5 in stock as well.

Now to begin the transfer. I've had the PS4 since launch and still had to google which was the power button on the thing.

Ha, I'm nearly the same. Always just grab the controller and turn it on from there unless I know I'm going to be changing the disk once I turn it on.

Currently downloading latest update file then will start transferring everything over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

im literally transferring the games im currently playing/have pr pro upgade and will dl the rest over the next week or so..

Really glad ive 360mb BB

Advertisement