Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

peteeeed wrote: »
    had ordered with amazon , saw there was one available in smyths and bought it , cancelled my amazon order but not in time so i'll have 2 , returns it is so

I've noticed with amazon that when you go to cancel an order it miraculously just dispatches (once there is stock of course) ha.

Can be useful in certain circumstances :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jones wrote: »
    I've noticed with amazon that when you go to cancel an order it miraculously just dispatches (once there is stock of course) ha.

Can be useful in certain circumstances :pac:

Yeah very funny that , well what is also funny is they are definitely getting theirs back , just collected my smyths order

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Collected mine this morning, and transfer went without issues, almost 1Tb of games in 3 hours :) Not sure if any games patched yet, didn't spot any differences but:
    1. its very quiet, very glad for this, a big one for me.
    2. its faster for sure, Battlefield 1, is much better now.

Some issues so far:
    1. If you connect PSVR, you lose your HDMI 2.2, looks like PSVR unit doesn't support HDMI 2.2 pass through, this is really annoying if you need to constantly switch cable, WTF I ask, PSVR not that old :(
    2. None of VR games looked any better to me, I tried Robinson and Eagle Flight, anyone can confirm that?

Overall I'm happy with it, will see what patched bring us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nicer than the pictures to be fair, still not mad on the outside of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Collected mine this morning, and transfer went without issues, almost 1Tb of games in 3 hours :) Not sure if any games patched yet, didn't spot any differences but:
    1. its very quiet, very glad for this, a big one for me.
    2. its faster for sure, Battlefield 1, is much better now.

Some issues so far:
    1. If you connect PSVR, you lose your HDMI 2.2, looks like PSVR unit doesn't support HDMI 2.2 pass through, this is really annoying if you need to constantly switch cable, WTF I ask, PSVR not that old :(
    2. None of VR games looked any better to me, I tried Robinson and Eagle Flight, anyone can confirm that?

Overall I'm happy with it, will see what patched bring us.

Interested in this, better how?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

According to Neogaf it keeps a solid 60, and doesn't be dropping down to 45 when a heap of destruction is happening on the screen like the "normal" one does...

Haven't confirmed yet myself, still rebuilding my one from an external HD...

gimli2112 wrote: »

On PS4, in single player and multiplayer it feels quite sluggish, don't know, maybe its just me, but looks like that FPS is far from even 30, I'd say 15-20, feels slow. Now with PS4 Pro I don't see that problem. Is there a way to measure FPS on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

On PS4, in single player and multiplayer it feels quite sluggish, don't know, maybe its just me, but looks like that FPS is far from even 30, I'd say 15-20, feels slow. Now with PS4 Pro I don't see that problem. Is there a way to measure FPS on PS4?

It would be nice if there was a fraps app for ps4 alright,although i imagine publishers dont like them so much when their games are suffering from drop[ed frames etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Like I originally thought, BF1 is much playing much better on the Pro. I played 3 or 4 matches of operations and barely noticed any framerate dips at all. It held solid 60 through out. Textures loaded more quickly and everything seems smoother too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

PS4 Pro is 469 in Argos, this has to be a mistake, even with sterling 350 works out at around 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gflood wrote: »
    PS4 Pro is 469 in Argos, this has to be a mistake, even with sterling 350 works out at around 400

It's not a mistake. It'll be on sale on Saturday for €379 or that with a big discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I can confirm it's quiet lads!!!!

No more sounding like a jet picking up speed down a runway before take-off (which is exactly what my launch sounded like)

I just tend to go by DF videos, none yet for PS4 Pro BF1 but here is the Xbox/PS4 to PC one :

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gflood wrote: »

My brother was in Smyths today and they were selling it for €400 or €440 with a game (dishonoured 2 IW etc)

This is very annoying :(
    PS4 Pro tips and tricks: Can you get HDR when the PSVR is connected?
    In order to feed both your TV and the PlayStation VR images, you have to connect a PSVR Processor Unit to your PS4 Pro via HDMI and use a separate HDMI connection to your TV. This unit is compatible with 4K so can passthrough 2160p images, but it is not compatible with HDR. That means, if you want to make use of HDR pictures on compatible games you have to unplug the Processor Unit and connect your console directly to the TV whenever you are not using the VR headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Picked up mine in smyths fonthill. Took dishonoured 2 with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Picked up mine in smyths fonthill. Took dishonoured 2 with it.

Any danger of them enabling 4K for the Netflix app

Is it not already done?

In what way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So my trade in went off without a hitch.

They didn't mention the worn thumb sticks and also i had to leave the 1tb hdd in as there was some issue with the original when i put it back in that it wouldn't recognise the os file.

They paid my the price of a 1tb slim and i traded in Mafia too.

I had paid a deposit of 210 for a vr headset which i had moved over to the pro so ended up getting 70 quid cash back.

• peteeeed wrote: »

Thinks that's already the case. You may be thinking of the blue ray player. That's not 4k. But doesn't stop a 4k image for apps and games ect

In what way?

Just checked it there n , thought there would be a 4K tab like on my Samsung tv app , all good

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

My god 39 hours until transferring data is complete 1.57TB :O looks like xbox for me tonight while I'm waiting...no issues with pro so far though

My god 39 hours until transferring data is complete 1.57TB :O looks like xbox for me tonight while I'm waiting...no issues with pro so far though

Something wrong with your router, it shouldn't be that slow. Mine 1Tb transferred in less then 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are you paying for Netflix 4k cuz it's only part of their higher tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Something wrong with your router, it shouldn't be that slow. Mine 1Tb transferred in less then 3 hours.

well i'm with vodafone broadband so yeah pretty slow speed :rolleyes: oh well i just have to wait i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Tis nice and quiet that's for sure. System Software Update is taking ages though here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Slow downloads. But infinite warfare with the patch on a 4K HDR Screen looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I didn't realised I'll have to go up a tier on Netflix when I get my 4K TV.

Advertisement