Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I didn't realised I'll have to go up a tier on Netflix when I get my 4K TV.

Yeah I have it 11:99 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I didn't realised I'll have to go up a tier on Netflix when I get my 4K TV.

People still use Netflix?

:P

And you have to pay to "go up a tier" for 4K?

Weasel's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »

Weasel's

The tiers are 1 user, 2 users, and 4 users with 4k.

The 2 users is the standard, the upper and lower were added later and going up a tier to 4 users with 4K is €2 extra a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm happy enough. GameStop gave me €195 for the original 500GB PS4 and no game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fieldog wrote: »

Weasel's

I am getting too lazy to pirate and thats seriously lazy :D

I'll probably pay it at the higher tier for a month and see what its like in comparison to regular HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Used to be paying €7 for Netflix as I was grandfathered in to the old price so I stuck with 2 users but after that expired went up to 4 as there too much stuff on Netflix and if there's 3 people in during the evenings I'm stuck getting the too many devices message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just a quick warning for anyone think of buying a new 4K tv. This years LG models are having trouble working with the PS4 Pro using 4K. I got the issue with my LG 49UH770V.

It does work in 1080p, but best to avoid LG, until there is fix.

I have emailed support, and waiting to hear back. Hopefully there is a fix incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wes wrote: »
    Just a quick warning for anyone think of buying a new 4K tv. This years LG models are having trouble working with the PS4 Pro using 4K. I got the issue with my LG 49UH770V.

I have emailed support, and waiting to hear back. Hopefully there is a fix incoming.

What do you mean there's issues?

I know someone with a new LG 4K and it works perfectly with Xbox One S and 4K Blue Ray and 4K Netflix.

Hopefully just an update needed. The LG TVs are really nice and for me I'd be thinking either LG or Samsung for 4K gaming with HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have a 3 year old lg 4k non hdr tv and the pro working just fine for me anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I've got a Bravia 55x8509c, and Sony have just released a firmware update to bring input lag down on HDR mode to 58ms (35ms for standard game mode).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What do you mean there's issues?

I know someone with a new LG 4K and it works perfectly with Xbox One S and 4K Blue Ray and 4K Netflix.

It won't display 4K. You will just get sound from the screen.

I have read that people with Xbox Ones S consoles aren't seeing the same issue. Seems that the issue is with HDCP support on some LG tvs.

**EDIT**
    Just to add. Its only some models. Some others are working fine. May even be a PS4 Pro issue.

• Hopefully just an update needed. The LG TVs are really nice and for me I'd be thinking either LG or Samsung for 4K gaming with HDR.

I have some info in the Xbox forum about the Panasonic 4K I bought.
    Working great with my PS4 also.
    Settings need to be tweaked for HDR

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Klair88 wrote: »
    I said the same thing to them. Showed the the online page to them too. I would have definitely gotten Dishonoured 2 for €49.99 but I'll drive to Smyths now and get it there probably.

I collected mine in St. Stephen's Green this afternoon. The chap behind the counter produced the list of games available for €49.99 or €9.99 with the purchase of the console, so picked up Arkham Knight for a tenner :) Maybe it depends on the staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It won't display 4K. You will just get sound from the screen.

I have read that people with Xbox Ones S consoles aren't seeing the same issue. Seems that the issue is with HDCP support on some LG tvs.

**EDIT**
    Just to add. Its only some models. Some others are working fine. May even be a PS4 Pro issue.

Really?

Did I read something earlier that you need to swap HDMI if you've a VR or something? That's hardly the problem is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Transfer done and I've managed to mess around with it for 20 or so minutes. Battlefield 1 does seem more stable in Conquest, the PS4 really struggled keeping up a decent frame rate with a lot of action on screen.

Haven't tried PSVR yet.

Couldn't they have put two USB ports in the back. With PSVR, my bluetooth dongle is still awkwardly hanging out the front.

It looks cheap. It's this slab of greyish plastic without any flair. It's sitting next to my Xbox One and it manages to make the Pro look extra nasty. I kind of admired the sheer brutality of the XBO design, but the PS4 was a much nicer piece of design.

The feeling of cheapness isn't helped by a power button that feels like it's going to break any moment. Also the light bar is sloppy. It's this uneven gradient in the brightness that looks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just played 2 games of BF, I'm definitely seeing a difference, seems a lot more stable throughout, no real visual flairs as such, just a lot more solid with the constant 60fps

The console definitely isn't great looking but I never bought a machine for its looks... :)

Transfer done and I've managed to mess around with it for 20 or so minutes. Battlefield 1 does seem more stable in Conquest, the PS4 really struggled keeping up a decent frame rate with a lot of action on screen.

Haven't tried PSVR yet.

Couldn't they have put two USB ports in the back. With PSVR, my bluetooth dongle is still awkwardly hanging out the front.

It looks cheap. It's this slab of greyish plastic without any flair. It's sitting next to my Xbox One and it sorta looks make the Pro look extra nasty. I kind of admired the brutality of the XBO design, but the PS4 was a much nicer piece of design.

The feeling of cheapness isn't helped by a power button that feels like it's going to break any moment. Also the light bar is sloppy. It's this uneven gradient in the brightness that looks off.
    Its rare to find yourself saying that a previous console iteration looks better but in this case I think the original PS4 looks better than the slim and the Pro. Its a shame they couldn't go with the original casing (even a little bit bigger) but I think the Pro looks that way due to adding additional USB ports to the front of the console.

*Edit - the Pro doesn't have additional ports on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Its rare to find yourself saying that a previous console iteration looks better but in this case I think the original PS4 looks better than the slim and the Pro. Its a shame they couldn't go with the original casing (even a little bit bigger) but I think the Pro looks that way due to adding USB ports to the front of the console.

The PS4 only had USB ports on the front.:confused:

The PS4 only had USB ports on the front.:confused:
    Did they not add 2 for the PSVR?

*edit, just checked, no additional USB ports on the front of the PRO. I used to use one of those horrible Aweek adapter to get the additional ports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did they not add 2 for the PSVR?

It still has two, but you can get an adapter that gives you 5 ports, quite a few of the images released for it has the adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

The Last of Us on a 4K TV with HDR enabled...... just Wow!!

Senecio wrote: »
    The Last of Us on a 4K TV with HDR enabled...... just Wow!!
    What TV are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is the modern warfare remaster this good on a normal tv cos holy ****, it looks fantastic. Like a new game almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Anyone order from Amazon get theirs yet or received notification from Parcel Motel?

Sitting here all evening hoping for the email.

Looks like I have to wait until Saturday.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Anyone order from Amazon get theirs yet or received notification from Parcel Motel?

Sitting here all evening hoping for the email.

Looks like I have to wait until Saturday.

They still have not dispatched the NES Mini yet either, so looks like it will be Saturday, Monday if in the West with PM if it does not dispatch in the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

What TV are you using?

Panasonic 50CX802B. Was only patched recently to enable HDR support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've only tried Ratchet and Clank so far but I didn't notice a difference. Game looks great but then it always did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Xenji wrote: »
    They still have not dispatched the NES Mini yet either, so looks like it will be Saturday, Monday if in the West with PM if it does not dispatch in the next few hours.

I ordered the NES from the Nintendo store to get the 8bit Mario plushie. I got a parcel motel notification for that tomorrow. I was hoping to be collecting two items tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Lucreto wrote: »
    I ordered the NES from the Nintendo store to get the 8bit Mario plushie. I got a parcel motel notification for that tomorrow. I was hoping to be collecting two items tomorrow.

Ah lucky, even with Prime mine still has not dispatched yet, should have my second controller though tomorrow :pac:

Advertisement