Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so amazon couldn't cancel my order at 13:00 yesterday and shipped it today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to have to decide now between curved vs flat 4k tvs, decent difference between Samsung and everyone else on input lag on the current screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Question for people. So i bought my PS4 pro yesterday. And i am selling my day 1 PS4 today to put the money towards it. So how do i transfer my game saves over to a USB ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Varik wrote: »
    Going to have to decide now between curved vs flat 4k tvs, decent difference between Samsung and everyone else on input lag on the current screens.

I had a curved J6300 (2015), it really didn't suit my living room, you have to be in the center of it to get the best view so I decided to get a KU6400 (2016) and I am fairly happy with it.

Both tv's areexcellent, the 2015 wasn't 4k so that was another reason for me to upgrade, but I think I have read somewhere tv manufacturers are not investing a lot into curved in the near future.

Hope you find something you are happy with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Question for people. So i bought my PS4 pro yesterday. And i am selling my day 1 PS4 today to put the money towards it. So how do i transfer my game saves over to a USB ?.

If you have both your PS4 and the Pro you can connect them directly with a LAN cable and transfer everything straight over. You just need to have them both connected to WiFi (just for authentication/signing in), connect them with a LAN cable, set up the Pro, sign in and it'll ask if you want to transfer everything from another PS4.

Not sure about the USB process but I would say make sure your USB is the right format (FAT32 or exFAT I think). If it isn't, you might end up losing everything that's currently on the USB drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm on some mailing list and got this

http://www.shopto.net/microsite/ps4-pro?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Discover_PS4_Pro&utm_medium=email

Penn wrote: »
    If you have both your PS4 and the Pro you can connect them directly with a LAN cable and transfer everything straight over. You just need to have them both connected to WiFi (just for authentication/signing in), connect them with a LAN cable, set up the Pro, sign in and it'll ask if you want to transfer everything from another PS4.

Not sure about the USB process but I would say make sure your USB is the right format (FAT32 or exFAT I think). If it isn't, you might end up losing everything that's currently on the USB drive.

Got everything transferred over there on to the USB no problem.

Sadly I won't have my pro to next week :(.

Going to have my vr looking at me when it comes :(.

I ended up selling off all my GameCube and dreamcast games and consoles their and it covered everything I needed for the Vr. Starting to sell all my old video games off as their is no room for them Any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Penn wrote: »

I just did back up and restore in the settings menu. Takes a good while but I've heard it quicker than the direct transfer for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Senecio wrote: »
    The Last of Us on a 4K TV with HDR enabled...... just Wow!!

Yes, indeed, it looks amazing, tempted to play it again. So far only this game got updated after installing pro, when are the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

This is the set i'm leaning towards. Hoping for a black Friday reduction.
    Any of you learned folk see any issues with it?

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201977-ue55ks7000.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Really?

Did I read something earlier that you need to swap HDMI if you've a VR or something? That's hardly the problem is it?

I have the Pro connecting directly to the TV. So its not the VR.

Some hints for Samsung UHD TV owners:
    1. Connect your PS4 Pro directly to the TV port if you have PSVR, you will need to change it back when you wish to use PSVR
    2. Enable UHD Colors on HDMI port which Pro is connected to (disabled by default)
    3. Enjoy HDR on supported games :)

Though it sounds obvious took me some time to figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Some hints for Samsung UHD TV owners:
    1. Connect your PS4 Pro directly to the TV port if you have PSVR, you will need to change it back when you wish to use PSVR
    2. Enable UHD Colors on HDMI port which Pro is connected to (disabled by default)
    3. Enjoy HDR on supported games :)

Though it sounds obvious took me some time to figure.

Obviously you need a HDR ready Samsung..

Ive mine in Hdmi1/dvi and its giving UHD Colour but its not true hdr and the system confirms this..

Yes, indeed, it looks amazing, tempted to play it again. So far only this game got updated after installing pro, when are the others?

Skyrim ,BF1,COD:IW and MW,Fallout 4 supposedly aswell..

I havent been able to check many games.

Skyrim looks great and runs very smoothly,contrary to The KNow's clickbait video yesterday.

TLOU looks stunning though, thats 3 different generations of systems its been the best looking game on,some kind of record imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pain in the ass with model numbers being different from the US

Heard someone say as well that the Samsung 7000 here are US 8000, and 8000 are US 9000.

Also will likely use with my PC so rather the 8000 as they're 120Hz

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Skyrim ,BF1,COD:IW and MW,Fallout 4 supposedly aswell..

BF1 didn't offer any updates and I wasn't notified to switch to HDR like with Last Of Us, perhaps there will be an update soon?

BF1 didn't offer any updates and I wasn't notified to switch to HDR like with Last Of Us, perhaps there will be an update soon?

You are correct,BF1 is due an update,but is running alot smoother on the Pro automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

My amazon order still hasn't dispatched I keep checking it like a mad man :-)

jones wrote: »

They have gone really bad for sending things out. My Xbox one s pre order took a week to send to me for some reason they ended up refundeding me a extra 20 pound for the delay as they had no reason why it took so long. Worth chat to them on phone or online

jones wrote: »

If you want something Day 1, don't order from Amazon. They ship with one or two days after release and if you use PM you have one extra day delay. Just go local and you'll have it on Day 1.

I ordered a game I wanted for Day 1, only received it in 7 days :(

• Advertisement

You are correct,BF1 is due an update,but is running alot smoother on the Pro automatically.

there is no limit to perfection :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Played Uncharted 4 last night, Pro was whisper quiet. My launch PS4 was like a jet taking off playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

superg wrote: »
    Played Uncharted 4 last night, Pro was whisper quiet. My launch PS4 was like a jet taking off playing that.

Haven't got to take a look at UC4 yet, deliberately held off finishing it for the Pro...

Shame no 60fps, even an unlocked frame rate would have been a nice option...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Haven't got to take a look at UC4 yet, deliberately held off finishing it for the Pro...

Shame no 60fps, even an unlocked frame rate would have been a nice option...

I can understand why they went for 30fps only as apparantly th cut scenes seemed too jarring,30fps looked better.. Having seen The Hobbit in 48fps i can onyl think they made the right choice..

Heard back from LG customer support, and there working on a patch. The issue seems to be around hdcp 2.2, which the TV is compatible with on all ports. The issue is only with the PS4 Pro from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

wes wrote: »
    Heard back from LG customer support, and there working on a patch. The issue seems to be around hdcp 2.2, which the TV is compatible with on all ports. The issue is only with the PS4 Pro from what I can see.

I brought the LG 43uh603v when I switched on ultra deep setting for hdr I lost picture to screen. Fixed it by changing the hdcp from auto to 1.4

If you disable hdcp in settings then switch on ultra deep setting on TV. The PS4 will support 4k hdr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can understand why they went for 30fps only as apparantly th cut scenes seemed too jarring,30fps looked better.. Having seen The Hobbit in 48fps i can onyl think they made the right choice..

Thought it worked great in TLOU and Uncharted collection, never saw the Hobbit in 48fps but heard it was a bit wobbly with a TV show style effect...

I brought the LG 43uh603v when I switched on ultra deep setting for hdr I lost picture to screen. Fixed it by changing the hdcp from auto to 1.4

If you disable hdcp in settings then switch on ultra deep setting on TV. The PS4 will support 4k hdr

Ah the only thing I haven't tried is disabling hdcp completely. Thanks, will give it a go.

**EDIT**
    That seems to have fixed it :). No 4K Netflix, but sure I get that on my TV, and there is going to be software fix incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Manged to get 4k and hdcp 2.2 on my new lg oled.

What you need to do is turn on the ps4 by holding the power on until you hear the beep. Have hdcp on auto then change the res to 1080p by starting in safe mode again.

That should start the Pro with hdcp 2.2.

Head in to system settings and disable hdcp. Then head into display and change to 2160p rgb.
    Head back now and enable hdcp and that will do it. You will need to disable hdcp before turning off your ps4 or you will have to go through the same steps again.

Found this over in av forums earlier. On the mobile so don't have the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Manged to get 4k and hdcp 2.2 on my new lg oled.

What you need to do is turn on the ps4 by holding the power on until you hear the beep. Have hdcp on auto then change the res to 1080p by starting in safe mode again.

That should start the Pro with hdcp 2.2.

Head in to system settings and disable hdcp. Then head into display and change to 2160p rgb.
    Head back now and enable hdcp and that will do it. You will need to disable hdcp before turning off your ps4 or you will have to go through the same steps again.

Found this over in av forums earlier. On the mobile so don't have the link.

Advertisement