Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my pro, going to wait and put a 4TB drive in unless some benchmarks show any difference for faster drives.

Setting it to download tonight, will transfer off my 2TB launch one when I swap the pro's HDD out.

Got my pro, going to wait and put a 4TB drive in unless some benchmarks show any difference for faster drives.

Setting it to download tonight, will transfer off my 2TB launch one when I swap the pro's HDD out.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Anyone know if Gamestop Blanchardstown have the pro in stock?
    Wouldn't mind taking advantage of their trade-in offer. Their stock on the website says it is, but it would show green even if all in stock were pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

AGoodison wrote: »
    Anyone know if Gamestop Blanchardstown have the pro in stock?
    Wouldn't mind taking advantage of their trade-in offer. Their stock on the website says it is, but it would show green even if all in stock were pre-ordered.

Call them at (01) 823 5971. Don't know how anyone on boards would know any more than the site could tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

pcadhain wrote: »
    Call them at (01) 823 5971. Don't know how anyone on boards would know any more than the site could tell you.

It's quite simple - if someone bought one in there today and hadn't it pre-ordered, then they would have an idea on stock. I will ring in the morning, but they aren't open at 10 in then evening. As stated the site is useless for checking stock of a console release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There's not one argos store that has run out of stock on this.

Are they mad asking for 470 for the console?
    They must have some idea that the competition are all selling it for less.

Not even looking to get one myself, just price gouging really gets on my fcuking wick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There's not one argos store that has run out of stock on this.

Are they mad asking for 470 for the console?
    They must have some idea that the competition are all selling it for less.

Not even looking to get one myself, just price gouging really gets on my fcuking wick :pac:

I think there will be a offer for it in the next few days ;) as way to high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think there will be a offer for it in the next few days ;) as way to high

SAVE 70 bucks!

Now only 400!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SAVE 70 bucks!

Now only 400!

The only explanation (other than to make money) is that Argos raised the price of the Pro in order to sell off more PS4 & Slim models. Maybe their profit margin or stock levels on those are greater and coming up to Xmas, they want to get shot of them by parents/people who won't really know the difference.

Only thing I can think of. But then again, they're likely just being greedy f*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It's not my week

I disconnected my old PS4 and took out the 2TB drive, installed the old one and boxed it off. My Pro I got from Amazon should have been delivered today through parcel motel but it didn't arrive, no sign this evening that it will be delivered tomorrow.

I decided to take out my PS4 and use it over the weekend but now it won't turn on. It boots up for a second and turns off again. Can anyone help with this problem so it doesn't ruin my weekend. I can't even get into safe mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lucreto wrote: »
    It's not my week

I disconnected my old PS4 and took out the 2TB drive, installed the old one and boxed it off. My Pro I got from Amazon should have been delivered today through parcel motel but it didn't arrive, no sign this evening that it will be delivered tomorrow.

I decided to take out my PS4 and use it over the weekend but now it won't turn on. It boots up for a second and turns off again. Can anyone help with this problem so it doesn't ruin my weekend. I can't even get into safe mode.

Once you put the old HD in the other one is unpaired with the console, did you install the firmware after putting the older HD in?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Once you put the old HD in the other one is unpaired with the console, did you install the firmware after putting the older HD in?

The old HDD was never used so putting it back in should not require that update. Anyway I can't install all the updates since I can't get into safe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

The old HDD was never used so putting it back in should not require that update. Anyway I can't install all the updates since I can't get into safe mode.

You need to download the latest OS off the ps website to a USB key (about 800mb)

Turn on your console and when prompted plug int the USB key. It will reinstall the OS and then you are ready to go again

The PS4 to PS4 transfer is great, you can select what gets transferred at the time so no need to worry about HDD size. You can't really use it as a backup like the vita/psp could with a PC or PS3 where you'd be able to save and transfer a game anytime as the PS4 transfer is once off as it overwrites the console it's transferring to, so if you miss a game or get a new game you want to transfer you have to do the whole lot again.

700GB (not changing out 1TB drive yet)
    Down as 6 hours over 100 Mbit/s and 110 minute over 1000 Mbit/s ethernet. times are what the PS4 gave so can't be sure if the 6 hours were rounded much.

So about 2.6 hours per Terabyte.

Didn't do that on the PS3 as I swapped a few around, think I may have tried for the PS4 once at one point but when I had an issue I think I checked it out on my PC and wiped it so not sure but that may be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

SAVE 70 bucks!

Now only 400!

just need the second part of your prediction to come true

R.F. wrote: »
    You need to download the latest OS off the ps website to a USB key (about 800mb)

Turn on your console and when prompted plug int the USB key. It will reinstall the OS and then you are ready to go again

As I said I can't even get that far. I have a USB drive ready but the console stays on for less than a second then turns itself off again. I can't get to safe mode to do the OST thing.

As I said I can't even get that far. I have a USB drive ready but the console stays on for less than a second then turns itself off again. I can't get to safe mode to do the OST thing.

The old HD is formatted with an old FW, and your PS is up to 4.05 at the moment, when you insert any hd it automatically pairs that to it...

Are you doing safe mode right?

Power it on with button, keep button held until you hear the second beep and then let go...

Varik wrote: »
    Didn't do that on the PS3 as I swapped a few around, think I may have tried for the PS4 once at one point but when I had an issue I think I checked it out on my PC and wiped it so not sure but that may be right.

Correct, it didn't do it on PS3, and that's why you ran into issues attempting it on PS4..

I've already done it to 2 PS4s this week with the new FW, both backed up successfully, swapped HD and reinstalled all the data before selling one...

The old HD is formatted with an old FW, and your PS is up to 4.05 at the moment, when you insert any hd it automatically pairs that to it...

Power it on with button, keep button held until you hear the second beep and then let go...

This is what keeps happening but I hold the button but don't get the second beep.

https://youtu.be/sJ7AkHbtIIU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is what keeps happening but I hold the button but don't get the second beep.

https://youtu.be/sJ7AkHbtIIU

From what I can see on that, nowhere did you hold the power button on long enough to get the second beep.

Press and hold the power on button on the console, not the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone come across any good trade in deals for a PS4 Pro? Have a 1TB Xbox One going to waste here.

F1ngers wrote: »
    From what I can see on that, nowhere did you hold the power button on long enough to get the second beep.

Press and hold the power on button on the console, not the controller.

That was not me. It's just a video I found online showing the problem. If it was me there would be a lot more swearing.

I was holding the button unlike the video.

Anyway it's fixed now if temporarily. Apparently unplugging it and giving a few whacks with your knee actually works. As I bonus the old HDD I put back in still has PT on it. I thought I deleted that ages ago.

That was not me. It's just a video I found online showing the problem. If it was me there would be a lot more swearing.

I was holding the button unlike the video.

Anyway it's fixed now if temporarily. Apparently unplugging it and giving a few whacks with your knee actually works. As I bonus the old HDD I put back in still has PT on it. I thought I deleted that ages ago.

Up the FW on it to the latest and back it up then with a different external HD, scroll to the bottom of settings near initialisation, there is an option then to back up PS4...

Just remember that when restoring the backup they have to be on same system software....

• Anyone play the TLOU on the pro yet? Digital foundry cut it to shreds. Performing worse than the PS4.
    Disappointing to say the least
    Wouldn't normally be like Naughty Dog either to release a sub par update

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone play the TLOU on the pro yet? Digital foundry cut it to shreds. Performing worse than the PS4.

I played the 1st hour or so,capped at 30fps @ 4k and infairness i didnt notice any drops,not interested in playing it at 60fps anyway so..

• bigphil2 wrote: »
    I played the 1st hour or so,capped at 30fps @ 4k and infairness i didnt notice any drops,not interested in playing it at 60fps anyway so..

It shouldn't be performing worse on newer hardware.
    60fps in TLOU is superior in every way, you must be the minority.
    I have both PS3 and remastered versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Dipped in and out of a few saved games, and found the 60fps mode somewhat lacking TBH. Lot of frame drops and an overall feeling of judder in some areas. Inconsistent would be the best description.
    It's impossible to switch in and out of the two Pro modes as it will just annoy the bejeyus out of you as you try to adjust between 30fps and 45-60fps on the fly, and will ruin the experience for you.
    Stick with one or the other from the get-go, but it could use some love in any performance patches, as 60fps would be the ideal way to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It shouldn't be performing worse on newer hardware.
    60fps in TLOU is superior in every way, you must be the minority.
    I have both PS3 and remastered versions.

Just my preference.. same with UC4,i reckon that campaign @30fps suits it and the cut scenes better.. MP on the other hand has to be 60fps..

Its a shame its not perfoming properly but it is early days and imagine these will be patch quite quickly given Sony's outline for Pro Support..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone play the TLOU on the pro yet? Digital foundry cut it to shreds. Performing worse than the PS4.

Surely not mick. Do you have a link to the article?

I will be holding off upgrading to the pro for the moment so. Very disappointed with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Saw that skyrim had worse frame rate at 1080p compared to the PS4. That game seems like a joke of a update in general though.

Advertisement