Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I said f it picked it up in argos today as I was in town after selling my day one Ps4 for 200 euros being honest that's nuts for it.

Got the dishonored deal in argos and traded in right back into cex haha.

Cost me 175 to upgrade but it works out a good bit less as I sold my boxed copy of pokemon gold and sliver last night for 50 each and loads more retro games over the past week to cover the vr headset as well.

I am in luck on my LG 4K HDR it seems to be displaying perfect for now.... But still have to download the games to play on it still.

I said f it picked it up in argos today as I was in town after selling my day one Ps4 for 200 euros being honest that's nuts for it.

Got the dishonored deal in argos and traded in right back into cex haha.

Cost me 175 to upgrade but it works out a good bit less as I sold my boxed copy of pokemon gold and sliver last night for 50 each and loads more retro games over the past week to cover the vr headset as well.

I am in luck on my LG 4K HDR it seems to be displaying perfect for now.... But still have to download the games to play on it still.

• bigphil2 wrote: »
    Just my preference.. same with UC4,i reckon that campaign @30fps suits it and the cut scenes better.. MP on the other hand has to be 60fps..

Its a shame its not perfoming properly but it is early days and imagine these will be patch quite quickly given Sony's outline for Pro Support..
    I'd hope they will release subsequent patch for the game to rectify the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

still in 2 minds as whether I will buy a pro or not..... Have a 4k tv, but Im not sure it has HDR, so I do not know if I would notice the difference on the 4k tv with the pro.. any advice would be welcome............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd hope they will release subsequent patch for the game to rectify the issues.

Sony did say they were looking into some games that were not running correctly so I assume a patch can hopefully sort it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone know of a good hdmi switch/splitter?

I have only one hdmi 2.0 port on my TV and have the Pro and a Sky Q box to connect.

Thanks, bit unsure on these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Did they put a battery in the controllers. They seem to last longer

Did they put a battery in the controllers. They seem to last longer

I didn't think they did, charged my controller on Thursday, went down to is final bar earlier, but I've only really sporadically being playing it, can't gauge it properly yet...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Think i'll leave the pro, don't own a 4k tv and so far the pro only has slight visual/frame rate improvements in some games for owners of 1080p tv's.

Also the Scorpio will be released in just over a year's time and will be way more powerful than the pro, do you's think Sony will have another ps4 upgrade console by then to compete with the scorpio?

Personally i'd like to see them aiming the pro at 1080p/60fps with enhanced visuals over 4k. If sony had done that, getting a pro would be a no-brainer.

I am just wondering I must be doing something wrong I am trying to order shadow of morder game of the year from game and it won't let me send it to Ireland has anyone ever had that issue before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I am just wondering I must be doing something wrong I am trying to order shadow of morder game of the year from game and it won't let me send it to Ireland has anyone ever had that issue before?

They haven't delivered to Ireland for a while I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Put Eire in as your post code. Should work then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have only one hdmi 2.0 port on my TV and have the Pro and a Sky Q box to connect.

I bought this on Amazon and it works a treat

E83BA2EE-2047-4DA7-BE5F-5B618AFF6089_zpsoos0tmrl.png

Damien360 wrote: »
    I bought this on Amazon and it works a treat

E83BA2EE-2047-4DA7-BE5F-5B618AFF6089_zpsoos0tmrl.png

Would that support HDMI 2.2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fieldog wrote: »

I honestly don't know. Has tv, chromecast (vet 1) and PS4 connected. Auto switches and has a button to switch if that ever fails to work.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know. Has tv, chromecast (vet 1) and PS4 connected. Auto switches and has a button to switch if that ever fails to work.

Yeah but needs 2.2 for 4K afaik, 1080p would be limiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gonzo wrote: »
    Also the Scorpio will be released in just over a year's time and will be way more powerful than the pro, do you's think Sony will have another ps4 upgrade console by then to compete with the scorpio?

Really doubt it. Getting another model of PS4 out next year would p*ss off a lot of fans, especially ones who bought the Pro.

My prediction is next September, two months before the Scorpio comes out, Sony will announce the PS5 for release in 2018 with specs higher than the Scorpio. Means you take some of the wind out the sails of the Scorpio, still gives those who bought the Pro 2 years before a new Playstation is released, and forces Microsoft to rush into the next generation earlier than they may have planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Penn wrote: »
    Really doubt it. Getting another model of PS4 out next year would p*ss off a lot of fans, especially ones who bought the Pro.

My prediction is next September, two months before the Scorpio comes out, Sony will announce the PS5 for release in 2018 with specs higher than the Scorpio. Means you take some of the wind out the sails of the Scorpio, still gives those who bought the Pro 2 years before a new Playstation is released, and forces Microsoft to rush into the next generation earlier than they may have planned.

I'd say it'll be out more likely in 2019 TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd say it'll be out more likely in 2019 TBH

Microsoft have already announced "Holidays" 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Microsoft have already announced "Holidays" 2017.

Think he meant PS5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone who got the Pro. Is it running very hot for you? Mine runs very quiet but it gets very hot in a short period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah but needs 2.2 for 4K afaik, 1080p would be limiting...

You're mixing up HDMI and HDCP.

You need at least HDMI 1.4 to do 4k but it's only limited to 30, you're not really going to find anything cheap for HDMI 2.0

Best option would be to get a 1.4 switch cheap as the only thing that could be 4K@60 would be Youtube. At 1.4 you'd have 4K@30 and 1080@60+ get something cheap and in a few years if you needed you could get something cheap again for 2.1 (announced) or higher.

Spent a long time looking up this as I've got my PC hooked up along with my consoles and was trying to get a HDMI matrix but sadly can't for anything less than most people spend on a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Does most gamestops have the ps4 pro in stock?? And are they giving a good trade in deal on the original ps4 ? And is there much of a picture difference between ps4 and the pro... like worth upgrading for ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mine runs real loud on COD IW/MW for some reason, but then on Bloodborne or Ratchet & Clank its quiet. Weird it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New HDD should arrive today so I'll have 2TB in my Pro soon.

Also like the fact that the top cover comes off easily so you can clean out the fan more easily.

4udrkka1zdcywvyg4ozdi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Does most gamestops have the ps4 pro in stock?? And are they giving a good trade in deal on the original ps4 ? And is there much of a picture difference between ps4 and the pro... like worth upgrading for ? Thanks

Got €195 for my ps4 500gb in gamestop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Just watched "The True Memoirs of an International Assassin" on Netflix, on PS4 Pro, HDR was ON, it was damn good, first movie I really noticed the difference between 1080p and 4K. Funny thing that on TV Netflix App (Samsung F9000) the HDR is not available, on Pro Is!, so another point to buy Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Just watched "The True Memoirs of an International Assassin" on Netflix, on PS4 Pro, HDR was ON, it was damn good, first movie I really noticed the difference between 1080p and 4K. Funny thing that on TV Netflix App (Samsung F9000) the HDR is not available, on Pro Is!, so another point to buy Pro.

oh nice i was wondering whether the pro would be better than watching it from the Samsung app

Otacon wrote: »
    New HDD should arrive today so I'll have 2TB in my Pro soon.

Also like the fact that the top cover comes off easily so you can clean out the fan more easily.

4udrkka1zdcywvyg4ozdi.jpg

Didn't know that and I watched the teardown video!

A bit odd Sony themselves releasing a tear down video I thought but great to see :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

peteeeed wrote: »
    oh nice i was wondering whether the pro would be better than watching it from the Samsung app

It is. For some reason, HDR is not enabled of TV App, also HDR works fine on Nvidia Shield. Perhaps its only ON on HDMI sources with UHD Colours enabled.

Update: its weird, yesterday I watched it in HDR, 100%, it was marked as HDR right to the title, now it only showing Ultra HD 4K, is Netflix messing with the quality? There other titles are in HDR, this one not, today. At least I can now compare it to non-HDR version and must say its really addictive to watch in HDR, can't go back now :(

Advertisement