Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It's a bit fiddly alright, you have to pull the tab towards you and slide slightly to the right at the same time. The standard PS4 was so much easier.

I used a knife in the end. The knife was bending in my effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen argos have dropped the price to 400 now with a free copy of dishonored 2 that you can trade in to cex for 50 euros so 350 for a new Ps4 pro

Bargain if you ask me.

Pity I bought it 3 days ago and cost me 25 euros more.... Bit pissed ha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Seen argos have dropped the price to 400 now with a free copy of dishonored 2 that you can trade in to cex for 50 euros so 350 for a new Ps4 pro

Dishonored 2 for free, or The Division for €15.

What a weird deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is The Division even due to get a Pro patch?

Pretty strange one alright

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

So what exactly does it mean when your 4K tv doesn't have HDR. I bought my ps4 pro today but have had my 4K tv about 4 months now. I didn't know anything about HDR until I read this thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Mark26 wrote: »
    So what exactly does it mean when your 4K tv doesn't have HDR. I bought my ps4 pro today but have had my 4K tv about 4 months now. I didn't know anything about HDR until I read this thread....

Give us some more details, what is your TV make and model, how do you connect to TV, did you use HDMI 2 cable, do you have PSVR?

• Mark26 wrote: »

High Dynamic Range
    What model do you have?
    Certain tvs are patching in this feature with firmware updates

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Give us some more details, what is your TV make and model, how do you connect to TV, did you use HDMI 2 cable, do you have PSVR?

The model tv is Samsung UE65JU600 > http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/uhd-tvs/UE65JU6400KXXU

I am currently using a hdmi 2.0. I don't have the PlayStation virtual reality headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

The model tv is Samsung UE65JU600 > http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/uhd-tvs/UE65JU6400KXXU

I am currently using a hdmi 2.0. I don't have the PlayStation virtual reality headset.

If the resolution of your tv is 3840 x 2160 then it is 4k,

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Well its a Samsung, so make sure to enable UHD Colours option in Picture Settings for the HDMI port you have PS4 Pro connected to. Make sure that your TV firmware is up to date, hope this helps. You can look for some answers here as well: https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ue-ju6400-ju6500-4k-range-owners-thread.1953353/

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    If the resolution of your tv is 3840 x 2160 then it is 4k,

Yep, that's the resolution I'm currently getting !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Pro can use remote play at 1080p anyone tried it, does it work on the Android TVs or PS VITA TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

You know the way some games are running worse on the Pro, is there an option to put them back to original settings so it would run the same as on a normal PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

hey guys my pro says HDR ON YOUR TV Not Supported , now my new samsung 4k uhd 6000 has hdr in it , how do i fix that? im confused

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Uncharted 4 and the last of us look amazing with hdr.

Stop my 4K LG is now giving me trouble with the pro well I get it with my one s as well. ..
    . Basically I think there is a issue with the 4K HDmi I the TV as I have tryed 3 different 4K HDmi cables all given the same issue.

Notting displaying on the screen once I wake from standby.

A email to power city is a must today as what's the point of TV if you can't use the 4K part of it. They must be sick of me at this stage as the stand part of the TV has broke in the middle twice for no reason only with the TV sitting there Wtf?.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

hey guys my pro says HDR ON YOUR TV Not Supported , now my new samsung 4k uhd 6000 has hdr in it , how do i fix that? im confused

Is HDR enabled on the settings of your TV? I think I read elsewhere some people having the same issue with Samsung TVs. It might be called something else on the TV settings. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Edit: "Samsung TV's run it in game mode, up your backlight to 20, set colour space native and ensure uhd colour is on. You'll need to set the port to on. There you go should work, fixed my ku6000 series."

It's a LG I have tried it both on HDR and none HDR and same issue.

On the one s there is major issues as well after a random time black lines come down and sound stops and it stops working and have to plug In and out the HDmi a few times to get it working again.

I think the issue is with the HDmi port on the TV. The TV only has the one 4K port and that's the one giveing the issues as thinking about it there is issues when I plug in the macbook pro into the TV as well for 4K use it to output 4K films that I found. As basically the same issues as both the Ps4 and Xbox one.

I emailed power city there and waiting for reply as the TV is only 16 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It's a LG I have tried it both on HDR and none HDR and same issue.

On the one s there is major issues as well after a random time black lines come down and sound stops and it stops working and have to plug In and out the HDmi a few times to get it working again.

I think the issue is with the HDmi port on the TV. The TV only has the one 4K port and that's the one giveing the issues as thinking about it there is issues when I plug in the macbook pro into the TV as well for 4K use it to output 4K films that I found. As basically the same issues as both the Ps4 and Xbox one.

I emailed power city there and waiting for reply as the TV is only 16 months old.

Ask Power city if you can bring your Pro along to the store and try it on a display model tv of the same type or brand and see if the issue is the same , if it is ,then send your tv back , if it's not , then send your tv back .

You will work out if it is a problem with the brand or just your tv and save them the hassle of sending out a tech guy to tell you what you already know. You really don't want them to swap your tv for another of the same model , only to find that it's an issue with LG .

Live in cork haha. Can't get near a power city. The problem is on MacBook pro, Ps4 pro and Xbox one s. All 3 items that I have that support 4k only. All giveing me major problems on my TV. So I think the issue is down to the TV.

Yah I still worry I changed over to LG last year as I paid I think 1400 euros for it last year and I came from Panasonic plasma and that TV never gave me a issue over the 4 years while this has given me countless issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wouldn't buy an LG TV personally, I've only ever heard of weird issues with HDMI connections (such as what you are having!) with LG TVs, and my mates LG went tits up 2 days outside warranty, a smart TV, that mainly put me off them...

I think it boils down to luck with a lot of these things...

Sent from my LG Nexus 5, lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy an LG TV personally, I've only ever heard of weird issues with HDMI connections (such as what you are having!) with LG TVs, and my mates LG went tits up 2 days outside warranty, a smart TV, that mainly put me off them...

I think it boils down to luck with a lot of these things...

Sent from my LG Nexus 5, lol

LG are just like every company, they have their faults and good points.
    I have an old Flat Screen 48" I bought about 10 years ago, some german brand but the panel inside etc is LG and never had an issue with it. I have heard some horror stories in the last year or two in relation to their smart tv's been useless.

Power city has been in touch. Over my TV.

There looking into the issue now with LG why does my PS4 Xbox s and Mac not work in 4k on my TV. I hope I can get it fixed soon. So I can use 4k soon.

As last night playing Dabilo 3 on the pro. Getting random black lines flashing on the TV and sound going at random as well.

The TV was grand when I was using it on 1080p mode but in the last month I get all 4k products for it and bam issues not stop now. Ahhh TV for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Loads of pro stock in b&m stores . Roll on black friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

FWIW.......LG have responded to some of the issues regarding PS4 Pro connectivity and are looking at a software solution next month.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/11/17/ps4-pro-tv-connection-woes-lg-responds/#28d7f3084719

Having said that, it's certainly not all models out there.......haven't had an issue on two TVs I've tried out with regard to HDCP2.2, HDR, 4K YUV/RGB etc, one of which is a 2016 model LG. May be isolated to previous year models.
    As has been said before, Deep Color support is usually disabled by default on a lot of TVs, and even then not all HDMI inputs are supported. If you've a model that other people have reported no issues with, it's the first thing to double check as well a replacement cable - usually a HDMI cable is a HDMI cable, but there can be some nasty ones out there. Certainly with regard to LG deep color connections, it's advisable to try out a proper 18Gbps rated jobbie if possible before deciding there's a definite problem. Normally that's never the case with HDMI cables and a normal one will do, but HDMI handshakes can be a fickle thing and I'd be a liar if I said I've never seen a cable failing in the past (cheap or expensive).

I have used 3 different cables and Xbox one s Ps4 pro and Mac book retina and all of them are giveing issues. So to me it's the TV at issue. We'll my LG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have used 3 different cables and Xbox one s Ps4 pro and Mac book retina and all of them are giveing issues. So to me it's the TV at issue. We'll my LG

Would never buy an LG, always buy Samsung..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Penn wrote: »
    Is HDR enabled on the settings of your TV? I think I read elsewhere some people having the same issue with Samsung TVs. It might be called something else on the TV settings. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Edit: "Samsung TV's run it in game mode, up your backlight to 20, set colour space native and ensure uhd colour is on. You'll need to set the port to on. There you go should work, fixed my ku6000 series."

well got it to be supported now thanks...but shouldnt it be in hdr+ mode instead no? that option is just under game mode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

My pro definitely isn't whisper silent or whatever

https://vid.me/aN2S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, my Pro is as loud as my launch PS4 when spinning up and reading from the disc. Xbox One S is virtually silent compared. The PS4 Pro is not that bad for noise when you consider it's power requirement over the standard console.

Advertisement