Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

My pro definitely isn't whisper silent or whatever

https://vid.me/aN2S

That is whisper quiet compared to launch Boeing 747.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Batesy wrote: »
    That is whisper quiet compared to launch Boeing 747.

I've found the launch and Pro can be loud when first installing a disk, but after that, genuinely think it's pretty quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Same here, my Pro is as loud as my launch PS4 when spinning up and reading from the disc. Xbox One S is virtually silent compared. The PS4 Pro is not that bad for noise when you consider it's power requirement over the standard console.

A lot of games are now downloaded, so this should't be a big problem, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I have used 3 different cables and Xbox one s Ps4 pro and Mac book retina and all of them are giveing issues. So to me it's the TV at issue. We'll my LG

Which model is it BTW ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Penn wrote: »
    I've found the launch and Pro can be loud when first installing a disk, but after that, genuinely think it's pretty quiet.

I agree except I think the Pro is louder than the launch even after the game disc has stopped. I've played Titanfall 2 on both and I think it's louder on the Pro. Same set up and ventilation etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

I can barely hear my pro. Must have got a good one. It's right beside me on my desk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Pro's killing children everywhere.

XB fanboy's , no bar is too low :)

And... Response + analysis ( swear words included ) ,

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Pro's killing children everywhere.

XB fanboy's , no bar is too low :)

And... Response + analysis ( swear words included ) ,

:P
    It's been absolutely hilarious watching these PS owners lose their minds over that guy (crap gamer... something) he obviously has issues.

Second video, PS guy is going to explode lol.

All they are doing is giving this idiot air time and views.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

anyone know if gta v and destiny getting a ps pro patch anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I doubt Destiny will cause it's a multiplayer game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Destiny definitely not,GTAV probably not as again its mostly MP at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They might get graphical upgrades but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My pro definitely isn't whisper silent or whatever

https://vid.me/aN2S

Yeah sometimes when I'm downloading stuff or watching YouTube it's as loud as the original base system ever was. Haven't played it a whole lot, while I am grateful for the storage space but every time I see Digital Foundry release a video I wonder why does it run some games worse than the original model or why is there a catch on most games that "support" the Pro like The Last of Us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I got the Pro there on Thursday but have only really played it properly over Today and Yesterday and I am honestly delighted with it, especially considering the upgrade only cost me ~€50.

In terms of how load it is, I can't hardly hear it in gameplay, if at all. The only time I've heard it get in any way load was when I booted up a BluRay game, but then again that only a short time and it goes back to it usual quiet state.

However it's early days yet, I'll be able to judge better in a couple of weeks, but so far so good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My LG TV now is as strange as ever with the issue on 4k heres a photo of what it displays for me on 4K there is this odd grain on the screen at random times and then it flashes at random on me on PS4 pro xbox one s and MacBook pro.

Just so strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

My LG TV now is as strange as ever with the issue on 4k heres a photo of what it displays for me on 4K there is this odd grain on the screen at random times and then it flashes at random on me on PS4 pro xbox one s and MacBook pro.

Just so strange.

That looks like interference of some kind on the input . I know you have tried different cables , but that's what it looks like to me as it's the same on different sources . It might be a dodgy tv .

That looks like interference of some kind on the input . I know you have tried different cables , but that's what it looks like to me as it's the same on different sources . It might be a dodgy tv .

Yah have tried loads of different 4k cables. The one with the PS4 pro and xbox one S and another i have. Getting the same issue at random on the PS4 pro.

Have spoke to LG about it who are blaming my mac, xbox one s and my ps4 pro on this issue.

I have been speaking to power city who i bought it from to come out and look at it since Friday and they are not morning as the TV is out of warranty ...... i have brought up my 3 R to them. They still wont more this is going to be long long time to get somewhere on this ....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have spoke to LG about it who are blaming my mac, xbox one s and my ps4 pro on this issue.

You believe this?
    The common denominator is the TV.

Can you try on a friends 4K HDR TV?

F1ngers wrote: »
    You believe this?
    The common denominator is the TV.

Can you try on a friends 4K HDR TV?

I have to make it worse tried another TV and no issues with any of the products in 4K.

The issue is the TV and Power City and LG wont take the blame for the issue.

I think a latter will be needed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Conar

I have to make it worse tried another TV and no issues with any of the products in 4K.

The issue is the TV and Power City and LG wont take the blame for the issue.

I think a latter will be needed at this stage.

How old is the TV?

• Advertisement

Conar wrote: »
    How old is the TV?

16 months old. Not old at all but as it's older then 12 months it's now your fault haha and a fight to get someone to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I had problems with connecting my Pro to my samsung at first. But it seems to have corrected itself *touch wood*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Conar

16 months old. Not old at all but as it's older then 12 months it's now your fault haha and a fight to get someone to look at it.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV:l32022

Pretty sure the reseller has to stand over any faults for 2 years.

Varik wrote: »
    LG said a firmware update is coming by the end of november.

That's an EU directive that wasn't enacted in Irish law, as Irish law already offered enough protection.

Sadly i wish it was just the PS4 pro giveing issues the Xbox one S and MacBook pro Retina have the same issue when in 4K.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some posts deleted.
    Consumer law discussion > consumer issues forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    Some posts deleted.
    Consumer law discussion > consumer issues forum.

So you delete my post and leave up wrong information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sadly i wish it was just the PS4 pro giveing issues the Xbox one S and MacBook pro Retina have the same issue when in 4K.

But it's all the same TV right, chances are it's a HDCP issue that LG will fix with the patch that'll sort it for all the effected.

Varik wrote: »
    But it's all the same TV right, chances are it's a HDCP issue that LG will fix with the patch that'll sort it for all the effected.

Being honest with you i dont think its a HDCP issue as at the start the xbox one S was fine in 4K mode then the issue started once i got my PS4 PRO. Then it happened on everything at the same time. The mac kind of worked now it just dos not pick it up once its plugged into the TV with loads of different cables.

Like its just strange as well the Stand keeps on breaking on it as well. I give you a idea the TV was in my mother and fathers house for 3 months with out anyone been in my bedroom. Then bam come to visit and to get the TV the stand was broke again. It was just changed before that a few times as well. What makes it crazier its the same spot all the time where it breaks :eek:.

I have got another email from power city there more or less blaming me and the consoles nearly a week and they still won't send someone out to look at the issue it shows that I will get no where with them. Facepam

Another update 4 days later they have said to coming out to look at it. 20 emails to get them to come out. Facepam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Assassin's Creed Syndicate patched with 4K support (what that entails overall - you'd imagine some upscaling ??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone see any deals on the pro yet?

Advertisement