Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Anyone see any deals on the pro yet?

:eek:

Have you come to your senses and realize that Playstation is the One ...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

:eek:

Have you come to your senses and realize that Playstation is the One ...:P

I have both consoles.

Considering upgrading my 4 to the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

I thought the Samsung KS7000 was the0 one to get until I saw a few various forums saying there are issues with the HDR and getting a blank screen

Its such a minefield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

R.F. wrote: »
    I thought the Samsung KS7000 was the0 one to get until I saw a few various forums saying there are issues with the HDR and getting a blank screen

Its such a minefield

I have a 1080 tv and have no intention of upgrading at the mo . There is a battle about to start in the tech world between Dolby and Hdr .

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/learn/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision

This should be good for prices for the consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its such a minefield

Dont get a LG as well as mine is a complete fail when it comes to 4k it wont work on the PS4 pro, Xbox one S and the MacBook retina. Ha ha.

Thats it in action there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Prob been asked a billion times already but.... I'm getting a pro next week, upgrading from my standard ps4. Can I simply swap out the hard drives and have all my games and save files on the pro or is it more complicated than that. I don't have PS+

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Prob been asked a billion times already but.... I'm getting a pro next week, upgrading from my standard ps4. Can I simply swap out the hard drives and have all my games and save files on the pro or is it more complicated than that. I don't have PS+

Thanks!

Just have your PS4 and Pro connected to same network, sign in on both consoles and the Pro will find your old PS4 and ask what to copy over. I can take a while depending on how much data you want to copy but its a simple process.

YOu can't hot swap HDD between PS4s as the new console will wipe the old drive in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thanks!

No. Hard drive content is coded to a particular machine. You can't just swap them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks!

You need to back up your games and saves etc, even if you swap the hard drives. You will need to format the HD, when you swap them, and then restore via the back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

wes wrote: »
    You need to back up your games and saves etc, even if you swap the hard drives. You will need to format the HD, when you swap them, and then restore via the back up.

Thanks for the fast replies guys!

Yeah I have a 2tb drive in the original ps4. I've no problem formatting the hard-drive and loading in the new OS upgrade etc, but backing up my saves, is there a simple guide you guys would recommend or should I sign up to PS+ for 3 months to put my saves up in the 'cloud'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah I have a 2tb drive in the original ps4. I've no problem formatting the hard-drive and loading in the new OS upgrade etc, but backing up my saves, is there a simple guide you guys would recommend or should I sign up to PS+ for 3 months to put my saves up in the 'cloud'?

You can back up your saves to an external drive too.
    If you've never had PS+ with your account, you can get two weeks free.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

You can save them to a usb.i had ps+ so did the cloud save..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its such a minefield

Are those U.S based forums?

The KS7000 in the U.S is the KS8000 here and vice versa.

Confusing model numbers.

KS7000 [U.S] = KS8000 [E.U]
    KS8000 [E.U] = KS7000 [U.S] mistake, my apologies.

Confusing model numbers.

KS8000 [E.U] = KS7000 [U.S]

Oh I thought the KS7000 was EU

Here is the one I was thinking about -

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-55-7-series-suhd-tv-ue55ks7000uxxu.html

Oh I thought the KS7000 was EU

Here is the one I was thinking about -

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-55-7-series-suhd-tv-ue55ks7000uxxu.html

Thats the KS8000 in the U.S. If you find any reviews or forum posts in the U.S about the KS8000 that is referring to our KS7000 here.

Thats the KS8000 in the U.S. If you find any reviews or forum posts in the U.S about the KS8000 that is referring to our KS7000 here.

OK cheers

and would you know if this EU KS7000 is recommended for the Ps4 Pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Confusing model numbers.

KS8000 [E.U] = KS7000 [U.S]

That's not right, the 7000 here is indeed the US 8000 but they're not swapped.

9800 SUHD series (9500 Series here)
    9500 Series (9000 series here but with edge lighting (worse than US) )
    9000 Series (8000 Series here)
    8000 Series (7000 Series here)
    7000 Series (6400 Series here also a 6470 but limited to certain shops)
    6300 Series (6000 Series here)

Varik wrote: »
    That's not right, the 7000 here is indeed the US 8000 but they're not swapped.

9800 SUHD series (9500 Series here)
    9500 Series (9000 series here but with edge lighting (worse than US) )
    9000 Series (8000 Series here)
    8000 Series (7000 Series here)
    7000 Series (6400 Series here also a 6470 but limited to certain shops)
    6300 Series (6000 Series here)
    Thanks, I have updated my post.

The main thing to remember when watching or reading a U.S review is that the KS8000 is our E.U KS7000.

Its got glowing reports from what I have read and watched.
    OK cheers

I can't answer regarding the PS4 Pro. I am buying the KS7000 for my Xbox One S and then I am using the One S to upscale my original PS4.

The TV is praised for its latency in game mode while using HDR and the panel is 10 bit.

OK cheers

Here is an in depth review. [2:35] - gaming mention

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How about those Black Friday deals on the pro then.

• Advertisement

How about those Black Friday deals on the pro then.
    None.

We kind of suspected that would be the case. Retailers seem to be going with the Slim model for sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

None.

We kind of suspected that would be the case. Retailers seem to be going with the Slim model for sales.

Tesco Direct have it on sale (use AddressPal or Parcel Motel)
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/ps4-pro-1tb-console-black/130-0023.prd

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Tesco Direct have it on sale (use AddressPal or Parcel Motel)
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/ps4-pro-1tb-console-black/130-0023.prd

Its just not worth saving €2.53 instead of walking into Gamestop, Smyths or any other bricks and mortar retailer here and buying it for €400.

£332.49 is about €390 and then add €3.52 for the Tesco shipping to Parcel Motel and then they charge (€3.95). Total: €397.47 which excludes any bank/currency exchange rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

None.

No I know. I was making a sarky comment on all the people who said it'd be cheap today.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

What's the story with BF1 and the downgrade to the pro, as well as PC to some extent.. any follow ups to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://youtu.be/kWwLqbutsfM

DF on VR on the Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

https://youtu.be/kWwLqbutsfM

DF on VR on the Pro

Either that dudes voice is really weird or whoever edited the video made it so he nearly clips over the end of his own sentences.

Hard to listen to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Has anyone traded in a 500Gb PS4 lately?

Mine is exactly a year old, but I wouldn't mind swapping over if it was within €200 quid to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I traded in a launch day 500GB for the Pro in Gamestop a few weeks ago,I paid €205 but I think that offer ended last Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah Gamestop are only giving €88 cash for 500gb PS4s trade ins now

Advertisement