Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah Gamestop are only giving €88 cash for 500gb PS4s trade ins now

This is pretty much the main reason I'll be holding onto my launch ps4 until it explodes which could happen quite soon as it happens.

The noise and heat from that yolk are pretty serious. Like a jet engine!

That said I was playing xenoblade on Wii U last night and the missus asked me what all the noise was.l under the telly. I don't think the Wii U likes Xenoblades expansive world much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ouch! Glad I traded mine when I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Thats not good

I managed to get €155 from CEX last week, which was OK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Hi

Havent played the ps in about 2 years

My old ps3 died and I never bought the ps4

I want the ps4 pro now

What and where are the best bundles?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

yayamark wrote: »
    Hi

Havent played the ps in about 2 years

My old ps3 died and I never bought the ps4

I want the ps4 pro now

What and where are the best bundles?

Thanks
    1TB with TLoU, Uncharted & Driveclub for £250.

500GB with Uncharted and FIFA 17 for £200.

And there's any amount of very decent variants of those 2 on Amazon, so you can't really go wrong there. Those are the best deals on the base model anyway.
    If you would like the Pro and you have the TV set to take advantage of it then I'd say Argos is your best bet. That console is only a couple of weeks old, so you're not going to get many deals on those that hit below RRP. At least with Argos, you will get a relatively new game thrown in also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So just after making roughly around $690 from Rocket League Alpha Items (the internet is a crazy world)... Just now need to transfer and sell the keys I got for PayPal...

But once all done and dusted seriously thinking about upgrading to the pro, I only have a 500GB white one, would I be better off selling it second hand after I get the pro?... Will it take long to transfer all my data and when I transfer the data will it include all usernames and passwords for the accounts and have the activated accounts on the pro?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So just after making roughly around $690 from Rocket League Alpha Items (the internet is a crazy world)... Just now need to transfer and sell the keys I got for PayPal...

But once all done and dusted seriously thinking about upgrading to the pro, I only have a 500GB white one, would I be better off selling it second hand after I get the pro?... Will it take long to transfer all my data and when I transfer the data will it include all usernames and passwords for the accounts and have the activated accounts on the pro?...

How did you make $690 from Rocket league?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How did you make $690 from Rocket league?

I got 2 alpha items from playing the alpha back in 2014, people go nuts for them .... Couldn't believe the offers I was getting ... Had to do so many trades and got 628 RL Keys and 2 x Heat waves in the end as you can't trade them all in one trade he had to send me loadsa heat waves as payment then I would start sending back for more keys so in total ended up with 628 keys and 2 heatwaves...

This was on PC don't think items worth as much on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

LG released a patch, and my PS4 Pro and TV are working fine now, with HDCP turned on.

Apparently, there will so be a HDR fix, that adds a gaming mode or at least reduces the input lag in that mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hoping that Samsung update their TVs, annoying to have to up brightness for HDR games manually each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Varik wrote: »
    Hoping that Samsung update their TVs, annoying to have to up brightness for HDR games manually each time.

Is it the brightness setting? I thought it was just the backlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭nhg

Just wondering if it's worth buying the pro for my 13yr old son, his Samsung smart TV is only 1080, he loves online gaming.....
    His 1st playstation was a hand-me-down from his aunt & his PS3 was bought second hand from someone who was upgrading to the ps4 so this will be his own 1st up to date PlayStation....

TIA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sadly the games are no better in pine due to Sony makeing it a lv playing field as we can't have 60 fps v 30 at all as won't be fair.

There is boasts for 1080p games in single player where there is more FPS and it runs better but this isn't on all games sadly.

It's up to you if you won't to buy as it won't make a difference online sadly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

nhg wrote: »
    Just wondering if it's worth buying the pro for my 13yr old son, his Samsung smart TV is only 1080, he loves online gaming.....
    His 1st playstation was a hand-me-down from his aunt & his PS3 was bought second hand from someone who was upgrading to the ps4 so this will be his own 1st up to date PlayStation....

TIA...

Slim would do fine for him, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can anyone find a link to buy a PS4 Pro-compatible power lead? Spent some (but clearly not enough) time looking last night but couldn't find a 2-pin power lead anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Otacon wrote: »
    Can anyone find a link to buy a PS4 Pro-compatible power lead? Spent some (but clearly not enough) time looking last night but couldn't find a 2-pin power lead anywhere!

It looks like a standard kettle lead without an earth connection to me . Try the power lead from your pc's power supply on the pro , it should fit if I'm right . It will be easy to pick up one of them , you probably even have one already.

Confirmed in this article
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/7/13547616/ps4-pro-pre-review-4k-hdr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

On the last of us the enable hdr is greyed out and I can't select it. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a Samsung ks7000 and have hdr plus enabled on the tv

Looking at my setup I have the hdmi running from the ps to my surround sound which then in turn is connected to the one connect, I'll try connecting it directly.

That's fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

weiland79 wrote: »
    On the last of us the enable hdr is greyed out and I can't select it. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a Samsung ks7000 and have hdr plus enabled on the tv

Looking at my setup I have the hdmi running from the ps to my surround sound which then in turn is connected to the one connect, I'll try connecting it directly.

That's fixed it.

Try this as a starting point.
    Using arc means it shouldn't matter that your TV doesn't support hdr.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNEKnlQd6I

Going to blame the pro for this but could be a general PS4 issue.

Screen went black after starting netflix, sound continued and sometimes it came back if I went back to the home screen and if I removed the HDMI and re added it. After getting back on Neflix wouldn't start and gave the below and it saw the tv as a new tv.

CzAnEAfW8AAmxZi.jpg:small

Fixed it by disabling and then re-enabling HDCP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone see any good pricing on the pro yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

anyone see any good pricing on the pro yet?

The console has been out for less than a month, and Xmas is in just over two weeks. Aside from some places maybe doing a bundle with some cheap games, nowhere is going to be doing any substantial price drops before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Anyone found a solution how to get HDR with PSVR connected without switching cables all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Penn wrote: »
    The console has been out for less than a month, and Xmas is in just over two weeks. Aside from some places maybe doing a bundle with some cheap games, nowhere is going to be doing any substantial price drops before Xmas.

I'm aware of that. I am talking about game bundles

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Anyone found a solution how to get HDR with PSVR connected without switching cables all the time?

HDMI switch 1 input (ps4) and 2 outputs (TV & VR), has to be HDMI 2.0 for the TV and so far there's not many cheap option. Best you could do is a sub €20 switch with button/switch that you hit to change. Will also use 2 HDMI ports on your TV (1 direct from PS4 and 1 from VR).

Anything more than that, say a remote you'd want a HDMI 2.0 matrix. Multiple inputs and outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Varik wrote: »
    Anything more than that, say a remote you'd want a HDMI 2.0 matrix. Multiple inputs and outputs.

Botton is no good, I can do cables switching same way, so annoying Sony didn't make PSVR box HDPC 2.2 compatible :( I'll look into the automatic switch, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Am I right in saying only bundles are in Argos €409 for Pro with the division and Littlewoods €449 with Dishonoured 2?

Can't see one on GameStop or smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Am I right in saying only bundles are in Argos €409 for Pro with the division and Littlewoods €449 with Dishonoured 2?

Can't see one on GameStop or smyths.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/ps4bundledeals/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭nhg

Did well, got the pro for €300 in a local Lions Club Charity Auction hotline on the local radio, collected it yesterday evening (along with its DID receipt), Christmas present sorted for my son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played Titanfall 2 on my PS4 pro last night omg is all can say in the single player mode its a extremely good looking game when ita upskalled to 4k I am not sure what it runs at but it looks fantastic. We'll worth picking this up.

Only issue I had was the Ps4 pro sounded like a jet about to take off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Only issue I had was the Ps4 pro sounded like a jet about to take off.

Yea. Mine got extremely loud during this game too.

Advertisement