Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yea. Mine got extremely loud during this game too.

I had the TV up extremely load and only seen it when I paused the game I was shocked :O. I know its a lot more powerful then the Xbox one s but that is so quite compare to it :O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

In fairness though it's only a handful of games that it happens on and only happens every few minutes. I use a headset most of the time i'm gaming so it's not really an issue. I'd be more alarmed with how hot the Pro gets even after a short amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Coming from a launch day PS4 to the pro i don't find it that loud at all.
    Infact it seems to be the disk physically spinning that causes most of the noise seems to be spinning faster than it ever did in the PS4 (even though i'm pretty sure its the same Bluray drive in both)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Bit the bullet and ordered one of these. Should be here Monday but unfortunately I'm away until Wednesday, are there any recommendations for best Pro experience? I've heard FIFA 4K update is great, have BF1, any other games worth picking up to wow me?

Bit the bullet and ordered one of these. Should be here Monday but unfortunately I'm away until Wednesday, are there any recommendations for best Pro experience? I've heard FIFA 4K update is great, have BF1, any other games worth picking up to wow me?

Titanfall, rise of the tomb raider, COD, uncharted 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

From what I've heard Rise of the Tomb Raider is the game which has the best Pro update and shows off what the console can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hitman and Shadow Of Mordor look cracking on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Picked up uncharted in the 12 days sale. Blown away with how it looks especially on the new TV . Hoping for tomb raider to come up in the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

weiland79 wrote: »
    Picked up uncharted in the 12 days sale. Blown away with how it looks especially on the new TV . Hoping for tomb raider to come up in the sale.

Sadly it was the 1st game on the sale but fingers crossed it might come up again at the end of the sale for a day or something and you can buy it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Tomb Raider was on the PSN Black Friday and 12 days sale, be amazed if it come up again.

• Advertisement

I got Tomb Raider in Argos a while back, 37 quid...

It'll come up again in January i'll bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Final Fantasy XV looks sweet on the Pro. Really sharp on my 1080p tv as it's rendered in 1800p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sadly it was the 1st game on the sale but fingers crossed it might come up again at the end of the sale for a day or something and you can buy it then.

Ragin. I'll have to check argos.

Started Titanfall 2 last night but there was no extra graphical options (game looked stunning by the way) i'm assuming it automatically uses supersampling etc when it detects a 1080p screen from the main settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

jones wrote: »
    Started Titanfall 2 last night but there was no extra graphical options (game looked stunning by the way) i'm assuming it automatically uses supersampling etc when it detects a 1080p screen from the main settings?

It automatically adjusts. I still have both machines and there really is a noticeable difference between the pro and standard PS. Rather irritatingly your campaign progress isn't saved in the cloud. I'm sure that CODs from a few years back (maybe MW2) had this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Any word yet if the Division is getting a PS4 Pro update.

Any word yet if the Division is getting a PS4 Pro update.

It won't, it's a multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It won't, it's a multiplayer game.

It will, 20 December will recive update

It will, 20 December will recive update

Thought multiplayer games cannot get a Pro update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They can. Just not to increase framerate or do anything to give Pro users an unfair advantage. But general graphical upgrades are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Battlefield 1 did..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just never really thought of the Division as a hardcore multiplayer shooter so I assumed it would get a PS4 Pro update.

I am playing the free weekend of the Division on PC and it looks amazing. The pro version should give the game a decent lift in the graphics department.

Yeah it will just give it a graphical update and maybe stabilise the framerate..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 did..

The game targets 60 and doesn't hit it consistently on a standard PS4, it's only fair that it's a bit slicker on the Pro IMO....

I would say that... :P

It's not necessarily an advantage, I played last night on a standard PS4 in the sitting room and I'm just as bad at the game... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    The game targets 60 and doesn't hit it consistently on a standard PS4, it's only fair that it's a bit slicker on the Pro IMO....

I would say that... :P

It's not necessarily an advantage, I played last night on a standard PS4 in the sitting room and I'm just as bad at the game... :)

oh me too, still get murdered just as badly,just with slicker visuals and smooth 60fps!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads do the graphics at 1080p upgrade automatically on the pro or do you have to change settings for each game?

Lads do the graphics at 1080p upgrade automatically on the pro or do you have to change settings for each game?

Once 1080p is selected you are good to go, some games like Shadow Of Mordor, Tomb Raider have preferred options, frame rate over graphics etc so choose which suits you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This sounds like a jet engine playing uncharted 4, is that normal?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    This sounds like a jet engine playing uncharted 4, is that normal?

Mine is more of a high pitched whine to be fair...

It's a Pro enabled game, you will find it gets a bit louder in certain titles that have Pro features, I noticed Uncharted did seem to put it through its paces more than even Battlefield 1...

Advertisement