Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

RasTa wrote: »
    This sounds like a jet engine playing uncharted 4, is that normal?

It varies from game to game I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

sugarman wrote: »
    Looking at getting a new 4k TV in the sales here....

I have a launch model PS4... Is it worth upgrading the PS4 to a pro?
    Well I'm blown away with the graphical upgrade from my new TV and pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am the same I am blown away with the Ps4 on my 10 bit 4k HDR panel. The upgrade is nuts and the difference in the picture quality is crazy I do wonder how did we used to play on crt tvs years OK?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What games takes advantage of the pros power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

The Rise of the Tomb Raider is probably regarded as the title that makes the most of the Pro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What games takes advantage of the pros power

Don't know how definitive this list is as I didn't do anything other than put "PS4 pro games" into a browser and clicked first link that mentioned games:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-ps4-pro-game-that-is-and-isnt-getting-an-upg/1100-6443385/

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

sugarman wrote: »
    Looking at getting a new 4k TV in the sales here....

I have a launch model PS4... Is it worth upgrading the PS4 to a pro?

Which tv age you looking at? The pro and a new tv would go hand in hand. Streaming and playing 4k content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

RasTa wrote: »
    This sounds like a jet engine playing uncharted 4, is that normal?

Dunno if it is normal or not but I got Uncharted 4 from Santa yesterday and the Pro seems very loud when I'm playing it. I thought it was because it was a disc game and the other games Ive played on the pro so far have been digital.

But maybe it is UC4 itself that is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Dunno if it is normal or not but I got Uncharted 4 from Santa yesterday and the Pro seems very loud when I'm playing it. I thought it was because it was a disc game and the other games Ive played on the pro so far have been digital.

But maybe it is UC4 itself that is causing the problem.

A bit like the launch PS4 a lot of them will sound like a jet engine taking off on certain games, I was amazed when I went from launch PS4 to 1200CH model earlier this year All games were so silent compared to the Launch. I suppose it's one of the joys of becoming an early adaptor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A bit like the launch PS4 a lot of them will sound like a jet engine taking off on certain games, I was amazed when I went from launch PS4 to 1200CH model earlier this year All games were so silent compared to the Launch. I suppose it's one of the joys of becoming an early adaptor!

I went from a launch model to a 1200CH last year and a Pro this year and I find the Pro not as noisy as the launch model but about as noisy as the 1200CH SKU...

Uncharted does seem to be loud on any of them, my missus is playing Tomb Raider at the moment in 4K and it's virtually silent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am the same I am blown away with the Ps4 on my 10 bit 4k HDR panel. The upgrade is nuts and the difference in the picture quality is crazy I do wonder how did we used to play on crt tvs years OK?.

Which TV did you go with after the LG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My copy is digital, it's stopped doing it now and only happened once and I was downloading stuff in the background when playing so that might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Good CRT were better than LCD for a long while and still are in certain aspects; true blacks and capable of changing resolution without any interpolation as with LCD when not using it's native resolution.

Which TV did you go with after the LG?

Panasonic 58dx802b it'd crazy good. And the thing is huge compare to the 49 inch LG.

I think was only 80 euros for the 58 inch over the 50 inch in soundstore so I said why not to getting one that big ;).

Stop when 8k comes out I be getting a 75 inch at that stage ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Hello,

So I'm about to make my first dip into this generation of consoles. Should I go for the pro or the slim?

I don't have a 4K TV and i might be tempted by VR if it takes off. Aside from that, is it much different?

Broad question I know, but I'm literally just starting to research this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you can afford it I'd go for the Pro, looking at Argos its 80Euro in the difference.

A) it'll future proof you if you do decide to upgrade your TV or go for VR.

But, I have been reading that some games seem very noisy on the pro with the disc spinning, no idea how many or how badly. I currently have an original with a 2Tb hdd I put in, but were I to need a replacement I think I'd go for the pro over the slim myself.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Hello,

So I'm about to make my first dip into this generation of consoles. Should I go for the pro or the slim?

I don't have a 4K TV and i might be tempted by VR if it takes off. Aside from that, is it much different?

Broad question I know, but I'm literally just starting to research this.

Thanks

Question now what is your budget?.

As being honest I have had a lunch day Ps4 and upgraded to the pro the day it came out and there is a huge difference between the two of them.

Not only does the pro give you more FPS on loads of games in single player it also supports a higher resolution. In the long run the pro is a better buy due to the fact you be future proofing yourself just in case you do get a 4k TV down the line. Mark my word once you see 4k in action on a Ps4 pro you will won't right away.

Also the vr does run better on the Ps4 pro due to it haveing more power. I had a vr I sold it after a month as it gives me bad eye strain if I use for longer then 30 mins. The joys of sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day ha.

But if you have the money spend the 400 euros on the PS4 pro you won't be sorry it's a fantasic console

Money isn't an issue. Pro it is, I guess! ☺

Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Saipanne wrote: »
    Yay

Happy Pro-ing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Has anyone had any issues with your pro crashing, Haven't managed a multiplayer game of driveclub vr yet without the thing completely hanging. Every other game so far has worked fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Has anyone had any issues with your pro crashing, Haven't managed a multiplayer game of driveclub vr yet without the thing completely hanging. Every other game so far has worked fine though

Nope, might be the game! Worth checking if there are any updates available for it (option button, check for updates).

If not, try deleting and re-installing the game.

My pro has been a lot more stable then the older lunch day Ps4 that used to crash all the time.

But with software it will never work 100% it's next to impossible it will only work 99.99% of the time it's the 0.01% that will be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Nope, might be the game! Worth checking if there are any updates available for it (option button, check for updates).

If not, try deleting and re-installing the game.

Yes I will try it again this evening and then if it crashes again will re-install the game. Would it be worth rebuilding the databases in the safe mode menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Had the pro on 11 hours straight on monday and it was whisper quiet - playing Tomb Raider downloaded from PSN so no spinning disk noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone got any solutions for keeping the Pro cool?
    I've a silly Ikea unit so not enough space for a vertical stand. My last PS4 was reversed so the vents were facing outwards, but with the new power cable on the pro being prone to coming out I've had to leave it side facing out and so it's still getting very hot.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone put a huge HDD into this machine?

Got a pro on Saturday gone, but the PS4 that I was transferring over already had a full 1TB HDD.
    Immediately, my new pro has no space, so I need a new drive.

Any recommendations? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone put a huge HDD into this machine?

Got a pro on Saturday gone, but the PS4 that I was transferring over already had a full 1TB HDD.
    Immediately, my new pro has no space, so I need a new drive.

Any recommendations? :D
    You might find this video useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

You might find this video useful.

i actually put that exact one in my pro highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is the highest capacity a 9.5mm 2.5 inch HDD at the moment 2tb?
    I see 3tb seagate's that are 11mm and 4tb ones that are 15mm.

2tb is fine of course, just gotta watch out for a cheap one now :)

Advertisement