Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a idea of how much the PS4 4 Pro with a trade in of a PS4 in Gamestop would be? Can't find anything on their site .

PS4 base is worth either 130 or 170 trade in at Gamestop now, I forget which.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cheers chief . €170 would be nice .

Rang up Gamestop today and they are only offering €100 for a trade in for a PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Huh, it was 130 or 170 not so long ago. Seems kinda low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Huh, it was 130 or 170 not so long ago. Seems kinda low.

CEX is giving €137 cash for the PS4.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB002

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

You'll get the most money for it on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have my White PS Pro Pre-ordered for 6th September.

Looking forward to getting stuck into TLOU (1st time), UC4, HZD and such then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I have my White PS Pro Pre-ordered for 6th September.

Looking forward to getting stuck into TLOU (1st time), UC4, HZD and such then :)

82f47cf6a0eed3a1160d63d293e30ec6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I took the plunge myself last Sunday, ordered the Pro through littlewoods, arrived just before i left for work this morning! Can't wait to get home and finally be able to utilise my 4K tv! And a good bit early for the first DLC in Horizon, so it'll be fun playing through that again in 4K (ish).

Anything anyone can tell me about what to be careful of, settings, etc? I'll be transferring from my PS4 to the Pro this evening, hopefully it doesn't take too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Anything anyone can tell me about what to be careful of, settings, etc? I'll be transferring from my PS4 to the Pro this evening, hopefully it doesn't take too long!

enable boost mode in settings its off by default

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

found it pretty easy to set up. then watched youtube to get the best settings for my particular tv. played it all weekend. when I left the house it was like real life had turned to black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yurt! Finished work at 10, cannae wait to get into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Hey!

I'm primarily on Xbox. Have a One S and have a pre-order down on a One X

I have a PS4 Slim exclusively for the (sweet, sweet) exclusives.

I'm considering upgrading to a Pro. Was in Gamestop the other day and they said they'd give me €200 off the Pro with a trade in.

Would you say it would be worth it? Bearing in mind I'll never be playing multiplats with it. Do the exclusives get Pro support?

I've a 49" Samsung KS7000 (4k HDR)

Churs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Hey!

I'm primarily on Xbox. Have a One S and have a pre-order down on a One X

I have a PS4 Slim exclusively for the (sweet, sweet) exclusives.

I'm considering upgrading to a Pro. Was in Gamestop the other day and they said they'd give me €200 off the Pro with a trade in.

Would you say it would be worth it? Bearing in mind I'll never be playing multiplats with it. Do the exclusives get Pro support?

I've a 49" Samsung KS7000 (4k HDR)

Churs

Everything has to have a pro mode now, what they offer varies but the exclusive and first/second party games would have a lot of effort on their pro mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Varik wrote: »
    Everything has to have a pro mode now, what they offer varies but the exclusive and first/second party games would have a lot of effort on their pro mode.
    Excellent, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is it worth picking up a pro even tho I don't have a 4k tv. I don't need it but when has that ever stopped somebody buying new tech.

I suspect it's not a major difference from the launch machine on a hd screen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

CptMackey wrote: »
    Is it worth picking up a pro even tho I don't have a 4k tv. I don't need it but when has that ever stopped somebody buying new tech.

I suspect it's not a major difference from the launch machine on a hd screen
    Many PS4 Pro patched games utilise downsampling for 1080p displays, while others may also re-route the additional power on the Pro for greater performance compared to the base PS4. Boost Mode in the settings also allows many non-Pro patched games to run slightly better as well by overclocking it's additional resources; but in those instances the improvements are often times marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does everyone here tend to prop their Pro up on little feet (if horizontal, I use discs mainly) to try keep it cooler? It runs a little hot sometimes.

Does everyone here tend to prop their Pro up on little feet (if horizontal, I use discs mainly) to try keep it cooler? It runs a little hot sometimes.

Won't help for keeping it cool, but propped up on specifically little rubber feet will make it much quieter.

I took some from the bottom of an old phone, they were still sticky so went on really easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Picked these up in lidl ages ago...:D

there's a bit of overhang but the cables help anchor it so it's not going anywhere. the chrome finish even matched my tv unit too.
    7892be7ea68ce57587335c7b6cd5eaf95fe894e7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Toying with the idea of getting a PS Pro for some future release, recently bought a 4k TV so might pull the trigger this side of Christmas.

Just checked CEX, €140 cash for a PS4 isnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know if my 2 tb internal hard drive from my ps4 would need to be formatted to work on the ps4 Pro as an external?

I'm thinking yes, but hoping, no :D

Its an external hard drive that I put into the ps4 a while back.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know if my 2 tb internal hard drive from my ps4 would need to be formatted to work on the ps4 Pro as an external?

Thanks

I'm thinking Yes, because it would contain a bootable sector for the OS, which an external wouldn't need.

In theory, the software could be written to ignore that, if it's on a USB drive, but in practice, I haven't a clue :P

amadablam wrote: »

Thanks

Internal drives are encrypted to the console they were used with.

Do you still have both consoles, you can copy over ethernet which is so much faster than backing up and restoring and allows you to select which content is copied.

You could copy 1TB of data from the PS4 to the PROs internal 1TB, so you've only to download at most half again.

Got what I think is a smashing deal in Gamestop today. Traded in my old PS4 and got nearly €190 store credit for it. Then got the PS4 Pro, FIFA 18 and NHL for €300 cash. Should have been about €340 cash or so but got NHL for €39.99 and it was brand new and the latest one too.

Over the moon with my purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got what I think is a smashing deal in Gamestop today. Traded in my old PS4 and got nearly €190 store credit for it. Then got the PS4 Pro, FIFA 18 and NHL for €300 cash. Should have been about €340 cash or so but got NHL for €39.99 and it was brand new and the latest one too.

Over the moon with my purchases.

So you paid €300 + €190 in trade in and got a Pro, FIFA and NHL?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So you paid €300 + €190 in trade in and got a Pro, FIFA and NHL?

Yep that’s correct. NHL should have been €70 and the PS4 Pro and FIFA bundle was €440 so should have been €510 altogether. Also a couple of weeks ago I was only quoted €100 for the trade in of the old PS4 and today I got it traded in for €190. Happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yep that’s correct. NHL should have been €70 and the PS4 Pro and FIFA bundle was €440 so should have been €510 altogether. Also a couple of weeks ago I was only quoted €100 for the trade in of the old PS4 and today I got it traded in for €190. Happy camper

About €450 to buy from Amazon so not to bad. Saves you the hassle of selling your old PS4 privately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I went up to Level 3 today with Gamestop. While I was there I asked about trading a slim in against the Pro
    €210 credit against the slim
    10% extra with Level 3 loyalty card
    Bring in any old game and get an extra €10 on the trade in.

Would cost me €160 to change, which doesn't sound too bad, especially for GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    About €450 to buy from Amazon so not to bad. Saves you the hassle of selling your old PS4 privately.

Is that the best deal at the moment?

Im tempted by the PS4 Pro Destiny 2 bundle , I think it has the season pass and id probably sell the game as Im playing on Xbone.

€449 in GS with Fifa as well which is probably worth trading

Advertisement