Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    Is that the best deal at the moment?

Im tempted by the PS4 Pro Destiny 2 bundle , I think it has the season pass and id probably sell the game as Im playing on Xbone.

€449 in GS with Fifa as well which is probably worth trading

The Pro and FIFA bundle is £349 on Amazon. You could get €50 selling FIFA I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

playing TLOU on the Pro and HDR TV this morning and it's amazing. Not sure if I'm saying this right but the draw distance is much better. At the start when you're running with Sarah I couldn't make out what was on in the cinema and now it's as clear as day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    playing TLOU on the Pro and HDR TV this morning and it's amazing. Not sure if I'm saying this right but the draw distance is much better. At the start when you're running with Sarah I couldn't make out what was on in the cinema and now it's as clear as day
    Fcuk that army kid for killing her.
    Right in the feels

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Witcher 3 got a pro update today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can I ask you other pro users, does your Pro get very hot? I mean, I can't hold my hand on the back half of the top of my console for too long. It's in the same position as the regular 4 which didn't have any heating problems.

Doesn't appear to matter if i'm using an installed game or disc game. Happens for me on nearly every game i play, NBA2K16, CoD: IW, Just Cause 3, Dying Light to name a few.

Also, and this one is really strange: I only really notice it playing IW, but I can be in the lobby, countdown finishes. Screen goes black, I can hear the fan spinning. The second any image comes up (ie: the loading screen) and there's sound, I can hear an audible buzz coming from the front left of the console. Goes away when the screen is dark/no picture and no sound. I'll try and get a video of it later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can I ask you other pro users, does your Pro get very hot? I mean, I can't hold my hand on the back half of the top of my console for too long. It's in the same position as the regular 4 which didn't have any heating problems.

Doesn't appear to matter if i'm using an installed game or disc game. Happens for me on nearly every game i play, NBA2K16, CoD: IW, Just Cause 3, Dying Light to name a few.

Also, and this one is really strange: I only really notice it playing IW, but I can be in the lobby, countdown finishes. Screen goes black, I can hear the fan spinning. The second any image comes up (ie: the loading screen) and there's sound, I can hear an audible buzz coming from the front left of the console. Goes away when the screen is dark/no picture and no sound. I'll try and get a video of it later...

That sounds weird alright, mine does get hot and I play a lot of IW, when it goes from the lobby into a match the only noise I get is coming from the controller built in speaker it’s a bit distorted but I don’t get any buzzing from the console itself

I'll get a video tonight and throw it up here. Bad thing is it's through Littlewoods, so if i've to return it, it will suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mine also gets hot depending on the game so I now use a set of small fans which have helped hugely. As to the noise and image that's just dodgy as hell.

Here's the noise. Doesn't need sound coming from the tv. From menu into MP. You'll need to turn the sound up a good bit!

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had few PC games run at unlocked framerates on menus, and since they're not doing much and nothing is bottlenecking the game it runs at very high frame rate maxing out the GPU.

But the fans wouldn't kick in and out quickly as it does for you so my money is on the hard drive if it's happening a lot during loading. Remember all games are installed on the drive, nothing is run off disk just installed from it and checked again for licences.

If you've got a spare external HDD move a game that has the issue on to that and see if there's still a noise form the PS4, you don't need to redownload or anything just move it on the

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Pro and FIFA bundle is £349 on Amazon. You could get €50 selling FIFA I'd guess.

I am only seeing this bundle for £380? Which is ~€425 and that is in line with Smyths, GameStop etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Ultimate-Icons-Player/dp/B074PVN3W9/

Is there any cheaper deals for the PS4 Pro currently? Is it worth waiting until Black Friday?

sphinx501 wrote: »
    I am only seeing this bundle for £380? Which is ~€425 and that is in line with Smyths, GameStop etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Ultimate-Icons-Player/dp/B074PVN3W9/

Is there any cheaper deals for the PS4 Pro currently? Is it worth waiting until Black Friday?

I'm not sure. I had just seen the other price about two weeks ago and stuck it up here.

From Argos: PS4 Pro Black 1TB with FIFA 18 Bundle & Fallout 4 free - €350 - flog (the digital) Fifa 18 for €50+ as there's some packs or something. Grand 1Tb Pro console then for around €300!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

From Argos: PS4 Pro Black 1TB with FIFA 18 Bundle & Fallout 4 free - €350 - flog (the digital) Fifa 18 for €50+ as there's some packs or something. Grand 1Tb Pro console then for around €300!

Think your thinking of the Xbox one here as the bundle copy on that are digital while ps4 stuff is hard copy.

Think your thinking of the Xbox one here as the bundle copy on that are digital while ps4 stuff is hard copy.

Indeed, you are correct! Even easier to sell then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is there any good deals on the Pro going? I lent mine to someone and I don't think its coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is there any good deals on the Pro going? I lent mine to someone and I don't think its coming back.

:eek: I'd be knocking down the door, not on it, to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi all.

I'm picking up a used PS4 Pro on adverts and wondered if there's a preferred 2 terabyte external hard drive out there that I can buy as extra storage...

I assume the extra storage with sit beside the internal storage and work together

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sticker wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm picking up a used PS4 Pro on adverts and wondered if there's a preferred 2 terabyte external hard drive out there that I can buy as extra storage...

I assume the extra storage with sit beside the internal storage and work together

Thanks

https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/consumer/play/game-drive-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Quick question ....Thinking of upgrading my old PS4 to a pro , I have a seagate 2 tb hard drive in my old ps4 could I transfer this over to the new pro and then take the one in the pro and put it into my old PS4 and trade it into CEX

Because I was looking at the PRO bundle in Argos with Fifa and I have Fifa already so I could possibly trade my PS4 and Fifa 18 back into CEX and get nearly 200 back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Quick question ....Thinking of upgrading my old PS4 to a pro , I have a seagate 2 tb hard drive in my old ps4 could I transfer this over to the new pro and then take the one in the pro and put it into my old PS4 and trade it into CEX

Yes.

Because I was looking at the PRO bundle in Argos with Fifa and I have Fifa already so I could possibly trade my PS4 and Fifa 18 back into CEX and get nearly 200 back

You'd need another HDD to transfer as the HDD are encrypted to the PS4 they're used in, once you put a HDD in a new PS4 it need to be wiped to use.

Basically you'd be transferring the data and when you swap the HDD you'd have nothing as it'd wipe both PS4s, so you need another HDD to keep any data.

Do you have the old HDD from the PS4 likely a 500GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No I had a 1 TB launch PS4 I've searched hi and low for the old one and can't seem to find it anywhere unfortuneatly

No I had a 1 TB launch PS4 I've searched hi and low for the old one and can't seem to find it anywhere unfortuneatly

Without a 3rd HDD you won't be able to swap them and keep the info, if you've got a spare external drive you can move a few games to that and then move them back (not a back up) to save a few GB download but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Was thinking of maybe upgrading to a pro if there are any black friday deals going?

Can anyone who is upgraded give me their verdict if its worth the upgrade?

I recently bought an lg 4k tv and have a two year old ps4 with a 2tb hardrive I put in, just feel am not getting the best out of my 4k or is the difference negligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I currently have a ps4 pro but I'm thinking of upgrading to the Xbox one x

Is anybody else planning on doing this or is there probably not enough a spec increase to do so?

Personally I've been very disappointed with the pro as can see zero difference to when I had the ps4

Thoughts?

I currently have a ps4 pro but I'm thinking of upgrading to the Xbox one x

Is anybody else planning on doing this or is there probably not enough a spec increase to do so?

Personally I've been very disappointed with the pro as can see zero difference to when I had the ps4

Thoughts?

Theres a much larger jump from PS4 to One X than PS4 to Pro, but at the end of the day it depends on the developers.

Have a look at a few of the Digital Foundry videos and you can see quite a bit of difference between the Pro and X, especially in Rise of The Tomb Raider and Shadow Of War.

I'm in a lucky situation that I have the One S, PS4, Switch on the way and X pre-ordered.

The X will be for exclusives and multi platform games, the PS4 for the exclusives I'm interested in and the Switch for exclusives and the "hybrid" option.

GameStop are doing a 50% trade in bonus against the X. So my One S is worth €140+50%. If your trading in your Pro I'd expect you to get at least €300 off the X and probably a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Theres a much larger jump from PS4 to One X than PS4 to Pro, but at the end of the day it depends on the developers.

Have a look at a few of the Digital Foundry videos and you can see quite a bit of difference between the Pro and X, especially in Rise of The Tomb Raider and Shadow Of War.

I'm in a lucky situation that I have the One S, PS4, Switch on the way and X pre-ordered.

The X will be for exclusives and multi platform games, the PS4 for the exclusives I'm interested in and the Switch for exclusives and the "hybrid" option.

GameStop are doing a 50% trade in bonus against the X. So my One S is worth €140+50%. If your trading in your Pro I'd expect you to get at least €300 off the X and probably a bit more.

Is that 50% trade in bonus open to everyone or just certain 'levels' on their rewards system?

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    Is thats 50% trade in bonus open to everyone or just certain 'levels' on their rewards system?

Everyone. If your a level 3 member you get an extra 5% I think.

Advertisement