Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm getting the x as well as a present to myself.

I'll use it for exclusives and multi platform single player games.

The PS 4 will be my main still as more exclusive games and better multiplayer as I've more friends on psn.

Imo I'd be stupid to not by the one x out of some weird Sony fanboy loyalty. as I can afford to have both I will.

Hopefully pushes sony on for next gen as well it's all win win really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'm getting the x as well as a present to myself..

Your worth it :D

emmetkenny wrote:
    Your worth it

I'm glad you've finally come round to my way of thinking, theres hope for you yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Pre ordered it for next week

Ps4 pro trade in is 330!

Pre ordered it for next week

Ps4 pro trade in is 330!

€170 is a great price for the X. Have GameStop told you you'll definitely get one at launch?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    €170 is a great price for the X. Have GameStop told you you'll definitely get one at launch?

Yes, one shop said Feb 18 but the other confirmed it

I just asked because I saw this on the website

emmetkenny wrote:

I'd never put too much trust in games too either to be honest.

Seen a woman in last week in the one in xxxx(location) , she preordered a switch( I think, definitely a Nintendo product anyway)
    She asked a few times would they definitely have it for Xmas the guy behind counter said oh yeah 100% etc.

So she leaves and girl behind counter goes "isn't there a list of people already waiting, how many before her on list"

He checks goes 26 ahead of her.

Girl goes we won't have enough in time, aw well it's xxxxx(persons name) problem when she goes mental xmas week.

They both laugh...

Lesson is never trust gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I almost always leave gamestop wondering why I went in. Last week was passing one thought, you know what I'll check to see if they have a preowned Zodiac Age FF12. It's a 10 year old remastered PS2 game, how much could a second hand ten year old game be? €54.49, that's, how much.
    Went through several stages of disbelief and left.

• Advertisement

I'd never put too much trust in games too either to be honest.

Seen a woman in last week in the one in xxxx(location) , she preordered a switch( I think, definitely a Nintendo product anyway)
    She asked a few times would they definitely have it for Xmas the guy behind counter said oh yeah 100% etc.

So she leaves and girl behind counter goes "isn't there a list of people already waiting, how many before her on list"

He checks goes 26 ahead of her.

Girl goes we won't have enough in time, aw well it's xxxxx(persons name) problem when she goes mental xmas week.

They both laugh...

Lesson is never trust gamestop.

I don't tend to get much in GameStop but I did pick up a VOG Titan in there a few weeks ago.

Im like a kid on Christmas here waiting on my Switch and X :pac:

If it comes on time great
    If not, not a disaster, I won't cry (much)

Was anyone else disappointed with the pro? I think it was a sham overall. Literally no difference, majority of games playing at same fps as ps4. Very very minor to zero difference in the 4k enhancement.

I was thinking of maybe resisting switching to Xbox x but with the pro I don't see what they can really do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got the Pro but at the same time got a HDR TV so the upgrade on some games was very noticeable particularly I felt with the likes of Battlefield, TLOU and Borderlands.
    The launch PS4 is perfectly fine and could understand people being disappointed but at the same time it didn't cost a fortune. I wanted one mainly for the extra HD space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Was anyone else disappointed with the pro? I think it was a sham overall. Literally no difference, majority of games playing at same fps as ps4. Very very minor to zero difference in the 4k enhancement.

I was thinking of maybe resisting switching to Xbox x but with the pro I don't see what they can really do with it.

I have the PSVR so any boost at all was welcome from the PRO but in terms of flat gaming I do think it was a massive disappointment, mind you I only have a 4k tv that doesnt support HDR.

I have a 4k ultra HD but really I need hdr support? I'm a little clueless tbh

I have a 4k ultra HD but really I need hdr support? I'm a little clueless tbh

Yeah you really do need a hdr TV to take advantage of the Pro.
    Also some games are better than others.

I'm getting an Xbox x as reviews indicate it's a big shift upwards in performance, but you can't really blame the pro for being underwhelming when your using a basic flatscreen on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Okay so I have a launch ps4 with a 2 tb hardrive installed and I just got a 1tb ps4 pro how can I for a lack of a better term swap them over ...i don't have the old hdd from my launch ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I find quite big upgrade on the pro over the ps4.

I upgraded as my contolrer was f.ucked and wonted a bigger hd and I had a reason to use my fancy HDR 4k ha.

Games do look way better in hdr over say 4k with out it. Rise of the tomb raider was the only ps4 pro game I was rightly disappointed in as it was only a res boast and no HDR. But knack 2 of all games looked epic in HDR so did rachet and clank was like playing a CGI cartoon.

The one x I am going to get and if the boast is even better then the pro I am going to be extremely happy.

With 4k HDR and the likes it all down to the tv you have my 1st 4k tv was a lg that cost me 1100 euros and it was shocking and broke after a year I got refunded after small claims court for it.

Bought the high end Panasonic DX802 58 inch my god the upgrade was something else the picture looked 4 times better then then LG and even my girlfirend who can't tell the diff even said huge over lg

Yeah you really do need a hdr TV to take advantage of the Pro.
    Also some games are better than others.

I'm getting an Xbox x as reviews indicate it's a big shift upwards in performance, but you can't really blame the pro for being underwhelming when your using a basic flatscreen on it.

I thought a 4k screen with 2160 or whatever was the goof tvs?

Also Ive watched a lot of ps pro YouTube comparisons, most couldn't tell the difference was general consensus. Im not bashing the pro as I like PlayStation just feel if they had delivered better, wouldn't feel the need to switch to the Xbox x

• Advertisement

Also Ive watched a lot of ps pro YouTube comparisons, most couldn't tell the difference was general consensus. Im not bashing the pro as I like PlayStation just feel if they had delivered better, wouldn't feel the need to switch to the Xbox x

Have a look at Digital Foundry YouTube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's honestly the HDR that makes the biggest difference in how the games look. A proper HDR10 tv really makes the games pop. The difference between 1080p and 4K isn't going to be hugely noticeable to the majority of people.

The Pro/X will find more benefit in being able to maintain better framerates and general performance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Since the graphics seem to be your no. 1 priority, no point in getting an xbox one x unless you have a decent tv to see the benefits.

Upgrade your tv to an hdr 10 bit panel(8+2 if price is a concern), but yoou really need to get a 10 bit panel.

You will only get as good an upgrade in graphics as your tv will allow.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Since the graphics seem to be your no. 1 priority, no point in getting an xbox one x unless you have a decent tv to see the benefits.

Upgrade your tv to an hdr 10 bit panel(8+2 if price is a concern), but yoou really need to get a 10 bit panel.

You will only get as good an upgrade in graphics as your tv will allow.

Have a Panasonic, same as the other poster but 48

Not just graphics I'm bothered about but that is of course important to me, if not I'd play a master system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not disappointed with my Pro at all, I especially see the difference if I'm playing a "normal" PS4 in someone else's house, lol

I am not interested in the One X at the moment, if it had exclusive titles and not just the usual Halo, Forza, Gears etc I probably would be all over it, just at the moment there is nothing there for me

It will be better than the Pro for graphics obviously but graphics don't mean shìt if there is no games to actually play on it...

When MS start punching out the likes of TLOU, Uncharted, GoW, Infamous and Gran Turismo it may pull me back, but for now I have little interest in it...

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm not disappointed with my Pro at all, I especially see the difference if I'm playing a "normal" PS4 in someone else's house, lol

I am not interested in the One X at the moment, if it had exclusive titles and not just the usual Halo, Forza, Gears etc I probably would be all over it, just at the moment there is nothing there for me

It will be better than the Pro for graphics obviously but graphics don't mean shìt if there is no games to actually play on it...

When MS start punching out the likes of TLOU, Uncharted, GoW, Infamous and Gran Turismo it may pull me back, but for now I have little interest in it...

Good points. I only played tlou last month, didn't think it would appeal to me but it was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have a Panasonic, same as the other poster but 48

Not just graphics I'm bothered about but that is of course important to me, if not I'd play a master system.

But what model ?. As the cheap ones are not Panasonic you have to spend 1200 + for it to be a Panasonic.

My own one is a 10bit and yes you can tell the diff. As it's all down to the tv as well. My tv even makes a 720p game look epic ha.

I paid 1200 on sale the same tv full price was nearly 1800 with out the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can't decide whether to go for the Pro or the ordinary PS4.

Buying one this Xmas for young son. I can see it being used mainly for Minecraft, FIFA and some other kids games like the Lego ones etc. I'm not a gamer, last time I played a computer game was on the Atari ST. But I am kinda intrigued about the VR headset and would love to have one..I think I might get some interest again if they are good.

So not sure if there is any point spending the money on the Pro for the kids, or else just buy the standard PS4?

At present I don't have a 4K TV, but one is imminent.

NIMAN wrote:
    Buying one this Xmas for young son. I can see it being used mainly for Minecraft, FIFA and some other kids games like the Lego ones etc. I'm not a gamer, last time I played a computer game was on the Atari ST. But I am kinda intrigued about the VR headset and would love to have one..I think I might get some interest again if they are good.

NIMAN wrote:

NIMAN wrote:
    So not sure if there is any point spending the money on the Pro for the kids, or else just buy the standard PS4?

NIMAN wrote:

On the gaming side it sounds like a regular PS4 would be perfect.

If you are going to use the vr then the Pro is the way to go.

If your only considering vr stick to the regular or slim PS4.

Also make sure your 4k TV supports hdr!!!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

Has he asked for a PlayStation? What does his friends have? If his friends have an Xbox I'd get the Xbox. If his friends have the PlayStation then go PlayStation.

I would just go for the PS4 Slim over the Pro though.

Advertisement