Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has he asked for a PlayStation? What does his friends have? If his friends have an Xbox I'd get the Xbox. If his friends have the PlayStation then go PlayStation.

I would just go for the PS4 Slim over the Pro though.

Yep that makes sense about what his friends are playing on but skip the Slim and get the Regular PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep that makes sense about what his friends are playing on but skip the Slim and get the Regular PS4.

I thought the regular one was replaced by the slim?

Scratch the slim so like dudeeile said.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dudeeile wrote: »

No regular is there? Slim and Pro are the choices.
    OP Slim would be fine if it will be mostly for the young lad. If you are going with a 4K TV and thinking of VR, then go Pro. Games definitely look better on it from what I can see.

Good deal on recently in Gamestop for Pro with 3 big games for €449.

Nah the slim is in addition but yet adds nothing and takes away the optical out port, hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has he asked for a PlayStation? What does his friends have? If his friends have an Xbox I'd get the Xbox. If his friends have the PlayStation then go PlayStation.

I would just go for the PS4 Slim over the Pro though.

Yeah he's been asking, and his friends would be PS folk, no-one seems to have an XBox at all, which is a shame cos the XBox appears to be a fair bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

I love my pro and I'm playing it on a Samsung 1080p plasma - top of the range in 2012 but not so much now ha. The pro supersamples all 4k output to 1080p and it really makes a difference for me. Some of the games on the pro look incredible so I can only imagine if I throw HDR into the mix. As others have said I think the big jump isn't the 1080p to 4k its to full HDR.

I was tempted by the X but think i'll sit back for a bit and see how the exclusives go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone get Call of Duty WWII on their Pro? Does the fans ramp up to get speed when in the Headquarters? Mine does and that’s only driving a 27” 1080p gaming monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Anyone get Call of Duty WWII on their Pro? Does the fans ramp up to get speed when in the Headquarters? Mine does and that’s only driving a 27” 1080p gaming monitor!

Yes mine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi there.

I just upgraded to a PS4 Pro and I played hellblade before on my old PS4. I seem to remember seeing PS4 Pro settings in a video menu - however now and when I play hellblade on my PS4 pro I see no additional ps4pro adjustments in any video menu just an option for 60 htz.

Am I missing something something in settings of ps4 Pro? Or does hellblade have no ps4 Pro video setting options? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just got my Pro delivered, wondering what’s the best way to get everything (or at least some of my data) from my old PS4 launch model to this one? I have a Seagate 2TB drive in my older one, so I guess one option is to swap out the drive in the Pro for it but I’m not sure if it’s just as easy as that (do I have to format the 2TB all over again?). I heard the Pro default HDD is Sata 3 though (and I haven’t a clue what that means) so is there a benefit to leaving that in?

Other option which is far easier is to transfer what I want over to the Pro with a LAN cable and cut my losses on the 2TB drive and just deal with less storage space.

Anyone have any advice or is there something else I could do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just got my Pro delivered, wondering what’s the best way to get everything (or at least some of my data) from my old PS4 launch model to this one? I have a Seagate 2TB drive in my older one, so I guess one option is to swap out the drive in the Pro for it but I’m not sure if it’s just as easy as that (do I have to format the 2TB all over again?). I heard the Pro default HDD is Sata 3 though (and I haven’t a clue what that means) so is there a benefit to leaving that in?

Other option which is far easier is to transfer what I want over to the Pro with a LAN cable and cut my losses on the 2TB drive and just deal with less storage space.

Anyone have any advice or is there something else I could do?

As far as I know if you take out the drive from the old ps4 and into the pro it will be reformatted and you will lose every thing. I would go with the transfer by lan cable. Maybe pick up a 1 tb external for the rest

CptMackey wrote: »
    As far as I know if you take out the drive from the old ps4 and into the pro it will be reformatted and you will lose every thing. I would go with the transfer by lan cable. Maybe pick up a 1 tb external for the rest

Thank you, I was thinking along the same lines since I posted that. The Seagate drive I have in the old one will have to come out anyway so I can put the original 500GB back to trade it in, so I wonder if I can use that externally? It’s USB 3.0 but I had to remove it from its casing to fit it into the PS4, and there’s no way the casing is fit to hold it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Thank you, I was thinking along the same lines since I posted that. The Seagate drive I have in the old one will have to come out anyway so I can put the original 500GB back to trade it in, so I wonder if I can use that externally? It’s USB 3.0 but I had to remove it from its casing to fit it into the PS4, and there’s no way the casing is fit to hold it again.

That is my idea aswell reformat the old 2tb and use it as external. After

transferring the data across.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I used an Ethernet cable to transfer mine if you still have both consoles:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/09/how-to-transfer-your-data-from-ps4-to-ps4-pro/

Worked perfectly!

I used an Ethernet cable to transfer mine if you still have both consoles:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/09/how-to-transfer-your-data-from-ps4-to-ps4-pro/

Worked perfectly!

That’s how I did it in the end, worked perfectly and let me activate the new console as primary for all my accounts. Had a 2TB drive in my old one so I put the original back in and got a nice chunk for it in CEX. Going to use the 2TB as external storage for the Pro now, if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What data do you actually swap across? I reinstalled the games individually on the Pro, the game saves were very small files that were just pulled down from the PS+ Cloud (not a real cloud). The only ones that took some time were ones that were Digital or DLC heavy like Destiny 1. Didn't take long and could just carry on from where I left of on the PS4.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What data do you actually swap across?

You can copy everything, complete game installs being the big one but profiles, game saves and settings on top, it works a treat.

god-of-war-ps4-pro.jpg

Leaked a bit early, but if its a unique design and not just a standard black pro I'll trade my white pro in for it.

I’d say it’s unlikely to be a special edition console due to how it’s worded.

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB plus God of War.

You never know though, a GOW themed console would look great I’d imagine.

According to a bigger image its described as "limited edition" which sounds vaguely hopeful.

• Advertisement

Apparently Gamestop will give 300 for the pro trade in, plus 10% odd for level 3 loyalty, means I'd have a minimum to pay off for the GOW Pro... tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks is there any other way to copy my 2tb games from my PS4 to a PS Pro without having to have both consoles at the same time?

Im trading one console against the other and may not have the option of having both at the same time but I will have the hard drive.

I'm optimistically posting as I don't know if it's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

From recollection I just installed the games on the Pro and downloaded the game saves or data from the cloud. It didn't take too long other than Destiny which had a stupid amount of DLC. Was then able to pick up the games on the PS Pro from where I had left off on the PS4. Battlefield/Horizon Zero Dawn/Destiny/Borderlands 2 etc. Haven't had to turn my PS4 on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks is there any other way to copy my 2tb games from my PS4 to a PS Pro without having to have both consoles at the same time?

Im trading one console against the other and may not have the option of having both at the same time but I will have the hard drive.

I'm optimistically posting as I don't know if it's possible?

No, not without a third hard drive to copy to.

The internal hard drives are encrypted to the console they were used on, so you can't remove one and put it in another with the data intact.

Best option is to use an external hard drive on the old PS4, but don't back up the system and instead set it up to be used as an external storage by the PS4 and move the games you want to that.

You can use more than one hard at a time this way if you don't have one big enough to hold all 2TB of games and you can be selective if you don't need everything copied. You then need to move the games back to the Pros internal drive.

Varik wrote: »
    No, not without a third hard drive to copy to.

The internal hard drives are encrypted to the console they were used on, so you can't remove one and put it in another with the data intact.

Best option is to use an external hard drive on the old PS4, but don't back up the system and instead set it up to be used as an external storage by the PS4 and move the games you want to that.

You can use more than one hard at a time this way if you don't have one big enough to hold all 2TB of games and you can be selective if you don't need everything copied. You then need to move the games back to the Pros internal drive.

That's a workable solution for me so as I have a spare 2tb I think and I can move some games to that before trading in the ps4.

q0vUszQ.jpg

Delighted to have upgraded. :)

Anyone know what the value of destiny 2 and season pass is?

I already have it on Xbox.

It's real!

39945385974_6c7964b0f8_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That looks like tacky $hit tbh

I like it. Maybe not enough to trade my current Pro in for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is that the GoW pack?

Looks like a **** tattoo from 2009 on a console tbh...

Advertisement