Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought the design was strange but just saw on Twitter that it's actually the design of Kratos' axe

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/971292684693458944

Still doesn't look fantastic, but easier to see what they were going for rather than just plastering the face of it with rune symbols for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sure it will be better when/if there's an explanation of the runes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Now that I see it's the axe I think it looks good.

Anyone know what you'd get for a trade in against another pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Varik wrote: »
    Now that I see it's the axe I think it looks good.

Anyone know what you'd get for a trade in against another pro.

The current value is 300, if you trade in against a pre order, you get 25% extra, so 375. Include the cost of the game in that, you're only paying 45 odd to get the GOW Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

The current value is 300, if you trade in against a pre order, you get 25% extra, so 375. Include the cost of the game in that, you're only paying 45 odd to get the GOW Pro.

any idea how long that trade value is for? by any chance

• Advertisement

any idea how long that trade value is for? by any chance

I don't. I'm gonna do mine this week probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm kinda tempted :o

Let us know how you get on :)

In Gamestop today and my 6 week old pro, with level 3 boosts, hardware boost, is giving 275 credit and the previous offer is over for about a week or so.

They are expecting the GOW console to come in at 449 though.

amadablam wrote: »
    In Gamestop today and my 6 week old pro, with level 3 boosts, hardware boost, is giving 275 credit and the previous offer is over for about a week or so.

They are expecting the GOW console to come in at 449 though.

It’s on the GameStop website for 469.99 though. And it should be 300 for the console, plus 25% for a preorder. I asked in GameStop Henry street only this morning this fact.

It’s on the GameStop website for 469.99 though. And it should be 300 for the console, plus 25% for a preorder. I asked in GameStop Henry street only this morning this fact.

Price on the website is only a holding price according to the manager in limerick and he is on the ball normally. He said they had no actual confirmation of price and expected it to be a little less. He was just back from a few days holiday and planned on availing of the previous offer but it's over.

He rang another store and confirmed. Price without the pre order boost was 225 or something ridiculous and he said it will likely drop.

As usual, no consistency on information but let me know how you get on. I definitely wasn't going to trade my console in at that price point.

• Advertisement

If thats true, I'll either wait till the price is back, or sell it privately. **** 265 thats a rip off.

If thats true, I'll either wait till the price is back, or sell it privately. **** 265 thats a rip off.

Yeah, Im the same. He expected that the trade in on the Pro could drop to 200 :o

but he also said that there might be an 'incentivised' offer depending on the offer they (GS) get as GOW being a Sony exclusive, they might bump up the offer to move more SE consoles.

with all the uncertainty in the conversation, its worth waiting unless you get the offer you mentioned.

Edit: the boost for pre orders no longer applies to hardware..............apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Penn wrote: »
    I thought the design was strange but just saw on Twitter that it's actually the design of Kratos' axe

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/971292684693458944

Still doesn't look fantastic, but easier to see what they were going for rather than just plastering the face of it with rune symbols for no reason.
    All I see is a big old sky remote control.

Awful looking.

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    All I see is a big old sky remote control.

Awful looking.

Why did you say that? :eek::eek::eek: Now thats all I can see :D:D

Anyone put a decent quality skin on their Ps4 Pro?

Any recommendation on supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm getting very frequent ce-34878-0 error codes cause Monster Hunter World to blue-screen crash.

I'm using the default 1TB drive that came with the pro and I've deleted and reinstalled the game.
    I've had this happen a handful of times with Destiny 2 and Bloodborne, but with MHW recently its a handful of times an evening and it's frequency is increasing.

Any advice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm getting very frequent ce-34878-0 error codes cause Monster Hunter World to blue-screen crash.

I'm using the default 1TB drive that came with the pro and I've deleted and reinstalled the game.
    I've had this happen a handful of times with Destiny 2 and Bloodborne, but with MHW recently its a handful of times an evening and it's frequency is increasing.

Any advice?

Time to call the priest :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is there anything to be said for having another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Any advice?

It looks like you'll have to reformat the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Easy enough fix, was a common enough error on launch.

You need to back up your data saves etc and then re-initalize the ps4.

That should fix the error, was the official advice I got for my og ps4 and it worked so worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any advice?

I had that on my old stock 500gb HD and BF4 on my OG PS4, not the Pro, it only went away when I put an 1TB SSHD drive in it, I'd say back up all your stuff and reformat unfortunately...

Has anyone upgraded their Pro with an SSD? Noticed any improvements? The HDD in my Pro makes noises, so I need to replace it. Don't know if I should fork out for a 1Tb SSD or get another 1Tb HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Has anyone upgraded their Pro with an SSD? Noticed any improvements? The HDD in my Pro makes noises, so I need to replace it. Don't know if I should fork out for a 1Tb SSD or get another 1Tb HDD.

I replaced the standard HDD in my pro to the Seagate 2tb Firecuda. The main reason was space with the 1tb i was constantly deleting games etc. I like the seagate but its definitely noiser (it makes this ticking noise when its searching) and i have also noticed it can stall for a few seconds everything freezes and then it comes back again. Not sure if i got a slightly dodgy one. I defragged the ps4 database yesterday so i'm hoping that may solve it

F1yLHvE.jpg

Can't see to find these T&C's.

Can't see to find these T&C's.

Not sure about the T&C's, but that to mean means it's €470 on it's own, so trade in a PS4 and 2 games, and you'll get it for €235... Doesn't seem that good to me.

T&C's on the GOW ps Pro trade in deal Gamestop

Trade your PS Pro and any two PlayStation 4 games with a trade in value and you pay €70 for the SE console and game.

€10 deposit and you don't have to trade your console in until the week of release and potentially up to a week after the release when you are collecting the new one, but this has to be confirmed.

Just passing on the good news. I paid my deposit today. :)

EDIT: Just saw your post above, i was on my phone screen and through t the graphic was an advert :o

€70 is a lot better! Tempting even! I wonder would they be ok with bringing in the console, using ethernet to transfer over everything to the new console, then perform factory reset? The game is gonna be €70 anyway, so why not get a new console with new warranty on top!

€70 is a lot better! Tempting even! I wonder would they be ok with bringing in the console, using ethernet to transfer over everything to the new console, then perform factory reset? The game is gonna be €70 anyway, so why not get a new console with new warranty on top!

Yeah it's a no brainer even though my console is only 8 weeks old. But I had the game on pre order anyway so no real expense.

I doubt they would let you do that as, depending on how many games you have, it could take a while and I think they just test and wipe.

I took one of my external drives and formatted it for the ps Pro and put all games on that in anticipation of this deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is there a list of games up for that trade in, what would be cheapest to buy for the sole purpose of trading in with the offer.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Is there a list of games up for that trade in, what would be cheapest to buy for the sole purpose of trading in with the offer.

no list but its the usual story with Gamestop and he said Any Game that scans on their system with a trade in value, will be accepted.

So I checked a copy of Driveclub which will trade at €2 and he said thats fine as long as there are no duplicates.

Advertisement