Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might do this so, will be in with them during the week and see what games I can buy to use with it.

Anyone know if you can pay your deposit and trade the games in then show up nearer release with the console or does the whole trade in have to be at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Varik wrote: »
    Might do this so, will be in with them during the week and see what games I can buy to use with it.

Anyone know if you can pay your deposit and trade the games in then show up nearer release with the console or does the whole trade in have to be at the same time.

Its in my post about the console dude but the games are the same. you don't have to bring anything in other than your €10 euro deposit and you trade the games and console together when your new one is in stock.

Great deal. :)

I checked in the Galway store and they said that it was 50% off the cost of the bundle so that if you traded in two games and a console you pay 235 euro.

I checked in the Galway store and they said that it was 50% off the cost of the bundle so that if you traded in two games and a console you pay 235 euro.

I'd say someone has it incorrect but the manager in the limerick store hasn't been wrong on any of the previous, convoluted, offers so I'm sticking with the offer I paid my deposit for and I owe €60 plus my console and games on collection.

I'll update my post once I go to collect it...... Or not. :D

Reminds me of the Xbox One X offers all over again and the LE controller offers..........................no consistency from each store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

amadablam wrote: »
    I'd say someone has it incorrect but the manager in the limerick store hasn't been wrong on any of the previous, convoluted, offers so I'm sticking with the offer I paid my deposit for and I owe €60 plus my console and games on collection.

It seems to be 2 different offers being discussed.

amadablam is saying you trade in a PS4 Pro + 2 games and you get a standard PS4 + GOW for €70 - I can't find that offer online.

The other offer is trade in any PS4(Pro or srandard) + 2 games and get a GOW PS4 Pro + game + GOW controller for €235.

https://www.gamestop.ie/ps4-console-bundles

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

amadablam is saying you trade in a PS4 Pro + 2 games and you get a standard PS4 + GOW for €70 - I can't find that offer online.

The other offer is trade in any PS4(Pro or srandard) + 2 games and get a GOW PS4 Pro + game + GOW controller for €235.

Rang them there and the first person said that there was no offer, that Gamestop were not giving away a new console and a game for "your old PlayStation and some games". I asked to speak with another person and they said, "bring in you 500GB launch console and it'll cost 70".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Reminds me of the Xbox One X offers all over again and the LE controller offers..........................no consistency from each store.

Which Limerick store was that, I'd rather wander in and not have to explain their deal to them. Was going to go see Ready player one so was planning to try crescent at the same time.

So from what Darko said is it any PS4 for the Deal or just the Pro now?

F1ngers wrote: »

Went in on my Lunch break to clear this once and for all for anyone thinking of the offer.

Im not saying that you get a standard PS4 + GOW for €70 and apologies if my post read that way. I said SE console +70 as I thought the SE was only on the Pro??

The offer is on the DAILY deal sheet that each store receives from HQ and he showed it to me so I read it for myself and I am 100% satisfied that the offer is real and valid.

If your local store does NOT read their daily deals, they wont know about it as its not on the website and may be pulled at any time also.

Also, some staff neglect to read their daily offers......

Quote directly from the material I read and photographed (I'm not posting it) : "This offer will NOT be ADVERTISED and will be an up sell only at store level"

Offer is your PS PRO 1TB + 2 games with a trade in value for the LE PS Pro GOW console and €69.99 (not the €70)

€10 deposit in store as I previously have said.

Ive mine sorted but to anyone with questions, just ring the Limerick store in William Street and ask for C.J. instead of constantly asking them here and you will get a faster answer at least.

The offer on their website is not the same offer, obviously.

*any use of the word 'you' is directed at no one in particular :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

jones wrote: »
    I replaced the standard HDD in my pro to the Seagate 2tb Firecuda. The main reason was space with the 1tb i was constantly deleting games etc. I like the seagate but its definitely noiser (it makes this ticking noise when its searching) and i have also noticed it can stall for a few seconds everything freezes and then it comes back again. Not sure if i got a slightly dodgy one. I defragged the ps4 database yesterday so i'm hoping that may solve it

Just to update on this. I noticed a lot of small delays and a lot of clicking noise from my 2tb Firecuda so got a replacement from amazon and installed it and its silent and working perfectly. Only problem is my dodgy HDD couldn't back up my data i kept getting an error so i have to re-download everything from the PS Store which is taking DAYS!!! 24 games worth.

Highly recommend the firecude for Pro/OG ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone know what gamestop offer for a ps4 500gb when upgrading for a ps4 pro?

• Advertisement

So checked in Galway store, one lad informed me that he was not aware of any offer at all and did he think that they were stupid to be offering a trade-in like I was suggesting. A second said that the trade in deals were for Xbox only and then a third said that there were multiple offers but that they would not be aware of them till the day before launch. I decided to give up and will just buy the Pro in Smyths where at least I know the staff are competent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So checked in Galway store, one lad informed me that he was not aware of any offer at all and did he think that they were stupid to be offering a trade-in like I was suggesting. A second said that the trade in deals were for Xbox only and then a third said that there were multiple offers but that they would not be aware of them till the day before launch. I decided to give up and will just buy the Pro in Smyths where at least I know the staff are competent.

Consumerism in action. I'll sometimes pay more as I don't want to support bad practice or bs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone know what the two cheapest games Gamestop will take in in trade are?

Anyone know what the two cheapest games Gamestop will take in in trade are?

Not even gamestop can give you that answer. The games have to scan at the till and the value is set on the system. Drive club scans at €2 if that's any help. Just bring in a bunch of old games or pick up a few in store and they will scan them for you but they have to be scanned on the day to see if they are worth anything for the offer as the values fluctuate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Not even gamestop can give you that answer. The games have to scan at the till and the value is set on the system. Drive club scans at €2 if that's any help. Just bring in a bunch of old games or pick up a few in store and they will scan them for you but they have to be scanned on the day to see if they are worth anything for the offer as the values fluctuate

Yeah I don't have anything I particularly want to trade in at the moment so I'll be picking up something cheap from them or maybe CEX.

Yeah I don't have anything I particularly want to trade in at the moment so I'll be picking up something cheap from them or maybe CEX.

They will let you scan the cheaper 2nd hand games in store as well. Very helpful in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

235 seems a bit steep, been looking to upgrade for awhile now but think I might just go with the standard Pro. God of war is cheaper off the store anyway. Anyone know the trade in value of a standard 500gb PS4? Gamestop here in laoise say it varies and to come in and see but I don't want to haul it down there to be told 100 quid store credit or something stupid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Raekwondo wrote: »
    235 seems a bit steep, been looking to upgrade for awhile now but think I might just go with the standard Pro. God of war is cheaper off the store anyway. Anyone know the trade in value of a standard 500gb PS4? Gamestop here in laoise say it varies and to come in and see but I don't want to haul it down there to be told 100 quid store credit or something stupid :D

If you have all the original packaging, leads, etc then I think its roughly €175 depending on if you have their loyalty card. They also want the original HD in it, in case you upgraded the space yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you have all the original packaging, leads, etc then I think its roughly €175 depending on if you have their loyalty card. They also want the original HD in it, in case you upgraded the space yourself.

That's actually not too bad. Might trade in my 3DS on top of that and get it cheap. Backlog of games I've been waiting to get a Pro for.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Where's the best (cheapest) place to buy a PS4 Pro? I'm in England, if that gives me better options, but will be back in Ireland in a month.

I have nothing to trade in. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Went in on my Lunch break to clear this once and for all for anyone thinking of the offer.

Im not saying that you get a standard PS4 + GOW for €70 and apologies if my post read that way. I said SE console +70 as I thought the SE was only on the Pro??

The offer is on the DAILY deal sheet that each store receives from HQ and he showed it to me so I read it for myself and I am 100% satisfied that the offer is real and valid.

If your local store does NOT read their daily deals, they wont know about it as its not on the website and may be pulled at any time also.

Also, some staff neglect to read their daily offers......

Quote directly from the material I read and photographed (I'm not posting it) : "This offer will NOT be ADVERTISED and will be an up sell only at store level"

Offer is your PS PRO 1TB + 2 games with a trade in value for the LE PS Pro GOW console and €69.99 (not the €70)

€10 deposit in store as I previously have said.

Ive mine sorted but to anyone with questions, just ring the Limerick store in William Street and ask for C.J. instead of constantly asking them here and you will get a faster answer at least.

The offer on their website is not the same offer, obviously.

*any use of the word 'you' is directed at no one in particular :D

Just a quick update for lads thinking of this Gamestop offer.

I traded my console and games today and paid off the balance on the GOW console
      • 1 PS Pro Console traded
      • One copy of Drive Club Traded
      • One copy of Until Dawn Traded
      • Balance of €69.99 paid

PS PRO God of War SE Console and Game paid for in FULL by the above

The offer is now for ANY PS 4 game to trade in which is why I put in the two above,

If anyone has any questions, ring your local store for the details.

The more you add to these posts, the more questions they seem to generate :D so if your local store doesnt know about the offer, go to a different store.

William Street Limerick Gamestop, ask for Mike or CJ and they will help you

Roll on next week :D Reviews look fantastic :D

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks man. Can you tell me where you got the two games for cheap please?

2. Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks man. Can you tell me where you got the two games for cheap please?

Had them sitting at home on the shelf dude but if you go to CEX or even gamestop and pick up two cheap games you should be fine.

3. Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Very tempted by this offer. Prob worth the 235 with the og ps4. Will have to see next Friday

4. Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm tempted as well, but i'd have to buy games to trade in as i'm mostly digital these days. I'm raging cos I just traded in FC5 on xbox one for cash and spent it on absolute ****e. Only thing putting me off is I don't like the look of the console itself.

5. Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Went to turn on my PS4 yesterday in preperation for God of War. It wouldn't turn on and its dead. So decided to bite the bullet and get a pro. Only half my games transferred over via cloud saves. Lost all my horizon zero dawn and persona progress. Devastated.

6. Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

CrazyFish wrote: »
      Went to turn on my PS4 yesterday in preperation for God of War. It wouldn't turn on and its dead. So decided to bite the bullet and get a pro. Only half my games transferred over via cloud saves. Lost all my horizon zero dawn and persona progress. Devastated.

Could you try putting the hard drive from the broken PS4 into the new machine?

7. Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Won't work. Drive will be synced with new PS4 and auto formatted...

8. Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

CrazyFish wrote: »

Probably internal psu might be worth fixing just to get your save games back.

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Have my old ps ready to bring into gamestop in the morning to trade it in. What do i need to have with it.

Console
      Power cable
      Controller
      Usb cable ?
      Hdmi cable?

Thanks

Advertisement