Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

If I had my PS4s hdmi connection repaired by a lad in a Chinese shop, gamestop or cex won't take it will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If I had my PS4s hdmi connection repaired by a lad in a Chinese shop, gamestop or cex won't take it will they?

Doubt it, they generally have a policy on consoles where the warranty labels have been removed, which they likely have been if the console's been opened up and repaired as they hide important screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In fairness, when I brought my OG PS4 in to Gamestop the guy wouldn't take it as the HD had been changed and it "voided the warranty" I had to explain to him that being able to change the PS4 HD was a feature, which he then checked with the manager, and agreed to take it once the original drive was put in. Basically, the staff aren't overly technical so you might get away with it if you say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got my GOW Pro setup. I have to say, it looks a bit tacky. It's nowhere near the quality look and effort that the Darth Vader console was. The game included is just the day one version with a few extra shields and a dynamic theme. I honestly thought that the game would at least be the deluxe version of the game.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I got my GOW Pro setup. I have to say, it looks a bit tacky. It's nowhere near the quality look and effort that the Darth Vader console was. The game included is just the day one version with a few extra shields and a dynamic theme. I honestly thought that the game would at least be the deluxe version of the game.

Meh.

That's disappointing on the overall finish of the console :(

I haven't opened mine yet but I had been told it was only the standard version of the game and some digital dlc so I didn't expect too much.

Im happy enough though as, for the price of the game and my ps Pro console, I have a new console and fresh warranty for very little cost.

You could always go against the grain and skin it in black or something too.

Looking forward to playing the game over the weekend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The bit that's meant to be the hilt of the axe looks like a Move controller... Kinda glad I hadn't held off waiting for this version, got my black pro a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I had no problem selling my PS4 to CEX despite having taken it apart mutiple times for cleaning. I even mentioned it to them that the warranty stickers were gone and they said it wasn't an issue and that once it's tested and it works they can buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

GOW is great so far lads. One issue I'm having though is it's hurting my eyes playing in on a 4K tv. It's like there's too much going on onscreen and it strains my eyes. I just got my eyes tested and have 20/20 vision so not sure what's going on. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My eyes hurt but I think it's because I'm playing it too much. It's sensory overload though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I had no problem selling my PS4 to CEX despite having taken it apart mutiple times for cleaning. I even mentioned it to them that the warranty stickers were gone and they said it wasn't an issue and that once it's tested and it works they can buy it

My ps4 was refused because the warranty stickers were gone and even though it worked perfectly said they wouldn't accept it under any circumstances once the stickers were removed. Must just depend on if you get lucky with which staff member you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No warranty stickers? AliExpress has got you covered
    http://s.aliexpress.com/YnuMbEf2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone having an issue with the fans on the GoW Pro? Have a fairly persistent rattle like something is blocking it within the console and the fans themselves and kick into full power within about 10 minutes of turning on. Very distracting while trying to play.
    GOW is great so far lads. One issue I'm having though is it's hurting my eyes playing in on a 4K tv. It's like there's too much going on onscreen and it strains my eyes. I just got my eyes tested and have 20/20 vision so not sure what's going on. Anyone else experience this?

Same, playing it on performance mode (1080p) and I find my eyes strain a bit while playing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any idea if this is likely to get a price drop at E3?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any idea if this is likely to get a price drop at E3?

More than likely it’ll drop €50.

Usually they’ve good deals around E3, so hang on until then.

Looking to pick one up myself as the Xbox just won’t cut it for the exclusives

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's all about sales numbers, they're not going to drop unless they're slowing.

Shops might have good deals as they try to profit off the buzz around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Varik wrote: »
    It's all about sales numbers, they're not going to drop unless they're slowing.

Shops might have good deals as they try to profit off the buzz around that time.

Tbh I’d be happy with GoW Pro bundle for €400.

The Pro bundles have been so poor comparative to the Far Cry 5 One X bundle I picked up in Argos for €500 a few weeks ago. Even the slim gets great bundles!

That’s always the sting of a successful console, Sony doesn’t feel the need to push as hard for sales.
    I remember the PS3 always had a game or two included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Tbh I’d be happy with GoW Pro bundle for €400.

The Pro bundles have been so poor comparative to the Far Cry 5 One X bundle I picked up in Argos for €500 a few weeks ago. Even the slim gets great bundles!

That’s always the sting of a successful console, Sony doesn’t feel the need to push as hard for sales.
    I remember the PS3 always had a game or two included in the price.

If I remember correctly I got a PS4 pro in the black friday amazon sale for 300 pounds which included fifa 18 and cod ww2.

Went on to sell my older ps4 privately for 140 euro. so didn't work out that much to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No warranty stickers? AliExpress has got you covered
    http://s.aliexpress.com/YnuMbEf2

Shnakey huers... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Lads anyone else getting extremely loud fans/heat generation with their new pro? Sounds like a jet taking off in my room when I'm playing GoW.

Lads anyone else getting extremely loud fans/heat generation with their new pro? Sounds like a jet taking off in my room when I'm playing GoW.

Mine is very quite, its still fugly though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have the Monster Hunter one and have no issues, it is the same CUH-7116B model as the GoW one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've the standard Pro and it does sound like a jet at times, mainly if I'm on the map screen. Test it yourself, go onto the map screen, it'll take off, tab left or right and it slows down. It does not like that map! Cool map though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've the standard Pro and it does sound like a jet at times, mainly if I'm on the map screen. Test it yourself, go onto the map screen, it'll take off, tab left or right and it slows down. It does not like that map! Cool map though.

Mine was the same with the Horizon map too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yergrand

mine was the same with certain things in the witcher 3. i bought mine last month so I guess it's a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lads, just having serious hassle setting up the pro I just bought - it won't connect to the Wi-Fi Network and it's saying the WPA password might not be correct even though it is. Getting an write message of NW-31297-2. Any suggestions? It worked initially for a while but not it's giving me nothing. Restarted my server and restarted the PS4 I don't know how many times. Very frustrating.

Lads, just having serious hassle setting up the pro I just bought - it won't connect to the Wi-Fi Network and it's saying the WPA password might not be correct even though it is. Getting an write message of NW-31297-2. Any suggestions? It worked initially for a while but not it's giving me nothing. Restarted my server and restarted the PS4 I don't know how many times. Very frustrating.

Can you try a lan cable to get it going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've just booted up Fallout 4 on my new Pro and I cannot believe the difference it's made.
    I'm gonna have to get a 4k tv next to really see what's up.

Can you try a lan cable to get it going ?

Got a lan cable - it's working okay with that but can't get any connection at all with wifi - I'm even having trouble connecting to the wifi network itself. Anyone else have the same problem or do I have a Pro with a dodgy wifi adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What router do you have?

Mines connected via lan but ill try connect it via wifi when i get home from work in the morning.

Id hate to find out a year down the line that the wifi never worked on it and i hadnt checked!

• Advertisement

It's a standard Vodafone Router. Maybe two or three years old. I'm going to ring Vodafone support tomorrow to see if there's something on that end.

Advertisement