Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's a standard Vodafone Router. Maybe two or three years old. I'm going to ring Vodafone support tomorrow to see if there's something on that end.

Yeah try hardwire it until you get the first raft of updates done and try go from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah try hardwire it until you get the first raft of updates done and try go from there...

The Pro came with 5.55 on it so it's completely up to date. Was on to Vodafone yesterday and it didn't make any difference. There seemed to be a few people having similar issues from what I can gather from the support fella I was chatting to. Going to just pick up some passthrough powerline adapters next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can you lower or disable the NAT level? My router went strange for a week where it blocked chat audio until I disabled NAT, but it fixed itself.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can you lower or disable the NAT level? My router went strange for a week where it blocked chat audio until I disabled NAT, but it fixed itself.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't know how to do that and I'd be loath to do anything that might bring down the internet in the house - the phone and tv are run through it so everything would go down. I would be a tad unpopular with the missus and the kids if that was to happen. I'll just use the LAN cable I've borrowed to download games in the evening until I get the adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll be honest, I wouldn't know how to do that and I'd be loath to do anything that might bring down the internet in the house - the phone and tv are run through it so everything would go down. I would be a tad unpopular with the missus and the kids if that was to happen. I'll just use the LAN cable I've borrowed to download games in the evening until I get the adapters.

Did you try hotspot your phone to eliminate any problem with the machine itself, one thing I do notice is the Pro WiFi eats the old PS4 one, I had my pro in my mates on Friday and was getting triple the WiFi speed my friend got on his standard PS4 when we ran speed test from same room...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you try hotspot your phone to eliminate any problem with the machine itself, one thing I do notice is the Pro WiFi eats the old PS4 one, I had my pro in my mates on Friday and was getting triple the WiFi speed my friend got on his standard PS4 when we ran speed test from same room...

I was having no problem with my Old PS4 on the wifi at all and when I started up the Pro, the wifi was working, albeit not with crazy speeds or anything. I'll try the hotspot later. There's a thing I've read on the Sony website about a firewall or other security measures being a potential problem. I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

How much roughly do you think a PS4 would be worth in trade in value? I got mine a few months back and I kinda regret it. I'd rather trade it in than sell in on Done Deal or somewhere cos it's much easier, but not if it's only gonna be peanuts.

jaxxx wrote: »
    How much roughly do you think a PS4 would be worth in trade in value? I got mine a few months back and I kinda regret it. I'd rather trade it in than sell in on Done Deal or somewhere cos it's much easier, but not if it's only gonna be peanuts.

Cex have a breakdown of the different prices for the different models on their site.

https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=Playstation%204&view=list&categoryIds=997

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just tried CoD World War II last night for the first time on my new Pro. My God!! After about ten minutes the fan in the machine was going so hard and fast I thought the machine was going to lift off! Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, my Rocket League makes my Pro sound like a 747 taking off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I thought the Pro was supposed to be quieter!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

According to Darko its inaudible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In fairness the weather is very hot right now. Is there adequate space around it for ventilation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Went back to playing The Witcher 3 this week and my pro sounds like a jet engine too. It's pretty well ventilated and other games don't have this issue but the Witcher really makes the fans go crazy.

On that note, I've read different things about The Witcher 3 and PS4 Pro, does anyone know what the optiomal framerate/ HDR settings are and how to change them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

James74 wrote: »
    Yep, my Rocket League makes my Pro sound like a 747 taking off.

Whatever about GOW or HZD but Rocket League shouldn't be doing that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I thought the Pro was supposed to be quieter!?

I have the revised CUH-7100 model and you would not notice any noise coming from it with any game, a friend has the original CUH-7000 and some games do make it sound quite loud at times.

I picked one up at the weekend and I didn't notice any fan noise playing Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Games like Witcher and HZD are going to make it whir a little as will GOW but you try turning off boost mode. I didn't bother myself.
    Playing Witcher on One X doesn't seem as noisy but I'm guessing it's the supersampling and boost mode.

Are you playing on a 4k TV? If you are you could try turning off super sampling and see if you notice any difference.
    HDR mode will run when enabled as long as it detects that your TV is capable of a 4K signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Had started this in the bargains thread but switching to here since that's closed.

Went to Gamestop tallaght last night to trade my PS4 slim + 2 games in for a new Pro (€99 offer).

Just went back into them and was told the console started up fine but my controller wouldn't sync, they tried it with a couple other controllers and none would work, suggested it might be an antenna issue so nothing they could do for me. Staff were sound to be fair but I was a bit miffed as the console was working fine when I dropped it off.

Got back to the office and plugged it in at my desk, booted perfectly first time and the controller synced with no hassles whatsoever, navigated through setup without issue. I've taken a video of it all working and when I rang they said to pop back in no bother, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Had started this in the bargains thread but switching to here since that's closed.

Went to Gamestop tallaght last night to trade my PS4 slim + 2 games in for a new Pro (€99 offer).

Just went back into them and was told the console started up fine but my controller wouldn't sync, they tried it with a couple other controllers and none would work, suggested it might be an antenna issue so nothing they could do for me. Staff were sound to be fair but I was a bit miffed as the console was working fine when I dropped it off.

Got back to the office and plugged it in at my desk, booted perfectly first time and the controller synced with no hassles whatsoever, navigated through setup without issue. I've taken a video of it all working and when I rang they said to pop back in no bother, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this?

Try another Gamestop branch. Who knows what was going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

This is the only one handy to me, so I'm going to swing by after work and wait while they test it (the guy offered to show me on his TV that it wasn't working but I took his word for it). I'm assuming it's some mistake their end and it's definitely my equipment I've gotten back, but if they don't take it this time I'll have to assume something is up.

Edit: Zero hassle this time round, they were all as confused as me but immediately accepted the console no quibbles. Happy out with my new pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Folks - not sure if this is the right thread for this query so apologies if it's not.

I'm trading in my PS4 for a PS4 pro with Gamestop this evening.

Is there anything I need to do to make sure the save points in the games I'm playing will still be there when I switch over to the new console?

Folks - not sure if this is the right thread for this query so apologies if it's not.

Is there anything I need to do to make sure the save points in the games I'm playing will still be there when I switch over to the new console?

If you've PS Plus, you can just make sure they are uploaded to online storage. If not you can download them onto a USB drive - formatted to FAT32 iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cloud save all your game saves.

Blueooth uses a congested frequency band, it overlaps partially with wifi and a host of other radio devices. A home user with a few devices shouldn't have a problem but a shop environment with dozens of controllers and other devices in close proximity can be problematic. Even someone in the staff room using a microwave will ruin the connection quality.

If you've never had a problem then the issue is on their end, i'd take it to another branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Playing a bit of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Looks amazing on a HDR tv I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do any of you PS4 Pro owners hear a ticking/clicking sound coming from your console? I do and I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Do any of you PS4 Pro owners hear a ticking/clicking sound coming from your console? I do and I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from.

Could be the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Wing126 wrote: »
    Could be the hard drive?

The hard drive is fine so I'm putting the clicking sound down to the fan. I notice it most when the fan speeds up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The hard drive is fine so I'm putting the clicking sound down to the fan. I notice it most when the fan speeds up.

If its the fan then I would imagine a cable has moved its way into the path of the fans so I would be very careful with that.

On another note, as soon as gamestop get new stock of the fortnite pro in then Im getting mine :D

Advertisement