Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can take the top of the Pro off without voiding any warranty or breaking anything. Have a look.

For anyone in general if you anything you have is making noise, lift it up and see if that stops it. A lot of the time it's vibrations resonating through whatever you have the device on, I'd this issue until I put some rubber feet on the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Varik wrote: »
    You can take the top of the Pro off without voiding any warranty or breaking anything. Have a look.

For anyone in general if you anything you have is making noise, lift it up and see if that stops it. A lot of the time it's vibrations resonating through whatever you have the device on, I'd this issue until I put some rubber feet on the PS4.

The Pro comes with rubber feet on it, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,079 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It comes with 6 or 8 rubber X, O, ∆ and [].

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Varik wrote: »

I managed to take the top cover off and it required a serious amount of force to take it off. I manually spun the fan and it sounded fine. I'll have to take a closer look at the hard drive next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anywhere in Ireland stock the new limited edition console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anywhere in Ireland stock the new limited edition console?

GameStop and it's already sold out.

Edit:

Smyths had it up for pre-order too but it's sold out with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It comes with 6 or 8 rubber X, O, ∆ and [].

Later ones might now, the first ones were plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Looking for a bit of help here if possible,
    Just traded my PS4 in for a PS4 pro but it wont connect via the Lan cable only wifi
    Keeps asking me to connect a Lan cable, which is plugged in
    The Lan cable was working fine this morning on the old PS4 and have checked it on something else and works fine
    When I Google it, there seems to be issues with connecting with Lan cable but no answers or fixes
    Anybody here have the same problem or an answer/fix ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just traded my PS4 in for a PS4 pro but it wont connect via the Lan cable only wifi
    The Lan cable was working fine this morning on the old PS4 and have checked it on something else and works fine
    When I Google it, there seems to be issues with connecting with Lan cable but no answers or fixes

I had the opposite problem in that I wanted to connect to the wifi because the modem was in another room and it would only connect with the LAN. Ended up having to buy powerline adapters.

Do your update first via WiFi and then try the ethernet port and see how you get on...

• Advertisement

I'm on my third PS4 Pro, two refurbs and one brand new one, all updated to version 6.0 and none will connect on the Lan cable !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm on my third PS4 Pro, two refurbs and one brand new one, all updated to version 6.0 and none will connect on the Lan cable !!!

Just in case....you have to set up a new connection for lan cable, it doesn't automatically detect and switch from wifi.

I find the wifi connection is pretty strong on my machine, similar speeds to powerline but still down on full lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Apart from what dudeeile said, is there perhaps something wrong with either the LAN port on your router, or the cables your using? Do you have anything else using LAN?

3 machines in a row having that issue is exceptionally odd.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Just in case....you have to set up a new connection for lan cable, it doesn't automatically detect and switch from wifi.

I find the wifi connection is pretty strong on my machine, similar speeds to powerline but still down on full lan.

Bang on man, you have to go to connection settings to set this up first...

Thanks guys for the help, turns out there was a problem with my Lan cable
    For some reason it works with everything else I connect it to but not the PS4 pro
    Went and bought a new Lan cable today, all set up now and working great
    I find no difference in gameplay between WIFI and Lan but downloading games and DLC is much faster on Lan

Advertisement