Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely high estimate on one bill caused Low Usage Standing Charge on the next

Options
  • 11-08-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

My April to Jun bill this year was based on an estimate usage of 453 units. I gave an actual reading in time for my next bill - 26 units because it started from the over estimated previous bill. Imagine my surprise when this puts me on the Low Usage Standing Charge and adds €5.25 to my bill?!

I know the Low Usage Standing Charge is targeted at holiday and vacant homes, but that is clearly not the case here. I live in a tiny loft apartment in Dublin, with electric heating only, which makes my winter electricity bill a good bit higher than summer. I would have to have left my home vacant for about 60 days out of the 63 days covered in my last bill and that is just ridiculous.

Can I get the last two bills re-issued with the correct spread of usage to correct this error?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

In order for us to look into this matter fully for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name as it appears on your Electric Ireland account
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into your query for you.

Should you have any additional queries in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

This has been sorted, thank you for your help. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Mark,

You're very welcome.

We're glad to read that this matter has been resolved for you know.

If you have any other queries regarding your Electric Ireland account, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement