Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get sterling?

• 11-08-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Just wondering wherr you would advise getting sterling at the minute? Is it best to get it before I go or just withdraw cash from an atm when I get there?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just wondering wherr you would advise getting sterling at the minute? Is it best to get it before I go or just withdraw cash from an atm when I get there?

Thank you

If you're not aware of it yet, check out the Revolut app. Big thread about it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

If you're not aware of it yet, check out the Revolut app. Big thread about it on here.

No I've never heard of it but will check it out, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 Revolut the way to go
    Add Euro from your debit card and withdraw in any of the listed countries at great rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭muloc

quick question on revolut with sterling - if I deposit euro to it today can I then convert it to sterling at today's exchange rate or does it calculate exchange rate on the day I use the card in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

muloc wrote: »
    quick question on revolut with sterling - if I deposit euro to it today can I then convert it to sterling at today's exchange rate or does it calculate exchange rate on the day I use the card in the UK?

You can either convert it immediately and maintain a balance in sterling (or USD), your can convert down the line or you can ignore covering, maintain the balance in euro only and when you do to pay, the sterling figure will be converted using the rate at that time and deducted from your Euro balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭muloc

You can either convert it immediately and maintain a balance in sterling (or USD), your can convert down the line or you can ignore covering, maintain the balance in euro only and when you do to pay, the sterling figure will be converted using the rate at that time and deducted from your Euro balance.

cheers...must get one so

Advertisement