Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is 3000km a lot for 2nd hand wheels

Options
  • 11-08-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok looking at some 2nd hand wheels dura ace 9000 c24 and ksyrium sl both with around 3000 and 2 years old.Is a toss up between them or a new set of campy zondas.Any advice guys this is racking my brain.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wheels should last a lot more than 3,000km (probably 10-15k+), if they've been looked after. However if someone's been using them in the hills and there's a lot of brake use who knows

You get a warranty and assurance over condition with a new set (which would be my option, certainly if price is not an issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i put 15000km on a set of Kyrsium Equipes before... and they were still going strong albeit the brake track was getting well wore.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭willdill

Would the zondas be any match for these wheels.there only 330 brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I'd go for the second hand ones, if they look in decent shape (are true, not obvious deeply worn, no rim gouges from smacking into pot holes). Good wheels make a real difference to a bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

3000k is nothing tbh, ive racked up 35000k over last 3 years on largely 2 sets of wheels both lasted fine (though one rear went at the weekend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I've just over 24k on Fulcrums 77 and the bearings have just gone. Rims are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭willdill

Went with the Ksyriums sl guys in great nick tyres still like brand new since day one.cheers for the advice.Now to test these bad boys

Advertisement