Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The majesty of Retro Wave

Options
  • 11-08-2016 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the music forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I got into it after the computer game Blood Dragon, which had an awesome soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Check out 'disasterpeace' or all of 'boards of canada's' back catalogue. Or for a lighter more upbeat sound try 'belbury poly'. I'm sure others on here will recommend many more artists for you to check out.

You're welcome ðŸ˜

Also check out 'Bibio', his first few albums are acoustic 70s 80s 90s, now he's more IDM, hip hop dancy, but well worth a listen, and he's Welsh, so that's cool too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Stranger Things OST is being released in two volumes, the first is coming out tomorrow

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,053 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you guys are into that kind of thing, check out the band Gunship. I haven't been able to stop listening to them.

Few standout tracks are Tech Noir, The Mountain and Black Sun on the Horizon.

Another 80s sound twist for you would be 'Tobacco' he did a tune with Beck about 5 years ago, well worth a listen for a twist of that 80s sound.

Edit: in fact that whole album from tobacco 'Manic Meat' is pretty amazing. Worth a good listen tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Advertisement