Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Idea - Transforming Fastfood Industry

Options
  • 11-08-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have what I believe is an excellent business idea. There is no such business set up in Ireland, UK, America or Australia as far as I am aware.

The thing is the cost to set up such a business is massive and I am not in a position to fund it myself.
    How is the best way to go about looking for private investors does anyone know?

Or any advice with be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What do you consider Massive? Have you any money to put up yourself and the bank may give the rest if the plan is good, money is cheap at the moment you should be able to get finance at 4% or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

There are a lot of angel investors in Ireland that you could try to reach out to depending on the specifics of the business.

I presume you have a compelling business plan completed but if not, get onto that straight away.

Speaking with some people that you trust in that space could also be a good start as if there is really a market, you should have people kicking down your door.

Best of luck with the venture, new start up are great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Make sure you have all your t's crossed and i's dotted.

When things go wrong .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Wouldn't waste your time replying

Another of the famous one post wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bandara wrote: »

How'd you figure that? First timers are really aware of our informal posting format rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm always curious when someone wants to transform the fast food business as they are literally the most streamlined, efficient systems in the world. McDonalds is a cut and paste receipe that works at the granular level. People want terrible food fast, and they deliver on that promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SharonMc

What do you consider Massive? Have you any money to put up yourself and the bank may give the rest if the plan is good, money is cheap at the moment you should be able to get finance at 4% or lower.

Thanks for the comment. I would have a small amount of funds available myself. I suppose borrowing from the Banks is a little daunting but yes I may look into the different options.

There are a lot of angel investors in Ireland that you could try to reach out to depending on the specifics of the business.

I presume you have a compelling business plan completed but if not, get onto that straight away.

Speaking with some people that you trust in that space could also be a good start as if there is really a market, you should have people kicking down your door.

Best of luck with the venture, new start up are great fun!

Hi,

Thanks for the comment!

Startups are fun? More like scary!

Thanks for the advice!

Sharon

Bandara wrote: »

Useful Comments only please.

Buzz kill.

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm always curious when someone wants to transform the fast food business as they are literally the most streamlined, efficient systems in the world. McDonalds is a cut and paste receipe that works at the granular level. People want terrible food fast, and they deliver on that promise.

McDonalds model is the best around agreed.

You just need to think more outside the box I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Ask any futurologists what the only future of large scale fast food is, and they will reply: robotic-automation.

I'd hazard a guess this is what your thinking of (if you aren't then you should be).
    E.g. touch-screen ordering, kiosk tap n' pay, automated delivery and retrieval of orders etc.

Fast food workers will become obsolete before 2030.
    You'd essentially just need one or two people (a food system automation engineer & food-social assistant)
    at the most, to run most large restaurants. Even moped delivery staff will be replaced with drone-age.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ask any futurologists what the only future of large scale fast food is, and they will reply: robotic-automation.

I'd hazard a guess this is what your thinking of (if you aren't then you should be).
    E.g. touch-screen ordering, kiosk tap n' pay, automated delivery and retrieval of orders etc.

Fast food workers will become obsolete before 2030.
    You'd essentially just need one or two people (a food system automation engineer & food-social assistant)
    at the most, to run most large restaurants. Even moped delivery staff will be replaced with drone-age.

They were saying that 20 years ago. I've seen hot food vending machines in the states and never looked busy. I don't think flippin burgers will die any time soon.
    Quality of fast food needs to drastically improve though.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

They were saying that 20 years ago. I've seen hot food vending machines in the states and never looked busy. I don't think flippin burgers will die any time soon.
    Quality of fast food needs to drastically improve though.

Automated ordering kiosks in many french mcdonalds branches normally inside door where you cant miss them but people still go straight to counter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I garentee you whatever idea you have has been tabled at the Board in any of the fast food restaurants. There is no such thing as a novel idea, its purely about execution. The key is not the idea now, its how much the idea will be worth in 2, 5, 10 years time. In a nutshell, how are you going to make money in a manner than no one else has thought about nor will be in a position to very quickly copy. Its great if you have an idea but if you can't execute it with enough capital or its readily copied, its effectively worthless.

If you are half way serious about it, feel free to drop me a PM with an vague outline of the idea and I may have a contact who can help. Without further info, I nor no one else can really point you in the right direction e.g. Do you need an investor who understands food engineering, supply chains in the food market, automation etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Automation is a certainly on the way, Starbucks’ 95,000 baristas will have more & more competition as the years go by from 24/7 bots. Just a question of the 'technique of deployment of these technologies'.

But sure the coffee & food automation experience will still certainly need people present (just not as many), and perhaps with slightly altered roles.

The newer employees may evolve into either on-site front-facing social interaction or virtual business support assistants along with back-of-services robot-engineering site support. There may even be some dedicated start-up business assistants in these 'virtual business coffee hub sectors'.

Worth noting a dedicated floor area or chill space 'void absolutely of any technology or wifi' may well also be part of the new retail mix, GSM/G5 blockers and a 'no selfies' sign could also placed here - and many folks may well seek this environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Sharon

Please PM with a brief outline of your idea so I can assertain what you actually need.

Kind regards Oliver

Advertisement