Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Savings Account - One Half With Credit History

• 11-08-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Myself and my finacee are considering setting up a joint savings account for our wedding. He just just been released from a mortgage that was a long drawn out process. There were arrears on the previous mortgage due to refinancing etc but all is in order now. However, we know from a previous application for car finance that his credit rating has taken a hit as a result. He is slowly building this back up with regular savings etc.

My question is this: would my credit rating be affected as a result of a joint account where one party has a poor credit rating? I dont envisage any future issues as we're very financially secure now but would this account be flagged on a credit check if I needed a loan or car finance in the near future?

Comments

Advertisement