Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boylesports Irish Derby 2016

Options
  • 11-08-2016 12:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Starts tonight

been a quiet enough build up

the shortest antepost fav and a 1/6 fav in a heat where 5 qualify from a tricky draw

Clares Rocket seems to do its best runs fresh at Clonmel and shelbourne it has done generally slower times after a run on or 2 , so a 6 week competition is a different matter .

jaytee jet has the english derby experience , earlier in the year he couldnt get the better of Slippery fred m but then got his game together and was top of the tree . an english and irish derby in the same year would be tough but he is the type that can get trough with a poor run which maybe whats needed.

Droopys roddick has won the international , Kirby Memorial and 2nd in english derby , has been starting slowly in his competitions and i dont expect any different this week .

Ballymac Matt last years winner . hasnt reached the heights this year . if going back to last years form will be up there .

there are a couple of english entries

Roxholme Barkley - His runnings resembles Ross Barkleys Football of late . has lots of talent , but has not been in top form and been running into a lot of argy bargy .

if breaking free at shelbourne this lad could show his true form

Charity Buster - he is a consistant middle runner and has won plenty of races , he is a dog that could go a long way

there has not been much english entries or success in the irish derby in recent Years , last year there was Salacres Francie on his own ,

i have to go back to Kinda ready running well and Westmead Hawk Reaching the final , its strange when you compare Ireland Had 3 in the English Derby Final this Year including the 1st and 2nd ,

Laughill Duke is the Call of a lot of the People who also liked Laughill Blake also

Rte will show the Semi finals and Final Live . there Coverage with the Gaa Men who have Little interest in the sport is Better than nothing , it has moved on a bit in the last year or 2 , but still leaves a bit to be desired, when compared to the Greyhound View Coverage that was Produced By Ian + Michael Fortune etc ,

the Final is on September the 17th and it will be a packed out Track as per usual .

It starts tonight with 9 heats ,

there goes the bell !!! ( he is a runner aswell )

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Clares Rocket Picked up a Niggle in the Champion Stakes Final and it hasnt cleared up and is withdrawn

English Derby is the Long term Plan

Jaytee jet now withdrawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Very open Derby,anyone of 10 can win it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Very open Derby,anyone of 10 can win it I think.

seems to be no interest in the derby at all now, sonic tonight and to win out for me

on rte tonight . if its paudric Lodge commentating and Serena and ger canning i doubt it will generate much interest as there terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'd like to see TG4 show a few rásaí beo arís. ;)

It's been three years since they last did so. The only major difference from RTE's coverage of the time was that Ger Canning wasn't involved - but, of course, that was a Good Thing. ;)

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    on rte tonight . if its paudric Lodge commentating and Serena and ger canning i doubt it will generate much interest as there terrible

I can't understand why they don't get some young blood in to showcase the game. The likes of Kevin Hennessy and Ian Fortune would be great.

Best of luck to all finalists. Great to see 2 bitches in it!

Boylesports Derby Final
    1 HOLYCROSS LEAH
    2 SIDARIAN PEARL
    3 BALLYMAC MATT
    4 SONIC (M)
    5 ESCAPISM (W)
    6 RURAL HAWAII (W)

t1 6/4
    t2 2/1

Hugh Cahill asks Teddy you have 2 the fav . no says teddy 1 have as the fav

asked Serena about the dog and she hadnt a clue

apparently Ballymac as ger Canning calls him fav trap is trap 2 according to Serena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Couldn't watch last night but when Dolores Ruth & Serena were commenting with Ger last year they were superb.

Dolores was there aswell and she was good but what use the rest of them are i Dont know

they had an rte cameraman on the main camera until 9pm yesterday he was crap 2

As I said in post #10, I'd like to see TG4 showing na cúnna arís. ;)

Or, at the very least, RTE getting the Fortunes back on board. Why did they dispense with Ian's and Michael's services, anyway?

As I said in post #10, I'd like to see TG4 showing na cúnna arís. ;)

Or, at the very least, RTE getting the Fortunes back on board. Why did they dispense with Ian's and Michael's services, anyway?

I'd imagine that their commentating commitments might not leave enough time for an extra job. Nothing against Michael, but young people are what we need and I think Ian alongside Kevin Hennessy would be a great team.

Ian could do it easily enough as Micheal was there and Rob Catterson fills in aswell

i watched and done videos last night with track comms as couldnt list to the Paudric Lodge trying to commentate

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Has the makings of being a great final,the 3 best dogs in each semi final got through,great to see matt in 2nd final,hasn't been firing on all cylinders but wouldn't rule him out as maybe the 1 dog will come across and cause interference with the 2 dog and get a good run.6 dog goes wide but is hitting the lids lately,the 5 dog has alround pace and might be close to sonic after the first bent and if he is close there he will be close at the finish.will take a good one to beat sonic but greyhound racing can be funny,the 2 bitches will add to the good night

I'd imagine that their commentating commitments might not leave enough time for an extra job. Nothing against Michael, but young people are what we need and I think Ian alongside Kevin Hennessy would be a great team.

Ger Canning isn't young - and he's also far better at the Gaelic and hurling than he is at any other sport.

So why not replace him with Ian? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

the derby coverage has been a lot of crap and way down on previous years ,is there a reason for this??

barney4001 wrote: »
    the derby coverage has been a lot of crap and way down on previous years ,is there a reason for this??

Yes, there is: RTE simply not being prepared to put in as much effort as they used to (the same can be said of their coverage of the Dublin Horse Show), coupled with the absence of the Fortunes.

That's why I'd like to see TG4 get another go - even if it's entirely as Béarla and hosted by Ian and Michael, as was the case with those few races they showed in 2013. (I suspect that putting together their own team and presenting it mainly as Gaeilge would be more expensive, and of course their buiséad is much smaller than RTE's.) ;)

Yes, there is: RTE simply not being prepared to put in as much effort as they used to (the same can be said of their coverage of the Dublin Horse Show), coupled with the absence of the Fortunes.

That's why I'd like to see TG4 get another go - even if it's entirely as Béarla and hosted by Ian and Michael, as was the case with those few races they showed in 2013. (I suspect that putting together their own team and presenting it mainly as Gaeilge would be more expensive, and of course their buiséad is much smaller than RTE's.) ;)

While I have to respect Michaels knowledge, Ian with another young person would be better. We need to be reaching out to the young people and not just the party goers!

Ill be watching on the igb stream or via sis the same audio etc .

Cant be watching Serena and Pauric Lodge and Hugh 2/1 is fav over 6/4 Cahill , nevermind Ger " Ballymac " Canning

Advertisement