Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIV testing in Dublin

Options
  • 11-08-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks,

Was wondering what's the earliest you can get tested for HIV with pretty accurate results? What type of test?

I am beyond myself with anxiety. The other day I shifted a lad (who I don't assume to be infected he has young kids and I'd imagine looks after himself) not the point anyway... We shifted (kissed) it was light and sensually first and a brief few moments deep mouthed. However after wards I noticed a budding mouth ulcer and the lower side of my tongue at the back of mouth (ulcer are something I always get) it was only a minor one wasn't too sore and had a white layer on top so I'm assuming it wasn't open. I was wondering what's my risk of HIV from this event?? We didn't do anything else .. I read online this is a negligable risk as the mouth is a hostile enviroment and saliva has an enzyme that inhibits spread of HIV and almost kills it off... Then others say it's a big risk. Conflicted info is driving me crazy

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Medical advice is not permitted. You should speak to your doctor about any concerns you might have that would require testing and they can arrange it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement