Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini bus recommendations

Options
  • 11-08-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm organising a stag night in Galway City next month and I was looking for recommendations for local mini bus companies that could drive 14 lads from our hotel to our event and back.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd consider calling some of the bigger taxi companies and asking about two buses from them.. Big O and Galway City Taxis are the first couple of companies that come to mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Or ye could try pro cabs on 565900

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

try Paul Nash claregalway,he has driver,s who would do your run late at night,
    087<Numbers by PM> taxi,s would charge ya any thing ,nash would be doing groups charge..maybe i am biased cos my hubbie works for him,,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've used Paul Nash for a group before, and found them both reasonable and reliable.

The problem with using multiple taxis is that you have to work out who's getting into which one and who's paying, and deal with shyte about why one taxi charged more than the other etc. With a bus, you just push all the lads thru the one door, and charge them all a price per head.

fwiw, I've made a list of other companies here http://www.galwaytransport.info/2015/01/coach-mini-bus-and-other-private-hire.html - but I've not used any of the others myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Thanks everyone for the recommendations :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement