Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just for Fun - Ever had Interference when Competing

Options
  • 11-08-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I came across this today (with a video) Where a four star event rider was chased on course by a loose dog.
    http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/not-acceptable-four-star-rider-chased-dog-gatcombe-586871?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social#s0Yc2IdDD3RfitmY.99

direct link to the video

Made me wonder has anything happened to you while out competing to interfere in anyway? Have you any funny stories to share?

I was out showjumping and had a Cian O'Connor moment when a random shouldn't have been in the arena person decided to run in front of the fence and stand with her back to me when I was on my approach. Of course I let roar and she still stood there looking at me blankly! My fella wasn't stopping, she only moved when he was two strides out. I'd say she got some fright!

It was only a training day out for me so I wasn't too worried about it and joked about it afterwards.

So share your stories! :)

Advertisement