Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai ix35 bulbs keep blowing

• 11-08-2016 2:13pm

Hi,
    I have a 2011 ix35. I have replaced the dims, parking lights bulbs 3 or 4 times this year..something is blowing them..someone to,d me to make sure i have the lights off before i start the engine..while someone else suggested silicone grease on end of bulb and in the connectors, they said ordinary plumbers silicone lub..has anyone come across this before....its becoming expensive to keep replacing all these bulbs..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Check voltage regulator.

Thanks..what exactly maybe wrong with the voltage regulator is the VR for the whole car or are there parts that are specific to the lights..mechanics wont be my thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭blackbox

Where are you buying your bulbs? In my experience, bulbs from discount stores don't last very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you wearing gloves when fitting them? If not try wearing gloves, contact with skin can cause damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Marcc wrote: »
    Thanks..what exactly maybe wrong with the voltage regulator is the VR for the whole car or are there parts that are specific to the lights..mechanics wont be my thing
    It may be knackered.

For the whole car.

Just check voltage on the battery while engine's running - cannot be higher than 14.4V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What's the quality of the bulbs that your are using like? If they are cheap as chips bulbs from the likes of ebay then it's possible they are not up to the job. Maybe try a better brand bulb and see how long they last.

Thanks for advice and tips...i got long life bulbs the last time but only lasted a month and the guy fitting them doesnt touch the bulb..i think it may be the VR as its happening too often to be a coincidence..ill get it checked out and let ye know how i got on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Check the contacts on the connector for the bulb. They need to be clean and shiny. If there is oxidation on the contacts it will cause heat and the bulb will burn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check the headlight units are clicked in right as if they're loose it'll blow bulbs.
    The mothers i30 was eating bulbs too, got the heavy duty ones in halfords and they've been no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Our 07 santa fe kept blowing halogen park bulbs, h6w which aren't cheap, tried all motor factor brands, switched to led & no hassle since.
    Try & get philips bulbs, most factors have them now, stay away from neolux & eurolec they are dirt

• Advertisement
Advertisement