Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemo 3 ridiculous leaking

• 11-08-2016 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I just picked up a lemo 3 today and built myself, when I put liquid in it it flies out the airflow. Not a small bit, it empties quickly to quarter full.
    Everything is tight, any idea what could cause the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I got one last week, put in the 2 claptons that came with it, and it hasn't leaked at all. I put loads of cotton in, nearly all the way to the bottom of the vertical channel, but not actually touching the bottom, to leave a tiny bit of room for juice to get in underneath the cotton. Fantastic device I have to say. Insane airflow, if that's your thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

It's weird, I have lots of cotton, 3 legs of cotton are touching at base, 1 is very slightly shorter. Shouldn't be an issue though, it's the same as other builds i've watched.
    Not sure how juice could ever reach the airflow unless there's a lack of pressure forcing the liquid through when filled. I may just rebuild again, very irrirating so far though

I dunno so - maybe there's a little bit of cotton sticking out and touching the air slot, and sure, once juice finds a path to the air slot there's no stopping it.

Steve666 wrote: »
    I dunno so - maybe there's a little bit of cotton sticking out and touching the air slot, and sure, once juice finds a path to the air slot there's no stopping it.

It's fairly tight, do you twist the cotton fully before loading or just the top to get it through then cut that bit off?

Ya, I just twist the end, pull it through straight, and trim that bit off. Did you use the coils that came with it? I think they were 3mm - stuff as much cotton into them as you can, so when you put on the chamber cover (the bit that screws on), you have to almost push the cotton in to get the cover down. I remember thinking that it seemed like waaaaay too much cotton, but then it worked really well. Really really well. I am actually delighted with it.

• Advertisement

Steve666 wrote: »
    Ya, I just twist the end, pull it through straight, and trim that bit off. Did you use the coils that came with it? I think they were 3mm - stuff as much cotton into them as you can, so when you put on the chamber cover (the bit that screws on), you have to almost push the cotton in to get the cover down. I remember thinking that it seemed like waaaaay too much cotton, but then it worked really well. Really really well. I am actually delighted with it.

It's settled for me now after a bit of messing with it, don't know how i'll get on on the next fill but will stuff it with cotton if I get any more issues. Using the claptons myself.
    It vapes great and I love the idea of being able to switch deck to a slot in atomizer if i'm on the go, just hope that that's either the end of the leaking or I can sort it with another build.
    Thanks for your help :)

Very good. I hope it works out for ya!

Ya, I tried the .3 ohm coil the other night, but it didn't wick very well. It says it's good up to 80 watts, but I could only go as far as 50 without getting slightly dry hits. Yerrah - the RTA part is all I wanted from it anyway.

Had a few more leaks so built again. 20 mls of liquid down, I stuffed so much cotton through I was worried about breaking the coils on the way through.
    Problem solved, vaping great now and no leaks, thanks for your help :)

Good stuff! Ya, she's some machine. Those coils are savage too. Awesome flavour, and totally OTT vapour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

New TPD requirements - it's automatically dumping any juice over 2ml :D

• Advertisement

My last rebuildable was a kayfun lite and after a bit of reading, while all RTAs work on pressure differential, the KFL works on a true pressure differential controlled by the juice channel size, many don't and require the wick to act a seal to keep control of the differential.

When I used less cotton, it resulted in the pressure throughout being the same and I think the weight of the liquid forced itself through the juice holes up to the airflow then steadied when it was near empty.

Learned something new today anyway, will know what the story is if I see this problem again with a new RTA

Advertisement