Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help wanted for article

• 11-08-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Calling all Musicians/Promoters/Venues etc. I have been asked to write a piece regarding the state of the live music scene in areas outside of Dublin.
    I would like to chat to musicians who fall under the following criteria:
    1. Use Promotion Companies or Individuals to secure gigs.
    2. Contact the venues directly
    3. Have ever had problems securing and then retaining gigs
    4. Have had difficulty securing payment for gigs
    5. Have played festivals for money or for free
    The piece will focus on the perceived difficulties that the current live scene is experiencing, both from the venues, who aim to attract bands, and the musicians, who are trying to secure and retain gigs. I will also be exploring the recent rise in Promotional Companies and the manner in which they operate and work with both Musicians and Venue owners. I will also be exploring the perceived notion that there is a "Race to the Bottom" with regard to value for money when it comes to bands playing in pubs.
    If you would like to contact me, in confidence, please e-mail me at kirwanpaul@hotmail.com or PM me here and I will arrange to have a chat. No names of any musicians, venues or Companies will be mentioned without the permission of the person(s) involved.
    Thank you all, and have a lovely day.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement