Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disastrous Dealings with Eir

Options
  • 11-08-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Wow, where to begin?

Well firstly, I would like if possible to have an Eir Representative on here contact me as soon as possible to discuss a multitude of issues building up on my account. My partner is currently on the phone trying to deal with this, but after Jennifer in the Loyalty Department put him through to Joanne in Credit Control (Eir owes us over €118 and the number is still rising) and Joanne forced him to ring another number which got him through to Meteor and Meteor apologised and gave him the number for Upgrades with Eir I decided it might be more practical to take matters into my own hands. 

Currently there are charges on one of the billpay mobiles pertaining to local landline calls which are included in the bundle. These charges are over €20 now, despite 2 agreements in the past 48 hours alone (I have screenshots of the Eir chat to collaborate this) that this had been resolved. Eir Representative Pamela has also had to wipe these charges from the account with no information as to why I am being charged in the first place (minutes still available on the account regardless of the fact that the calls themselves are supposed to be free). 

Currently the other mobile on the account is not in service due to an unknown issue that no member of staff seems to be able or willing to resolve. The phone stopped reading my sim card and after a call to the customer care team suggested I do not order one via post, I travelled to the store. Guess what? The store had no sim cards! We ended up having to make another call to Eir to order one over the Bank Holiday and that one didn't work either! The suggestion at this point was that there may be an issue with the handset (which was in warranty when the issue was raised but not at this stage, conveniently). We drove to the Eir store only to be told that (laughably) there were no available phones to test the issue and the only solution was to "ask neighbours if they have a phone you can borrow". It was made clear over the phone that we are the only two people we know on the Eir network so a sim would not be compatible regardless. 

With all of the above taken into account, teamed up with the recordings we have of staff members pretending their systems are down and hanging up, asking us to hold while they read something only to transfer us to a different department and all of the screenshots showing the promises of money owed to us, we decided we had no other choice but to cancel our contract. Imagine our surprise when, after all of this, you demanded money off us to pay a cancellation fee?!?! You owe US money! 

We are unsure of how this can possibly be resolved by us, since we have bended to every request of Eir's since we signed up in the beginning. My own billpay mobile is fast running out of minutes because my partner is forced to use it for work and personal reasons and I can assure you we will not be held liable for the charges when that goes over my bundle either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Hi, did you get this sorted? Ive had very similar issues on my account. Interested to know if it got sorted and who was actually bale to do so?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sweeper keeper

Just forward all the details of your case to Comreg. They regulate the industry and will force eir to deal with your case.

In my experience it is a waste of time trying to go through eirs customer care channels. They were completely incompetent with me

consumerline at comreg dot ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

JustLen wrote: »
    Hi, did you get this sorted? Ive had very similar issues on my account. Interested to know if it got sorted and who was actually bale to do so?
    Thanks.
    No, nothing sorted but got our letter today about the price increase, so now we can cancel our contract penalty-free!

Advertisement