Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB Interview result

Options
  • 11-08-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

After a rather gruelling interview I am somewhat puzzled by the result!

What does this mean? Is there really a job there at all?

Thank you for attending for interview for the post of ....

Your name has been included on a panel, which may be used to fill any vacancies that arise in this subject area for the current academic session. Any offer of employment will only be made to panel members subject to satisfactory references, medical, Garda clearance, proof of qualifications, Teaching Council registration and sanction of the Chief Executive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It means you came after first and if they don't take it, you might be offered it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

Could it also mean that the job is being offered to whoever held the post last year and the panel is simply a backup?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The panel will be for the whole of that ETB. It will cover all sorts of positions that will/might come up once enrolments are known, esp. if the ETB has PLC courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

The panel will be for the whole of that ETB. It will cover all sorts of positions that will/might come up once enrolments are known, esp. if the ETB has PLC courses.

In this case the interview was for a specific job in a specific college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That may be true but if anything arises elsewhere during the year you would be next in line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Could, not would. A school could use the panel or readvertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Congratulations! Think nothing of it from now on (they've put your file.... In a filing cabinet :)) keep applying for jobs. You might get an unexpected phone call some day to work in some unexpected school in some unexpected location. The day I started my current job I got a call offering a position in a prison/remand centre of some sort about 20miles away ... sorry I didn't take a chance on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

crunchy62 wrote: »
    After a rather gruelling interview I am somewhat puzzled by the result!

What does this mean? Is there really a job there at all?

Thank you for attending for interview for the post of ....

Your name has been included on a panel, which may be used to fill any vacancies that arise in this subject area for the current academic session. Any offer of employment will only be made to panel members subject to satisfactory references, medical, Garda clearance, proof of qualifications, Teaching Council registration and sanction of the Chief Executive.

It means you didn't come first but you did well enough in the interview to place on a panel.
    If another ETB school within the area has a position it needs to fill it might look at the panel (that you are now a part of) and offer a job.
    Last summer I interviewed for a school and got the same email you got. A month later another ETB school in the area asked me to do a quick interview for them and I got that job. They got my name from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Obviously you are not the daughter/son of the CEO or any of the cronies that sat on the interview panel.if you were you would have got the job without adhering to any list of criteria to remain on a panel in the hope of getting called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

ethical wrote: »
    Obviously you are not the daughter/son of the CEO or any of the cronies that sat on the interview panel.if you were you would have got the job without adhering to any list of criteria to remain on a panel in the hope of getting called!

Seriously:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ok back on topic, member has been given a warning in terms of the charter/sweeping generalisations etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Being panelled means you are in with a decent chance of picking up work with the etb.

In my school we have had to go down to 5th on the panel already this year for a maternity leave job as those who were offered previously got their own hours in another school.

Hold tight! There could be a few mat leaves etc not yet notified coming up.

Advertisement