Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Jimny soft top

• 11-08-2016 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I passed the test a few months back and am looking into getting something new and possibly a bit different. Driving a Micra at the moment which is cheap as chips to run but I want something a different. Don't want to get anything too expensive to run as I'm still in college.

I'm mostly doing city driving these days about once a week I do longer drives but nothing major and I wouldn't be on the motoway regularly, maybe once every couple of months or so.

Was looking specifically at the soft top as it looks like it could be a bit of fun. Should I avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭motorfan

Jimny's have a bit of a harsh ride, from my experience they can be a bone shaker on uneven roads, at least the early ones were.
    Road noise would be kind of high too, on long trips that might be an issue. The boot space is pretty small.

The one I had experience with seemed pretty easy to keep on the road, never seen anything go on it and just needed service parts done. However, it was not too old at the time, only 4-5 years old and mileage was fairly small too. What year are you looking at?

Have no experience with the soft top version, but with any soft top make sure its in good condition and not leaking or anything.

They are apparently pretty good off roaders though, heard they are better off road than on road ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The soft top isn't quite as reliable as the hard top version.
    The hard tops were built in Japan, the soft tops in Spain in the old Santana factory with a somewhat Mediterranean approach to quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The 08 tax change killed them off, the last one I looked at had €750 p/a tax!
    Rust can affect them as well, seen a good few with rusty front members and corroded wiring causing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Cheers for this lads, decided not to with with the Jimny, still looking but I want a bit of an all rounder and the Jimny doesn't seem to fit that bill.

Advertisement