Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone running out of space?!

Options
  • 11-08-2016 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I'm really hoping someone can help me out here and that I'm in the right place.

Is there a way of moving things that are saved to Internal Phone Storage to the SD card inserted?

My Dad's Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen phone, which he loves, keeps telling him "Storage space running out; Some functions may not work".

I cleared the cache for him and uninstalled unnecessary apps but it's not making much difference.

Looking at his storage, it says "4.58GB used of 4.90GB".
    The warning message won't go away either.

It seems that his photos/videos are all saved to the phone's internal storage but his SD card (which he bought separately and is a 32gb one) only has three photos on it.

Is there a way of moving some of these photos to the SD card?
    And is there a way of making the phone save to the SD card in future?

I know I will have to download the pics off the internal storage and save them elsewhere to free up space if all this fails but is there a way of sorting this?

TLDR: Can I move photos saved in the internal phone storage to SD card and how do I make the phone save its' future photos to the SD card in future instead of automatically to the phone?

Here's an image of the phone:

http://boingboing.net/2015/06/18/motorola-moto-g-2nd-generatio.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Open the camera app and see can you find settings for storage location. You might be able to select between internal and the sd card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Get the Google photos app and sync the photos to the cloud, then you can move them or even delete them and not worry about them. New photos will automatically back up, be sure to set it to only backup when on Wi-Fi and charging so it doesn't eat your data or kill your battery. You should have a setting in the camera change the save location to the sd card in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Connect phone to computer and copy the pics off. Then set camera to save to SD. Then copy the pics to SD.

Advertisement