Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to start Mountain Biking?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

nak wrote: »
    I don't think anyone posted not to go out with experienced riders. If you're referring to my comment about experienced riders forgetting what it like to be a beginner, I was just going on my experience - people regularly state stuff isn't technical. It isn't to them because they've been doing it for 20 years, but it can be to a beginner.

It's great to learn from someone more experienced but you need to find the right group for you. I know someone who never went mountain biking again because an experienced rider tried to get them to ride an enduro stage they believed wasn't technical in Ticknock on a HT one of the first times they went out. Took me a while to find a group I was comfortable with and have learned a lot since.

I stand corrected in that case, but from my experience while people I have been with have talked down some features, at the same time they wouldn't have put me in a position I wouldn't be able to handle.

One of the best things about mountain biking is the people you get to hang out with in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    I could take you mountain biking in Ballyhoura if you want. I'll give you a lesson on braking, gearing, climbing and descending. This would be aimed at beginners, nothing technical just a good day out.
    It would have to be either this weekend or next weekend Sat or Sun.
    I will be hiring a bike myself because I sold mine recently so I can go back to college in September.

Anybody else interested in a introduction to mountain biking?

Is be well up for this. It would have to be Sunday for me. I'd be renting a bike also.

Advertisement