Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF cracked screen,black screen but responding

Options
  • 11-08-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

cracked the screen of my vodafone smart prime 6. it would swipe from top to bottom, but thats all. couldnt read texts or answer calls.

anyway, got the screen fixed today. tried to turn on in the shop but it wouldn't work so I thought the battery was dead, so brought it home and charged it up.
    now the screen is black, but it is responding to touch (it's vibrating) and the little light is flashing, but nothing on the screen. the battery is built into the phone so i cant take it out.

i'm bringing it back to the repair shop in the morning but any ideas as to what the issue is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The lcd ribbon may not be in fully, so easy to fix but from a authorised repair centre it shouldn't be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

Davy wrote: »
    The lcd ribbon may not be in fully, so easy to fix but from a authorised repair centre it shouldn't be happening.

gonna be picking it up tomorrow or tuesday. guy in shop said he'd never seen anything like it before and wanted to try and fix it over the weekend. hopefully it'll be resolved soon :(

Advertisement