Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling with Seatwave

Options
  • 11-08-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone have any experience of selling a ticket on Seatwave?
    I put a ticket for EP up for €350 last Feb, they put it up for €480. A buyer came along, Ticketmaster posted me my tickets, then I had to post them to the buyer.
    I was annoyed when I got the pop-up saying I'd be paid within ten days after the event has taken place (probably my own fault for missing a note about this somewhere along the way when putting the ticket up).
    What I want to know is - will I def get my money after EP has taken place this year? How does this work? Do they pay it back to the card you used to buy the ticket? I'm dubious...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

oh this won't be popular thread here! but yeah, you'll definitely get your money, seatwave are legit. seatwave can only pay after to ensure no dodginess on either side.

have you read the terms of what % Seatwave takes for itself?! they take from both the buyer and the seller, nice little business model in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

[gets popcorn]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

If I have a family camping ticket can I just use it as a normal weekend ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I really wish people would stop contributing to a system that a) makes a profit off genuine music fans b) screws fans over c) serves to line the pockets of Ticketmaster three times over!

Problem is, there's such a laissez-faire attitude to touts over here, I posted about this before and was told "ah sure there'll always be people willing to pay over the odds", "people can spend their money on whatever they want" and so on and so forth. Don't use touts, don't be a tout, don't use legit touting sites like Seatwave, either for buying or selling. It really is that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

You should of sold it on Toutless mate

You deserve it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

As above, what's wrong with toutless?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

sgahan4 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of selling a ticket on Seatwave?
    I put a ticket for EP up for €350 last Feb, they put it up for €480. A buyer came along, Ticketmaster posted me my tickets, then I had to post them to the buyer.
    I was annoyed when I got the pop-up saying I'd be paid within ten days after the event has taken place (probably my own fault for missing a note about this somewhere along the way when putting the ticket up).
    What I want to know is - will I def get my money after EP has taken place this year? How does this work? Do they pay it back to the card you used to buy the ticket? I'm dubious...

They sold it for €130 more than you gave it to them yet you were only annoyed when they told you that you would have to wait for your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I hope you get shafted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

So what you are saying is you are annoyed because you were touting and a tout site, touted YOU!

HAHAHA Serves you right

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

sgahan4 wrote: »
    I put a ticket for EP up for €350 last Feb, they put it up for €480.

Never used the service and don't plan to in the future but kinda curious as to what the story is with this? people make a seatwave advert for €350 and ticket master decides **** it lets throw on a tonne more and keep that for ourselves?

• Advertisement

So what you are saying is you are annoyed because you were touting and a tout site, touted YOU!

HAHAHA Serves you right

They don't seem to mind that Seatwave have decided to pocket a handsome fee for themselves, their issue is that they have to wait until 10 days after the event to get paid.... They didn't bother to read the terms and conditions of the BS service that benefits no one bar Ticketmaster

DC10555 wrote: »
    Never used the service and don't plan to in the future but kinda curious as to what the story is with this? people make a seatwave advert for €350 and ticket master decides **** it lets throw on a tonne more and keep that for ourselves?

Basically, TM charge a "sellers fee". That fee depends on how much you sell your ticket for. For example, there's currently 6 upper circle tickets to the Super furry Animals on seatwave. Bear in mind that upper circle tickets haven't even sold out on TM

On Ticketmaster, upper circle tickets are €28.50 with a booking fee of €3.55 and the Olympia restoration levy of €1

On seatwave, there's no option to buy 1 of these tickets, it's a minimum of 2. So 2 upper circle tickets on seatwave that are €90 each with a whopping booking fee of €33.98 would cost €213.98!!

Absolutely shocking stuff and I'm amazed anyone would use this service either to buy or sell. So yeah, no sympathy for anyone greedy enough to use it to sell tickets and finds that they themselves have been screwed over by a crap system.

ETA- There's actually another charge, a handling and delivery charge of €12.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭xlogo

sgahan4 wrote:
    Does anyone have any experience of selling a ticket on Seatwave? I put a ticket for EP up for €350 last Feb, they put it up for €480. A buyer came along, Ticketmaster posted me my tickets, then I had to post them to the buyer. I was annoyed when I got the pop-up saying I'd be paid within ten days after the event has taken place (probably my own fault for missing a note about this somewhere along the way when putting the ticket up). What I want to know is - will I def get my money after EP has taken place this year? How does this work? Do they pay it back to the card you used to buy the ticket? I'm dubious...

What was the face value of the ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

As far as I know, Picnic tickets started at €160 (for people who could show previous attendance), upto 234 euro.

Add on six euro for TM service charges and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

A tout giving out about a touting website !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Good enough for you OP, I hope you never get your money......

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Good enough for you OP, I hope you never get your money......

With the fee they charge I had expected that the seller would send their hard copy ticket back to Ticketmaster/Seatwave and a new ticket then issued to the buyer but this is not the case. The seller sends the ticket direct to the buyer.

What's to stop the buyer and his friend using the ticket's barcode to fake an eTicket (easy to do). One gets in first on the eTicket and the other gets refused on the original. The original and evidence of refusal is returned to Seatwave and the money is refunded with I imagine the Tout being left of pocket.

I am assuming that at the event they don't know whether a ticket was originally issued as an eTicket or Hard Copy (I know this used to be the case).

PS I have never bought or sold tickets for above face value Adverts/Toutless.com has come to the rescue on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

There's been no e tickets for EP since 2014. There must have been a lot of scams

Advertisement