Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Where universal providers used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

About bloody time Kilkenny got a decent value type store...even Bunclody has a Mr Price ffs, mr price is very good will do a roaring trade here...especially there, great location with parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

fraido wrote: »
    Where universal providers used to be.

oh ya had that place forgot about, massive big store and loads free parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Their product catalog doesn't inspire.

catbear wrote: »
    Their product catalog doesn't inspire.

It's a very good store. Some tat in their range but overall some great bargains to be had. It's an Irish Dealz...something Kilkenny has been deprived of, o often pop into the Carlow one. It'll do very very well here especially there where you can park out side.

• Advertisement

When's it opening? I see they have signs up now

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Must be soon. Just seen a Mr Price van go through the drive in at KFC

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

opening Thursday at noon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

pound shop down town is better value in over 90% of items i'd say
    dealz is a way better option if we ever get one

jambofc wrote: »
    pound shop down town is better value in over 90% of items i'd say
    dealz is a way better option if we ever get one

Dealz is cheaper alright and more range- what can we do? I can't understand why they're not here yet- can they not find a suitable premises, is it too expensive for them? I'd have thought the Retail park in Loughboy ideal for them but is the strict planning not allowing the likes of them? Or in MacDonagh Junction?
    Mr Price is good but you need to be careful in what you buy. There are plenty of good bargains there. it's doing a roaring trade here- been over a few times and it was packed each time with long queues. And some of the shelves were bare (it was obvious stock had sold out).

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Dealz is cheaper alright and more range- what can we do? I can't understand why they're not here yet- can they not find a suitable premises, is it too expensive for them? I'd have thought the Retail park in Loughboy ideal for them but is the strict planning not allowing the likes of them? Or in MacDonagh Junction?
    Mr Price is good but you need to be careful in what you buy. There are plenty of good bargains there. it's doing a roaring trade here- been over a few times and it was packed each time with long queues. And some of the shelves were bare (it was obvious stock had sold out).

i emailed dealz ages ago asking if they had plans for a store in Kilkenny the answer was no :mad:

jambofc wrote: »
    i emailed dealz ages ago asking if they had plans for a store in Kilkenny the answer was no :mad:

Did they say why? I can't see the reason they wouldn't...there's one in athy ffs

road_high wrote: »
    Did they say why? I can't see the reason they wouldn't...there's one in athy ffs

na no reason "no plans at present"

Advertisement