Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think Gabi Giffords would know all too well.

Yes, thanks to the tin-fool hat side of Trump, pretty much every right wing anti government nut like Jared Loughber has been encouraged to take up position at the local polling station to protect against the rigging.

This was based on nothing but the fact he couldn't accept he was down in the polls. Now he's polling well again, it's not rigged.

But he comments won't go away. His madder supporters have answered the call and will turn up at polling stations on Election Day looking for blacks and foreigners.

Sure what's the worst that could happen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

gosplan wrote: »
    Sure what's the worst that could happen?
    There'll be no trouble at all and you'll be proved wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Julian Assange is a tiresome, self-absorbed windbag who was lucky enough to be the person Edward Snowden used to publicize the material he possessed.

After Snowden, Assange has been a long-running wet fart revealing nothing but his unshakeable belief in himself as the most interesting and important person on the planet.

He's a busted flush, a bore and a narcissist.

He genuinely believes that if he leaves the bathroom of the Euadorian embassy he'll be murdered on sight because he is so damn important when he is the textbook example of Yesterday's Man.

FFS, a day or two ago he did an interview with RussiaToday (AKA Putin's mouthpiece) explaining how Russia totally wasn't trying to mess with the US election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This is disgusting.

Posts in this thread talk about this claim like it's a fact, and are only doing so because Trump is the accused. You people expect Trump's fan to believe he's a rapist when there's no proof.

In this election cycle anything negative about Trump becomes fact to the people who hate him regardless of the evidence.

Well if people accuse Bill of loads of things, I can't see why they'd defend Trump.

It isn't as if anybody here knows Trump or Bill and can say Trump is a much nicer person! Like he only had 3 marriages, cheated in his first, married that woman, his first wife accused him of rape, there's the tape, the allegations...

How can anybody defend Trump and go on about Bill with a straight face, or without political brain washing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

If Hilary only accomplished ONE thing per year during her 30-year political tenure, the woman would have 30 accomplishments to brag about on her stump speeches. How about 15...one every 2 years? But nope. She's got zero, zippo, nada when given the opportunity to tell us about what she's done. All she can do is make promises of what she will do. But who believes it? If you've had 30 years to prove how effective you are and gotten nowhere, well...... That's why her entire campaign is about attacking and lying about Trump. Then Hillary, who claims to "respect" women, pays an entertainer to perform using the most vulgar, disparaging, rhetoric to insult women. Tell me...how does that fit together? What we can see is a woman who imade herself unbelievably rich in a very short time, at the expense of the country she now wants to lead. Why? So she can continue to sell the USA out?????

The Hypocrisy of this woman is unreal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3908378/Trump-blasts-Hillary-Jay-Z-Beyonce-concert.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

This day next week President Obama will have finished his second term as President.:cool: The new president elect will be on the way to the White House.

K-9 wrote: »
    Well if people accuse Bill of loads of things, I can't see why they'd defend Trump.

It isn't as if anybody here knows Trump or Bill and can say Trump is a much nicer person! Like he only had 3 marriages, cheated in his first, married that woman, his first wife accused him of rape, there's the tape, the allegations...

How can anybody defend Trump and go on about Bill with a straight face, or without political brain washing.

.Bill actually got impeached and lost his right to practice law for his sexual behaviour towards women and settled multiple rape/sexual assualt cases, BIG DIFFERENCE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

Neither of which are evidence of Wikileaks being wrong.
    Wanna try again?

They claimed all summer they had evidence to play against Clinton.

They had nothing except people shouting wikileaks and emails in shrill voices.

Therefore they were wrong. I would note anonymous still haven't put forward their evidence and given voting has already started there is no reason to hold it back with possible exception of they have nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,000 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can't even hold it together at a self deprecating charity event

Can't even hold it together at a self deprecating charity event

John Oliver is a massive cuck who has been proven to be in collusion with the clinton campiagn through wikileaks, I have lost all respect for that man

Trump walked into the enemies' camp in that speech with nothing but his wit to protect him, and with his wife's honor to be protected as well, I admire Trump for his fighting spirit. The dude is like the entire spartan army of 300 rolled into one fighting against just about everyone. And he is 70. It is refreshing to see someone who is not so political.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Iceboy wrote: »
    .Bill actually got impeached for his sexual behaviour towards women and settled multiple rape/sexual assualt cases, BIG DIFFERENCE

Bill got impeached for allegedly lying, not for sexual behaviour.

And, BIGGEST DIFFERENCE OF ALL, Bill isn't running in the election

.Bill actually got impeached for his sexual behaviour towards women and settled multiple rape/sexual assualt cases, BIG DIFFERENCE

Well Trump raped his first wife and settled that allegation in a divorce settlement.

But again, nobody knows these 2 men! Why somebody would defend either of them when it comes to conduct with women, I don't have a clue. Calling women liars is exactly what Bill and Hillary did, so why do it to Trump's victims?

That suggests the concern for the women involved is fake and is being used to score political points.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Omy

Have you read the articles of impechement it was not for where he put his mickey it's what he did after and he was in the end not impeached.

John Oliver is a massive cuck who has been proven to be in collusion with the clinton campiagn through wikileaks, I have lost all respect for that man

Trump walked into the enemies' camp in that speech with nothing but his wit to protect him, and with his wife's honor to be protected as well, I admire Trump for his fighting spirit. The dude is like the entire spartan army of 300 rolled into one fighting against just about everyone. And he is 70. It is refreshing to see someone who is not so political.

Do you have a link to the Wikileaks emails about Oliver?

Also, terms like cuck are beneath the standard expected in the forum, best left to reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The FBI's more or less openly jumping on board the Trump campaign gets even more disturbing as they refuse to answer why the Twitter account that began praising Trump's father and posting accusations about the Clintons suddenly got reactivated only a few days before the election, and get caught out lying about the Twitter account being fully automated.

Clinton is still the pretty heavy favourite, and this really makes you wonder what the fall out will be come Nov 9th should that prove true, especially given the Supreme Court and probably the Senate will be on her side on this - the latter, whether or not the Dems get a majority or not, going by many Republicans' reaction to James Comey's decision to go out of his way to public on Clinton/Weiner's emails, but go out of his way to keep quiet on the Trump/Russian election meddling ties. After the last week, there is no way he can even investigate the latter anymore with a shred of credibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-twitter-account-reactivated-hillary-clinton-foundation-emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,669 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'd imagine Assange has a serious grudge against the US political establishment, and I honestly can't say I don't blame him insofar as he started Wikileaks in the first place. Don't get me wrong, we need whistleblowers in society, it just so happens you'll never see Wikileaks target the Kremlin.

Wikileaks reminds me of that old Cold War era joke with an American and Soviet diplomat arguing about whose country was more free. The American says 'In the USA we are free to criticise our government'. The Soviet replies 'In the USSR we too are free to criticise your government'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OK thrill me .. can you link to this alleged email that says that John Oliver is colluding

K-9 wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the Wikileaks emails about Oliver?

Also, terms like cuck are beneath the standard expected in the forum, best left to reddit.

http://dcleaks.com/emails/cApR/html/Clinton_Foundation/00001237.EML.html

Explains why you have never seen John Oliver attack Hilary over anything, all he does is bash Trump and even the 3rd party candidates!

COLLUSION

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Explains why you have never seen John Oliver attack Hilary over anything, all he does is bash Trump and even the 3rd party candidates!

COLLUSION

???
    Sorry, I must be missing something, but how does that email show collusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

'Cuck', the cringiest 'insult' of all time. You've made completely outlandish claims throughout this thread and so far have not provided any credible proof. Satanic paedophile cults and John Oliver in collusion, but proof is not something you can provide......

COLLUSION

This is your damning evidence against Oliver? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The desperate clucks of the Drumpfster Fire tells you everything you need to know about their insecurities - that women can't be trusted unless chained to your sink/bed, brown people are going to take everything you hold dear and that they'll do it on behalf of DA JOOS.

If Hilary only accomplished ONE thing per year during her 30-year political tenure, the woman would have 30 accomplishments to brag about on her stump speeches. How about 15...one every 2 years? But nope. She's got zero, zippo, nada when given the opportunity to tell us about what she's done. All she can do is make promises of what she will do. But who believes it? If you've had 30 years to prove how effective you are and gotten nowhere, well...... That's why her entire campaign is about attacking and lying about Trump. Then Hillary, who claims to "respect" women, pays an entertainer to perform using the most vulgar, disparaging, rhetoric to insult women. Tell me...how does that fit together? What we can see is a woman who imade herself unbelievably rich in a very short time, at the expense of the country she now wants to lead. Why? So she can continue to sell the USA out?????

The Hypocrisy of this woman is unreal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3908378/Trump-blasts-Hillary-Jay-Z-Beyonce-concert.html

What standard metric are we using to gauge whether she has any accomplishments? To argue with a straight face that she has zero would be incredible in the best sense of the word.

•First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College.
    •President of the Wellesley Young Republicans
    •Intern at the House Republican Conference
    •Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School
    •Editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action
    •Appointed to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.
    •Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
    •Staff attorney for Children's Defense Fund
    •Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
    •Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
    •First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation
    •First female partner at Rose Law Firm.
    •Former civil litigation attorney.
    •Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
    •twice listed by The National Law Journal as one of the hundred most influential lawyers in America
    •Former First Lady of Arkansas.
    •Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983
    •Chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession
    •twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America
    •created Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth
    •led a task force that reformed Arkansas's education system
    •Board of directors of Wal-Mart and several other corporations
    •Instrumental in passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program
    •Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses
    •Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health
    •Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome)
    •Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice
    •Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act
    •First FLOTUS in US History to hold a postgraduate degree
    •Traveled to 79 countries during time as FLOTUS
    •Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
    •Served on five Senate committees:
    -Committee on Budget (2001–2002)
    -Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009)
    -Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009)
    -Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009)
    -Special Committee on Aging.
    •Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
    •Instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment
    •Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
    •In the aftermath of September 11th, she worked closely with her senior Senate counterpart from New York, Sen. Charles Schumer, on securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
    • Middle East ceasefire. In November 2012, Secretary of State Clinton brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas.
    •Introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act, intended to protect children from inappropriate content found in video games.
    •First ex-FLOTUS in US History to be elected to the United States Senate (and re-elected)
    •Two-term New York Senator
    -(senate stats here: https://www.govtrack.us/...)
    -(voting record here: http://votesmart.org/...)
    •Former US Secretary of State
    •GRAMMY Award Winner
    •Author

So I guess you could say she has zero accomplishments if you simply refuse to acknowledge they exist but within the realms of reality that's just not true; it's just a partisan talking point with no meat behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I love how Trump believes that Hillary should have closed the tax loopholes exploited by him when she was First Lady of Arkansas...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    I love how Trump believes that Hillary should have closed the tax loopholes exploited by him when she was First Lady of Arkansas...

I think that was 1995, was it?

She voted to close the tax loophole in 2004.

I love how a billionaire property developer who likes gold gilding all over his house, huge portraits of himself, lies about charitable donations, sent his own businesses abroad, imported raw products from other companies abroad and doesn't believe in paying taxes basically stood up and told everyone that he was the champion of the little guy.

AND SO MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE HIM!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think that was 1995, was it?

She voted to close the tax loophole in 2004.

I love how a billionaire property developer who likes gold gilding all over his house, huge portraits of himself, lies about charitable donations, sent his own businesses abroad, imported raw products from other companies abroad and doesn't believe in paying taxes basically stood up and told everyone that he was the champion of the little guy.

AND SO MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE HIM!!!!

So he should use more expensive products in the US? He's a business man, it's the governments fault it's cheap to import from abroad and he's stated this multiple times. He says every speech he was on the other side abusing the system, not like he's hiding away from it.

Corruption and lies have plagued the Clintons for decades, American people can make up their own mind on the state of their country.

So he should use more expensive products in the US? He's a business man, it's the governments fault it's cheap to import from abroad and he's stated this multiple times. He says every speech he was on the other side abusing the system, not like he's hiding away from it.

Corruption and lies have plagued the Clintons for decades, American people can make up their own mind on the state of their country.

I guess that's also his excuse for building trump tower with immigrant labor that he exploited.

It honestly baffles me how people buy this narrative from him.

It baffles me how almost every poster in here defends Hilary to the death, how can you defend a person who SOLD OUT THEIR OWN COUNTRY!

she is guilty of so many crimes and the only reason she is not in jail is because of how corrupt the whole establisment is.

- Benghazi: Committing Perjury/Lying Under Oath
    - Illegally Mixing Government and Personal Emails
    - Endangering National Security and State (personal server, which the FBI has now confired that at least 5 other nations had hacked into too)
    - Obstruction of Justice, Destruction of Evidence (smashing evidence, phones with hammers)
    - Selling State Secrets to Foreign Countries
    - Pay for play
    - Whitewater Scandal
    - Clinton Foundation Corruption
    - Destroying and Profiting Off Haiti
    - Accepting Bribes from Foreign Nations

the list goes on and on and on..

This election is not about left or right. This about tyranny and freedom, deception and truthhood, criminality and justice.

Nobody and I mean nobody should be above the law! This is why we are witnessing a massive revolt inside Washington with the FBI, the sooner Hilary and her corrupt cronies are put in prison the better off this world will be

It baffles me how almost every poster in here defends Hilary to the death, how can you defend a person who SOLD OUT THEIR OWN COUNTRY!

she is guilty of so many crimes and the only reason she is not in jail is because of how corrupt the whole establisment is.

- Endangering National Security and State (personal server, which the FBI has now confired that at least 5 other nations had hacked into too)
    - Obstruction of Justice, Destruction of Evidence (smashing evidence, phones with hammers)
    - Pay for play
    - Whitewater Scandal

This election is not about left or right. This about tyranny and freedom, deception and truthhood, criminality and justice.

Nobody and I mean nobody should be above the law! This is why we are witnessing a massive revolt inside Washington with the FBI, the sooner Hilary and her corrupt cronies are put in prison the better off this world will be

I promise I'm going to respond to this when I'm in front of a full screen because there's just so much wrong with that I can't not.

Overheal wrote: »
    I promise I'm going to respond to this when I'm in front of a full screen because there's just so much wrong with that I can't not.

I look forward to hearing you justify her actions.

• Advertisement

- Pay for play
    - Whitewater Scandal

You appear to have forgotten linking the wikileaks linking John Oliver with the Hillary campaign. Also evidence that he enjoys dither people sleeping with his wife. Also evidence that anyone should care what happens in his sexual life who isn't directly involved in it.

Yes. He should.

Yes!!

And yes he should give to charity.

And yea he should have built his stuff in the USA

He should have done all that because that's what someone who cares about the American working class and less well off would have done.

That's EXACTLY what they would have done.

Thinking Trump suddenly starts giving a **** about the less well off at age 70 is naive.

Seeing his tax plan that gives disproportionately towards the rich and continuing to believe it is just plain stupid.

Overheal wrote: »
    I guess that's also his excuse for building trump tower with immigrant labor that he exploited.

It honestly baffles me how people buy this narrative from him.

Because of things like this probably. For every bad thing you can say about Trump (I'm not denying he used illegal workers in the the building of Trump tower) there is tenfold information on the Clintons of much worse doing.

12345.png

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

Yes. He should.

Yes!!

And yes he should give to charity.

And yea he should have built his stuff in the USA

He should have done all that because that's what someone who cares about the American working class and less well off would have done.

That's EXACTLY what they would have done.

Thinking Trump suddenly starts giving a **** about the less well off at age 70 is naive.

Seeing his tax plan that gives disproportionately towards the rich and continuing to believe it is just plain stupid.

What's plain stupid is expecting a Business man to use more expensive products when equally good product is available at much lower prices. That's how Business works.

Because of things like this probably. For every bad thing you can say about Trump (I'm not denying he used illegal workers in the the building of Trump tower) there is tenfold information on the Clintons of much worse doing.

12345.png

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

????

What's plain stupid is expecting a Business man to use more expensive products when equally good product is available at much lower prices. That's how Business works.

Exactly.

Now he's not a business man though.

Now he's going to cost all his businesses money because his priorities have changed.

It's such a con.

• Advertisement

????

What are you having problems understanding? Overheal said he doesn't understand how people buy his narrative, I pointed out people support him because of things like how the Clintons robbed Haiti blind and the Clintons general Corruption. ( FBI figure it's worth investigating )

If you're still confused and need more information on Haiti, here's a story on Bill Clinton trying to force a bribe.

Exactly.

Now he's not a business man though.

Now he's going to cost all his businesses money because his priorities have changed.

It's such a con.

Only way to make you happy is if he buys a time machine it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

The republicans and libertarians are wrong? We need government regulation to ensure that organisations act an ethical manner?

So much for the free market and personal responsibility.

What are you having problems understanding? Overheal said he doesn't understand how people buy his narrative, I pointed out people support him because of things like how the Clintons robbed Haiti blind and the Clintons general Corruption. ( FBI figure it's worth investigating )

If you're still confused and need more information on Haiti, here's a story on Bill Clinton trying to force a bribe.

The Clinton's stole billions to benefit themselves through their charity and as a result are basically responisble for he deaths of thousands of Haitain lives for only giving them 5% of the charity money to the county, the Clintons are hated by that whole country and government for what they have done and the media refuse to report on it, they are disgusting people. and the the only reply you get from people off here is..

"????????" You people make me laugh

If trump done anything half as bad the Clintons done to Haiti I would retract all my support for him, Trump does not hold a candle to the horrible actions the clintons have done over the years

The Clinton's stole billions to benefit themselves through their charity and as a result are basically responisble for he deaths of thousands of Haitain lives for only giving them 5% of the charity money to the county, the Clintons are hated by that whole country and government for what they have done and the media refuse to report on it, they are disgusting people. and the the only reply you get from people off here is..

If trump done anything half as bad the Clintons done to Haiti bad as I would retract all my support for him

Opening line...

'The Clinton's stole billions'

Try and write your posts but leave out all the stuff you yourself actually know is wrong.

• Advertisement

If trump done anything half as bad the Clintons done to Haiti I would retract all my support for him, Trump does not hold a candle to the horrible actions the clintons have done over the years

Sorry I missed your wikileaks link about John Oliver. Can you point it out to me again.

Lol, link to something that isn't a PR event with Trump actually in it.

Lol, link to something that isn't a PR event with Trump actually in it.

Speaks of the Clinton Bribe @ 3.20 or so.

Milo literally takes the words out of my mouth, His information processing speed is incredible. I think that I am realizing for the first time that the left media is composed of poor information processors. Do they take communication studies, earn journalism degrees because they can't reason logically?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Milo literally takes the words out of my mouth, His information processing speed is incredible. I think that I am realizing for the first time that the left media is composed of poor information processors. Do they take communication studies, earn journalism degrees because they can't reason logically?
    TBH I find his "Well if I was sounded racist then it was a joke" explanation a bit of a charade. He knows well who is audience are and they agree with the content of that "joke".
    Yer man should have nailed him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On CNN they said a lot of people are turning up to the Clinton rallies for the music events rather than to support Hillary.

RobertKK wrote: »
    On CNN they said a lot of people are turning up to the Clinton rallies for the music events rather than to support Hillary.

She can't draw the crowds. This is Kaine's rally in Sarasota Florido from earlier, they set up in the lobby! https://sli.mg/rxUKFQ

The energy at every Trump rally is unbelievable, link below is live. He's in Nevada atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Crowd sizes at rallies won't win the election

Sanders attracted bigger crowds than trump and still had nearly four million less votes than Clinton at the primaries

11816300_880716398650032_6644758121570711995_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,679 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

She can't draw the crowds. This is Kaine's rally in Sarasota Florido from earlier, they set up in the lobby! https://sli.mg/rxUKFQ

The energy at every Trump rally is unbelievable, link below is live. He's in Nevada atm.

He was live on sky new the other day at a rally, looked like it was in a barn and I would say the place was about 60% empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

He was live on sky new the other day at a rally, looked like it was in a barn and I would say the place was about 60% empty.
    At 12:30 on a Thursday. It's hardly going to be packed. He had another rally that evening somewhere else and it was packed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement