Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Crowd sizes at rallies won't win the election

Sanders attracted bigger crowds than trump and still had nearly four million less votes than Clinton at the primaries

I don't disagree with you, but it certainly does show a high level of enthusiasm for change. I don't believe Sanders ever had a chance because of internal political reasons.

He was live on sky new the other day at a rally, looked like it was in a barn and I would say the place was about 60% empty.

Didn't see that, I only watch on RSBN. They're the only ones who zoom the cameras out and show the crowds. He's done some intentionally small events at Airport Hangers from stop to stop so it was probably one of those.

****in hell there's just been an attempt on trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,511 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looked like a assassination attempt on Trump just there on live stream !!
    Secret service took him down fast , trump that is !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Wow looks like a guy pulled out a gun. Security beat the **** out of him/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

I thought I heard gunshot must go back through the stream

Steady as a rock after coming back out, they'll be heightened security in the next rallies for sure.

I thought I heard gunshot must go back through the stream

I thought I heard a pop too .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The secret service were extremely concerned, they couldn't get Trump away fast enough. Told him to run.

Local law officers reports say a man with a gun - a white man in his 30s/40s.

• Advertisement

The views on the live stream went from 35k to 52k after the assassination attempt

Rainman16 wrote: »
    The views on the live stream went from 35k to 52k after the assassination attempt

On the chat on stream a guy said
    '' I am at this rally, i'm going to shoot Trump ''

Dunno if it was actually guy in crowd who pulled gun.

How does someone get through that Security with a gun? This man has balls of steel. Out a couple of minutes later like nothing happened, Clinton stopped her rally early today after 7 minutes because of rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,669 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What are you having problems understanding? Overheal said he doesn't understand how people buy his narrative, I pointed out people support him because of things like how the Clintons robbed Haiti blind and the Clintons general Corruption. ( FBI figure it's worth investigating )

What do you think that chart shows? Its clear you think its dynamite but all it shows is that the aid to Haiti was mainly implemented via non-Haitian organisations. That is not exactly shocking given Haiti had been hit by a quake which impacted its own ability to respond.

It does not show Clinton taking any money. It does not show any corruption. Unlike Trump who uses charities to enrich himself and fund his own vanity by buying portraits.

The thing that boggles my mind is that people will demonise Clinton over imagined corruptions, but just happily support Trump who is actually corrupt. I mean, I understand this sort of mindset exists but its staggering to encounter it on such a scale and bound behind a political candidate like Trump.

Sand wrote: »
    What do you think that chart shows? Its clear you think its dynamite but all it shows is that the aid to Haiti was mainly implemented via non-Haitian organisations.

The thing that boggles my mind is that people will demonise Clinton over imagined corruptions, but just happily support Trump who is actually corrupt. I mean, I understand this sort of mindset exists but its staggering to encounter it on such a scale and bound behind a political candidate like Trump.

Implemented yes but who handled the money?

What about Clinton trying to bribe Bernard Sansaricq?

She's under investigation on several counts of mishandling and corruption from the FBI and congress, there's been leak after leak showing implied corruption in the Clinton foundation and you still believe it's all make believe? Bill met with Loretta Lynch before Hillarys hearing and talked with her in the back of the plane for 45 minutes, and this was ONLY reported because some freelance Journalist happened to be near by.

Just because the MSM doesn't report issues does not mean they are not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Some guy shows up at a rally with a gun, well aren't republicans all about that kind of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

Gintonious wrote: »
    Some guy shows up at a rally with a gun, well aren't republicans all about that kind of thing?

Are people allowed to exercise their constitutional rights at political rallies? I know they couldn't at the convention but not sure about other events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

There'll be no trouble at all and you'll be proved wrong?

Hopefully so, given how federal agents have been tasked to oversee the voting at four North Carolina polling stations, outside the usual norms at polling stations.

What's plain stupid is expecting a Business man to use more expensive products when equally good product is available at much lower prices. That's how Business works.

Especially when he's slamming the US government for allowing it (free trade in the market) to continue. It doesn't help his case when it's US businessmen and women who are pricing themselves out of the market and damaging home industry growth for the sake of the Co balance sheets by exporting US jobs instead of US products.

I wonder if Don get's elected, foreign goods will be another one of the alien things he bars from entering the US on the grounds it'll help the US economy, keep US jobs for US citizens by keeping more of the dollar at home by buying at home, He said he wants to "bring back the jobs to the US". As president it'd be his patriotic and constitutional duty to protect America's interests. Do you think Don will sort out such unpatriotic activities and end collusion between his fellow US businessmen and women and the US Govt.

Will he even try, as president, to engage in action which will cause harm to his own family's industrial affairs? I'm assuming that if he does get the job, he'll be required to divest himself of any business connections likely to conflict with his new sworn-to-uphold constitutional duties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

TheOven wrote: »
    Are people allowed to exercise their constitutional rights at political rallies? I know they couldn't at the convention but not sure about other events.
    Why are Trump and the RNC trying to steal their freedoms?

Turns out he democrat assassin with a gun was actually just a republican with a sign. Man has been released.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Why are Trump and the RNC trying to steal their freedoms?

I'm sure one of those second amendment people can take care of it.

• Advertisement

Initial news reports are saying that Don, on stage, pointed to some-one in the audience and asked if he was a protester paid $1,500 to disrupt his speech. The next thing is that two Secret Service men took Don off stage rapidly as the protester was being removed by police. The news reports say that the man was not found to be carrying any fire-arms. There seem's to be confusion about a gun caused when-one in the audience shouted "gun" which then caused the actions of the secret service.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjTwYyCmpPQAhWsB8AKHUFzDRcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kolotv.com%2Fcontent%2Fnews%2FDonald-Trump-returns-to-Reno-on-Saturday-399914141.html&usg=AFQjCNEE3YZlFyBuRPSJna917uLsUiqkBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

First thing I saw when I looked at it is it looked planned

First thing I saw when I looked at it is it looked planned

Blame the victim nice.

This guy is known and was thrown out of a previous rally. I'm not saying it has anything to do with anyone but there's PROOF people on Clintons campaign pay people to disturb Trump's rallies, then you come out with the above. Nice.

Another attempt was made on Trump where a guy grabbed a Cop's gun but got tackled quickly, Trump never made a big deal out of it.

The world is gone mad, CNN are even saying "Even if he had a gun, we can't jump to conclusions".

Rigged system folks.

Looking like the guy was attacked first. The peaceful Trump supporters had no choice. Clinton sent him to give them all paper cuts with the sign so they had to attack first to protect themselves from the violent assassin.

TheOven wrote: »
    Looking like the guy was attacked first. The peaceful Trump supporters had no choice. Clinton sent him to give them all paper cuts with the sign so they had to attack first to protect themselves from the violent assassin.

Yeah I mean look at these violent people! The protester below strikes a cracking resemblance.

"You love Russia, Putins B*tch"

Brainwashed by the leftist media.

Turns out it was a false alarm. No Gun, No assassination attempt.

But hypothetically, If Trump were killed before Tuesday. What would happen? Would Pence run in his place? Would the election be postponed? Would HC win by default?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

****in hell there's just been an attempt on trump
    Rainman16 wrote: »
    Wow looks like a guy pulled out a gun. Security beat the **** out of him/
    What are you on about?

There was no assassination attempt and no gun.
    The only violence was Trump supporters beating up a fellow republican because he disagreed with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Speaking of disagreeing with Trump supporters in Nevada, it's been called for Hillary after 2/3 of the votes have been cast in early voting.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581d5e39e4b0e80b02ca43d0

That means that none of the toss-ups matter and Trump needs to somehow take somewhere dark blue like Michigan or Colorado.

@ Phoebus. Nobody knew at the time there wasn't a gun. Seriously that is strawman at it's finest. If the secret service had to cover Trump and rush him off stage what would your first initial reaction be? MSM reported the same at the time.

If you were there in person and someone shouted out he's got a gun what would your response be?

RSBN, the network streaming the really said there was reports of a gun on the ground.

This is a witness's account and tells a different story, this person uploaded footage confirming they were there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5beg87/i_was_6_feet_away_from_the_crazy_man_in_reno_that/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ha,

And the response from Trump and state GOP chair to early voting looking bad????

'It's rigged folks'

'Certain polling locations' were kept open so a 'certain group' can vote.

It's beginning to look like the don has mobilised the latino vote in a serious way,

• Advertisement

@ Phoebus. Nobody knew at the time there wasn't a gun. Seriously that is strawman at it's finest. If the secret service had to cover Trump and rush him off stage what would your first initial reaction be? MSM reported the same at the time.

If you were there in person and someone shouted out he's got a gun what would your response be?

RSBN, the network streaming the really said there was reports of a gun on the ground.

This is a witness's account and tells a different story, this person uploaded footage confirming they were there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5beg87/i_was_6_feet_away_from_the_crazy_man_in_reno_that/
    So based on your lack of knowledge you confidently stated that there had 'just been an attempt on trump'

And you accuse others of strawmanning!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭brickmauser

Look who she associates with:

- Anthony Weiner who sends dick pics to underage girls

- Huma Abbedin the wife of Weiner and Clinton's reputed lesbian lover her "body woman" whose parents are high ranking Muslim Brotherhood members associated with Saudi Wahhabists and the global jihadist network.

- John Podesta who attends "spirit cooking" black magick style parties hosted by Serbian witch Marina Abramovic where blood and semen are eaten and has been caught red handed arranging to attend pedophile pool parties.

- Her husband Bill Clinton a serial rapist who flew on billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express private plane to his private Caribbean island where under age girls recruited by Robert Maxwell's daughter and other socialites were forced to have sex with powerful figures such as Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz among others. Dershowitz infamously defended both Von Below and Simpson and gave legal council to the Bush administration.

Hillary Clinton's Clinton Foundation is massively funded by corporations and Arab Muslim governments to the tune of millions of dollars.
    This money was given to her while she was Secretary of State and supposedly fighting the war on terror. Strangely jihadists have taken control in Libya Syria and Iraq on her watch.

Hillary is clearly a monster - she accompanied her husband to Epstein's rape island on his rape jet - she associates with perverts and she is guilty of massive corruption and war crimes.

Would you really vote for this evil psychopathic witch?

Do you want me to edit my post like the main stream media did? There was 100k or so people watching the stream (yt + fb) and everyone's reaction was the same.

I guess I could have said it looks like someone tried to shoot Trump, would that have made you happier? You ignored the eye witness account also of what actually happened.

Anyway, here is a great piece by Abby Martin on John Podesta.

At this point what difference does it make?

I was disgusted when I seen her say that, as I'm sure were many others. Lying to the Benghazi victims families was disgusting and inhumane.

I hope the FBI do the right thing this time.

At this point what difference does it make?

Well Trump is going to win.
    Hillary is inevitably going to be indicted.
    She is so deluded she is prepared to cling in on for dear life if she was somehow elected.

Well Trump is going to win.
    Hillary is inevitably going to be indicted.
    She is so deluded she is prepared to cling in on for dear life if she was somehow elected.

Sorry it's in reference to this. I'm anti Clinton.

Do you want me to edit my post like the main stream media did? There was 100k or so people watching the stream (yt + fb) and everyone's reaction was the same.

What?
    You're now asking me to believe that all 100 thousand people watching the stream thought that there was an assignation attempt?

The Trump reality distortion field is working well!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Unfortunately the mainstream media does not tell this side of Clinton. Can't see her actually serving as president, with more and more inside information getting out there the FBI and CIA will have to carry out justice. Hillary, Bill and the Clinton foundation represents everything bad about the current establishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Guilt by association is a pathetic argument, particularly when you look at the other option.

If you delve a little deeper you might be surprisd who qualified for bonus air miles for flying on the 'rape jet' to the 'rape island'.

• Advertisement

Sorry it's in reference to this. I'm anti Clinton.

Never mind the surreal but sadly true facts I have listed in the OP even the "ordinary" cover up over Benghazi alone should have killed her career.

The Democrats voters are sheepishly voting for her no matter what.

It is utterly tragic.

You ignored the eye witness account also of what actually happened.

What actually happened was that there was no assassination attempt.
    So there couldn't have been an eye witness account of an assassination attempt, because you can't see something that didn't occur.

There were mistaken accounts - like yours.
    I guess I could have said it looks like someone tried to shoot Trump, would that have made you happier?
    It didn't look like that - there was nobody trying to shoot Trump and there was no gun.
    There was someone who wrongly claimed to have seen a gun, and some active imaginations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Trump would be terrible for America. As bad as Clinton is, Trump would be worse.

I think both parties should be ashamed at the candidates the have running for President. The fact that the Democratic candidate is struggling against someone like Trump speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Look who she associates with:

- Anthony Weiner who sends dick pics to underage girls

- Huma Abbedin the wife of Weiner and Clinton's reputed lesbian lover her "body woman" whose parents are high ranking Muslim Brotherhood members associated with Saudi Wahhabists and the global jihadist network.

- John Podesta who attends "spirit cooking" black magick style parties hosted by Serbian witch Marina Abramovic where blood and semen are eaten and has been caught red handed arranging to attend pedophile pool parties.

- Her husband Bill Clinton a serial rapist who flew on billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express private plane to his private Caribbean island where under age girls recruited by Robert Maxwell's daughter and other socialites were forced to have sex with powerful figures such as Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz among others. Dershowitz infamously defended both Von Below and Simpson and gave legal council to the Bush administration.

Hillary Clinton's Clinton Foundation is massively funded by corporations and Arab Muslim governments to the tune of millions of dollars.
    This money was given to her while she was Secretary of State and supposedly fighting the war on terror. Strangely jihadists have taken control in Libya Syria and Iraq on her watch.

Hillary is clearly a monster - she accompanied her husband to Epstein's rape island on his rape jet - she associates with perverts and she is guilty of massive corruption and war crimes.

Would you really vote for this evil psychopathic witch?
    Even if that was all true she's still a better pick than Trump.

Guilt by association is a pathetic argument, particularly when you look at the other option.

If you delve a little deeper you might be surprisd who qualified for bonus air miles for flying on the 'rape jet' to the 'rape island'.

Yes Trump.
    He is a project for a later day but on scales of evil Hillary eclipses him.
    For the reasons I listed.
    What associations though!
    You would forgive maybe one association that was distantly connected.
    But key people in her camp?
    People right at the heart of her inner circle?
    You have to start seeing a disturbing pattern of monstrous associations.
    Trump's pussy grabbing and peeping tom carry on a beauty contests and other sleazy carry on pales in comparison.

It is utterly tragic.

The rape case where she laughed about getting the guy off was disgusting too. A 12 year old girl.. Advocates for women, give me a break.

• Advertisement

The rape case where she laughed about getting the guy off was disgusting too. A 12 year old girl.. Advocates for women, give me a break.

How is this not more widely known?

It's mind boggling that this has not been covered.

Gaddafi had it coming but to actually throw her head back and laugh "We came we saw he died" after the man literally died with a knife up his hole is nuts. i don't think Truman and Eisenhower gloated when Hitler blew his brains out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Typical Trumpish diversion tactics TBH.
    Flood social medial with all manner of half-truths & outlandish claims, then "Yeah, I know he's no angel, but she's the devil, etc, etc..."
    Pathetic & amateurish, but unfortunately these tactics work on people of a certain intelligence level. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anyway, here is a great piece by Abby Martin on John Podesta.

Abby Martin, RT employee, presenting on US 'politics.' What, Putin wasn't available for commentary?

Sad - no one to pull for Trump these days except Russian tools

@Phoebus

You said Trump supporters beat him up because he's a Republican that didn't agree with them.

I posted context that this wasn't the case, he was beat up because he was shoving people over trying to get to the front to heckle Trump.

I'm not going to continue the argument over my reaction to the secret service covering Trump and telling him to run. I believe it's natural to instinctively think someone had a gun, you don't. That's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

How is this not more widely known?

It's mind boggling that this has not been covered.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

Been covered a hundred times. Let's not let facts get in the way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement