Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

NBC project Ohio for Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh God this is happening isn't it. I'm barely able to understand what's happening here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

As much as I detest Trump, at least we get to see Hillary's response. She thought she had it wrapped up and now her only legacy is her crookedness, standing by a serial adulter, failing in elections and losing to the most detestable candidate arguably in Presidential Campaign latter stage history.

Queen Hillary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't really post in here ever but I'm glued to this election, it's gripping stuff. Not sure what the policy on betting talk is but Trump to win Pennsylvania at 11/4 was the value bet of the night for me. The forecasts are all 50/50 which should have it around 5/6 for each candidate so I couldn't resist a small go at that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Amazingfun wrote: »
    No she is not safer for anyone.
    He is anything but "horrific"--he is a beautiful person much maligned by a vicious media, which is why so many people believe these lies.
    And Hillary IS a warmonger. Trump wants peace.

Because I haven't engaged in this topic on here before tonight, I genuinely can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. Genuinely.

But if your not....I don't know....I really don't. I evidently don't live in the world I thought I did....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I bet whoever on Hillary's campaign organised all those high profile millionaire celebrity endorsements in the last 48 hours is kicking themselves now. A really, really stupid move. Trump got serious momentum in the closing 48 hours of the campaign. Those endorsements just played right into Trump's hands - enforced the idea that Hillary is just a shill for the wealthy establishment.

vetinari wrote: »
    What a disaster, we're ending up with a racist sexual predator as president

It would have been a bigger disaster with Hillary and her blood thirst for war.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...he is a beautiful person much maligned by a vicious media...

Yeah, those evil bastards keep reporting the actual words he says. Despicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Trump is only in this for his ego. If he wins it will be his running mate Pence in control of everything imo: a guy who is sceptical about evolution, and thinks climate change is a hoax, and who knows what else.

Rep have the House, they will probably keep the Senate, if Trump wins, it makes his 4 years easier than if Clinton was there. And the big divide that Obama has built between DEMs and REP, It think trump will find the support he needs in Washington.

I'm not sure Trump will take a back seat on this. He has always be politically vocal.

The concern for the world is International relations. Obama was terrible, like really terrible. USA has weakened significantly. Europe needs a Strong USA. Leaders of the free world without a military are not leaders, but just by standers.

No global policy works without USA.
    UN, G7, G20, NATO, NAFTA, WTO all dependent on USA.

My opinion is that Clinton will continue where Obama left off. Not engaging with Russia. No influence on Russia.

People fear WW3, but wars are more likely when there is no dominate player to dissuade smaller states from pursuing aggression.

Climate change is a HOAX :) You mean anthropological climate change? Still unproven :D But lets pay green tax till they figure it out. Cancer, aids ect.. can wait in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Trump in the debates was a joke. Just shows how much people hate Clinton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He is anything but "horrific"--he is a beautiful person much maligned by a vicious media, which is why so many people believe these lies.

Ah you are having a laugh surely ? he's a horrible person regardless of whether he was running for president or not. He's a narcissistic asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

With a homophobic vice to boot.

And the anti science anti any sort of social progress party will end up with the Senate, house and presidency the way things are going.

I bet whoever on Hillary's campaign organised all those high profile millionaire celebrity endorsements in the last 48 hours is kicking themselves now. A really, really stupid move. Trump got serious momentum in the closing 48 hours of the campaign. Those endorsements just played right into Trump's hands - enforced the idea that Hillary is just a shill for the wealthy establishment.

I agree and I said that too the other night and some here thought I was wrong.

It just said 'out of touch'.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah you are having a laugh surely ? he's a horrible person regardless of whether he was running for president or not. He's a narcissistic asshole.

He is a troll. Don't entertain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Apart from the racist part, you could have been talking about Bill Clinton there....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Because I haven't engaged in this topic on here before tonight, I genuinely can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. Genuinely.

But if your not....I don't know....I really don't. I evidently don't live in the world I thought I did....

It's ok, I know it's a difficult thing to come to grips with the fact that others think differently than you. Outside the Hillary echo chamber, things are very different. Much better in fact! Should he win tonight, Trump is going to win you over in time , I promise.

As much as I detest Trump, at least we get to see Hillary's response. She thought she had it wrapped up and now her only legacy is her crookedness, standing by a serial adulter, failing in elections and losing to the most detestable candidate arguably in Presidential Campaign latter stage history.

Queen Hillary!

One of the most disgusting things about this is the horrible way people think her staying with him was a huge negative. That you list that says a heap about you.

Do you think everyone that was cheated on deserves that to be labeled as a negative?

103 electoral votes away from president for Trump.

Christy42 wrote: »

And the anti science anti any sort of social progress party will end up with the Senate, house and presidency the way things are going.

This is it. Not just Trump but full power Trump. Say goodbye to pro-choice clinics, goodbye to not judging people by their race, goodbye to science and hello to religious beliefs over actual scientific facts.

And they will do so knowing they have the backing of the majority of people. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Trump a beautiful person? Lolz
    Vicious media- the same media trump used to his benefit?. The same media that report exactly what trump says.

I believe you believe trump. Though it's quite sad. He isn't a very good liar at all.

Apart from the racist part, you could have been talking about Bill Clinton there....

Is bill on the ballot?

Christy42 wrote: »

I saw 'I voted' for Trump by gay voters on twitter.

Jayop wrote: »
    Is bill on the ballot?

A lot wouldn't want the White House being used as a brothel, which it seemed to be when he was president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Trump is going to be the next President, he is breaking the firewall in Michigan leaving Clinton with only two paths to victory, neither look likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

RobertKK wrote: »

I would presume some Latinos did as well. I don't get it but many people will shoot themselves in the foot.

• Advertisement

A lot wouldn't want the White House being used as a brothel, which it seemed to be when he was president.

Is he on the ballot?

This is it. Not just Trump but full power Trump. Say goodbye to pro-choice clinics, goodbye to not judging people by their race, goodbye to science and hello to religious beliefs over actual scientific facts.

And they will do so knowing they have the backing of the majority of people. :(

What's a "pro-choice" clinic? Call it what it is - an abortion clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

He is a troll. Don't entertain.

I am not a he, and I am not a troll. Just because you aren't enjoying your expected "one hand clapping" experience does not make me a "troll".

I have been a Trump supporter on here from the go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah well, goodbye to a 3 am early night!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

One of the most disgusting things about this is the horrible way people think her staying with him was a huge negative. That you list that says a heap about you.

Do you think everyone that was cheated on deserves that to be labeled as a negative?

Oh, get off your high horse. You COMPLETELY misinterpreted what I said.

I merely said it will be part of her legacy. Not my opinion of her. The campaign has focused a lot on her relationship with Bill. I can't control what people will think.

These are such things people, her American people, associate with her and will forever more. Its the nature of the beast that is American politics. If you can't see that you are blinded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The FBI and James Comey will be slated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm starting to think it's done. Trump is going to be POTUS.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why are people predicting such a huge tip in Trump's favour now? Is Hillary that far off winning the 270 votes and is Trump that close to reaching the magic number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Is anyone else on here constantly refreshing this and the other thread on after hours or is it just me?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why are people predicting such a huge tip in Trump's favour now? Is Hillary that far off winning the 270 votes and is Trump that close to reaching the magic number?

There won't be a huge tip. It will be 270 something to 260 something.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Since WWII only once has Ohio's choice not won the election. All hail President Donald. Long may he reign in infamy. :D

What's a "pro-choice" clinic? Call it what it is - an abortion clinic.

Yes, an abortion clinic. A place where women get to exercise autonomy over their reproductive health, unless a religiously-motivated nineteenth-century-fixated regressive political party dominated by old men decides that they can't be allowed to do so.

It's 167 to 109 in favour of Trump right now.

Media is so subdued

A lot of people feeling the squeeze now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

Was it Milo?

• Advertisement

Is bill on the ballot?

What's that got to do with anything? I was referring to the "sexual predator" post.

James Comey deserves to be excoriated, if not prosecuted for Hatch Act violations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Nabber wrote: »
    Media is so subdued

A lot of people feeling the squeeze now.

Fox will be insufferable for the next 4 years.

I am not fans of either, but if I was American I would have voted for Trump because Hillary Clinton is a neocon and a proven warmonger. Putting her in power was far more dangerous for the world,she even talked of going into conflict with Russia in Syria with her no fly zone.
    Imagine...Assad has given Russia permission to help him out, and Hillary has basically said she would have Russian planes blown out of the sky over her no fly zone.
    It was a disaster, and maybe like the Cuban missile crisis, a major disaster has been averted.

No one elected yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's the game changer all right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Pre Election based on Polls, Clinton had the most paths to Victory.

But If votes stay as they are now, Trump has the most paths.

Clinton is losing some big swing states, and Virginia where she was expecting a 4% win, it was neck and neck.

it's not over, but based on Polls it is not going according to plan.

There is also more that just the President up for grabs. REP have the house and are on course for the Senate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

It's 167 to 109 in favour of Trump right now.

She's won Virginia and Colorado and will win Iowa and Pennsylvania (by the votes counted so far). Nevada still hasn't declared, either.

There's still a way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it's done. Trump is going to be POTUS.

Options for Trump open up massively.

But its not over just yet She still has more paths open.

Deadlock not as much now unless Utah goes 3rd party

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Fox will be insufferable for the next 4 years.

Yeah such a shame , it's been great up till this election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

NYT giving Trump an 87% chance of winning with ~290 electoral votes but Clinton winning popular vote by 1.5%.

If he wins either Michigan or Wisconsin he wins.

It's safe to say the big winner of this election is Nate Silver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement