Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

listermint wrote: »
    You know when people are quoting coulter that the crazies have come out. Some people just want to watch the world burn

Nothing crazy about it. She was right. A Country with no borders is no longer a country: immigration MATTERS to a lot of Americans, and I think we shall see it matters a hell of a lot to many other peoples too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Obama will be gutted. Everything that he worked for the last 8 years is about to go up in smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I tell you one thing

No people or civilization in the history of human race has ever done statics like the USA does.

They have a stat for everything......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Trump will be the next POTUS. The next question is just how far the Dow will fall.

How did your champagne go ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Nothing crazy about it. She was right. A Country with no borders is no longer a country: immigration MATTERS to a lot of Americans, and I think we shall see it matters a hell of a lot to many other peoples too.

This has nothing to do with immigration.

Vanity project.

The laughs on you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Obama will be gutted. Everything that he worked for the last 8 years is about to go up in smoke.

Wars in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia.
    The unaffordable care act as health insurance becomes more costly than a mortgage.
    Relations with Russia reset to cold war levels.

Hopefully it all goes up in smoke, he was a failure, just a good talker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

Anyone who thinks America has no borders has never looked into emigrating from a country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Wondering why Fox News has Trump at 254 votes where every other channel have him at 244.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Wars in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia.
    The unaffordable care act as health insurance becomes more costly than a mortgage.
    Relations with Russia reset to cold war levels.

Hopefully it all goes up in smoke, he was a failure, just a good talker.

All those wars bar Syria came before him.

Be a poor American and come back to me about health care you've no idea.

He repaired decades old relations with Iran.

The republican senate is the cause of America's ills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Plazaman wrote: »
    Wondering why Fox News has Trump at 254 votes where every other channel have him at 244.

bullish prediction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

They have called him as the winner of Wisconsin.

All those wars bar Syria came before him.

Be a poor American and come back to me about health care you've no idea.

He repaired decades old relations with Iran.

The republican senate is the cause of America's ills

He along with Hillary started the Liyban war by removing Gaddafi, as Gaddafi was right about terrorists in Benghazi.
    They absolutely destroyed that country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

TheOven wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks America has no borders has never looked into emigrating from a country.
    US laws were changed in the 50's to make it harder for europeans but easier for others to emigrate there, it's hard by design
    Hilary promised to bring in at least an additional 1 million muslim migrants if elected. Borders for some, not all. That's the issue, and the lack of transparency and accountability to taxpayers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

1928 was the last time a Republican president had 1928 was the last time a Republican president had Republican majorities in both houses.

So if Trump overturns everything (ACA, Iran deal, climate change stuff, etc) it means Obama's 8 years in The White House was a complete waste of time.

First BRexit, now Trump for POTUS.

People want their countries back. People, states and countries should have the right to say who they do and don't want to allow into their country.

1928 was the last time a Republican president had majorities in both houses.
    So if Trump overturns everything (ACA, Iran deal, climate change stuff, etc) it means Obama's 8 years in The White House was a complete waste of time.

it means more importantly that the economy - and the debt - are never turning around.

Nabber wrote: »

People want their countries back. People, states and countries should have the right to say who they do and don't want to allow into their country.

Dont forget the Cubs won the World Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fox have given him Wisconsin already.

This has nothing to do with immigration.

In almost every single Rally since last June, "BUILD THE WALL" always got the most cheers.

You get the unique experience of listening to his first speech, and in a few minutes, his victory speech. Believe me, immigration matters a lot, especially illegal immigration:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Damn. Well, I was way off. I thought it'd be 4 years of Clinton plodding away and being criticised for everything she did ("Trump would have done it this way", etc). Now we'll see if a Trump administration can live up to its slogan. Who knows? I mean, nothing could surprise me at this point. If not, it'll be the biggest case of buyers regret in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope Trumps opening words in his victory speech are Barack Obama You're Fired!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

I almost agree with you. People are ****ing stupid though and the vote is wasted on them.

He along with Hillary started the Liyban war by removing Gaddafi, as Gaddafi was right about terrorists in Benghazi.
    They absolutely destroyed that country.

Gaddafis a saint got it.

Anything on your privileged Irish view on health care? Have you even been to America? Do you know people who can't afford health care there? I do btw they have kids.

What about Iran?

Since you are choice choosing answers.

Or the senate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

So, as someone who was only picking up on The Donald's outrageous comments, rather than substantive policies, can someone give me a quick breakdown:
    1. Build the wall
    2. Prosecute Hillary
    3. ???

Hope Trumps opening words in his victory speech are Barack Obama You're Fired!!!

I hope it's "Lock her Up"

In almost every single Rally since last June, "BUILD THE WALL" always got the most cheers.

You get the unique experience of listening to his first speech, and in a few minutes, his victory speech. Believe me, immigration matters a lot, especially illegal immigration:

There will be no wall, Trump will find Americas immigration policies are also already rock solid.

This was project vanity for him he brings nothing to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pardons inbound for Clinton and her team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Definition of racism right there.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    So, as someone who was only picking up on The Donald's outrageous comments, rather than substantive policies, can someone give me a quick breakdown:
    1. Build the wall
    2. Prosecute Hillary
    3. ???

Reduce corporation tax
    Increase military standards
    Repeal Obama Care
    Maternity and child care for stay at home parents
    Tariff on companies who shipping manufacturing to another country

He had plenty. But lock her up is his best one.

• Advertisement

This was project vanity for him he brings nothing to the table.

Ridiculous statement, but you will see in time how wrong you are about him :)

Yes such a beautiful man :rolleyes: sounds incredibly cultist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Clinton takes Nevada - ain't over yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

Are you drinking again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Overheal wrote: »
    Dont forget the Cubs won the World Series

And Leicester the Premier League. What a year to be a long odds gambler.

There's no way Trump can be a healer when this is all said and done. Historically, the only way you get Americans to rally around their President is by picking an enemy overseas to take on a la Bush Jnr. I can see there being conflict in the next few years. Iran have always been on the neo-cons' list. Dark days ahead whoever they choose to pick a fight with.

• Advertisement

Pardons inbound for Clinton and her team

Only a conviction/sentence can be pardoned.
    She is fooked if Trump goes through with his threats

I won't.

Your nonsense view that people only follow him by what the media say about him and that you are somehow the only smart person in the room to see the true Trump is hilarious in fact.

Trump is very accessible you dont need a media filter to see the true trump

One good thing is that the sexual assault allegations didn't change the election. You can't have a situation where the media find 3 women who decide to reveal they were sexually assaulted three weeks before elections (they never mentioned it for 30 years) and have it put out all over the media with no evidence. It very much felt like a conspiracy that was coreagraphed by the media are some rich powerful people. The timing was too convenient and if Trump lost the media and rich, powerful people would see how easy it is to fix an election.

New Hampshire is going to be fun.

Ironic to see Megyn Kelly leading the Trump praise on Fox TV.

• Advertisement

PENN is in for a recount for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

There's no way Trump can be a healer when this is all said and done. Historically, the only way you get Americans to rally around their President is by picking an enemy overseas to take on a la Bush Jnr. I can see there being conflict in the next few years. Iran have always been on the neo-cons' list. Dark days ahead whoever they choose to pick a fight with.

Trump isn't a neo conservative. Every single neo conservative opposes him. Clinton was more likely to invade Iran.

NH is tied against 15 votes.

Fifteen.

Hillary wins Nevada.

Trump isn't a neo conservative. Every single neo conservative opposes him. Clinton was more likely to invade Iran.

That's horse****e. And you know it.

Spent the last 5 years repairing relationships there

Gaddafis a saint got it.

Anything on your privileged Irish view on health care? Have you even been to America? Do you know people who can't afford health care there? I do btw they have kids.

What about Iran?

Since you are choice choosing answers.

Or the senate

Why should Irish people care about health care in the US? What's more important is how America acts abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Hillary wins Nevada.

Too little, too late.

I won't.

Your nonsense view that people only follow him by what the media say about him and that you are somehow the only smart person in the room to see the true Trump is hilarious in fact.

Trump is very accessible you dont need a media filter to see the true trump

lol, you sound like a toddler stamping his feet.

You will, you'll see. And seeing Trump's true character was never about smarts , and I would never claim to be the "smartest in the room", please.

It's about heart.

Trump has repeatedly trashed the deal Kerry agreed with Iran and pledged to scrap it. She would have had hawkish advisers I think, but I'm not convinced she would have listened to them; I don't think Trump will be interested in challenging his own hawks and will do whatever they want.

That's horse****e. And you know it.

Spent the last 5 years repairing relationships there

Clinton is a neo conservative. She's a hawk. She wanted a war with Putin. She deposed ghadaffi.

All American neo conservatives opposed trump. Including bush.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement