Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Trump isn't a neo conservative. Every single neo conservative opposes him. Clinton was more likely to invade Iran.

100% truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why should Irish people care about health care in the US? What's more important is how America acts abroad.

Because I have friends there that need it and unlike your privileged Irish ass can't sit on the Internet and critisis a president that brought it to them and are now faced with worrying how they're kids will fare with trumps attack on the same health care

Some people can't see how utterly lucky they are in ireland I suppose.

Ignorance wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

One good thing is that the sexual assault allegations didn't change the election. You can't have a situation where the media find 3 women who decide to reveal they were sexually assaulted three weeks before elections (they never mentioned it for 30 years) and have it put out all over the media with no evidence. It very much felt like a conspiracy that was coreagraphed by the media are some rich powerful people. The timing was too convenient and if Trump lost the media and rich, powerful people would see how easy it is to fix an election.

Sexual assault allegations? Does this refer to Trump? He pretty much admitted sexual assault on the tape!

A very dark day for the US, especially if you are LGBT, a minority or a woman. Plus, the vast, industrialised and largely unaccountable American national security and intelligence apparatus is now in the hands of a very unstable character......

......but the people of Clare seem happy enough with their golf course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

Amazingfun wrote: »
    100% truth.

You have to be back on the sauce. You can't have been this incoherent when you were drinking yourself to death, surely?

Clinton is a neo conservative. She's a hawk. She wanted a war with Putin. She deposed ghadaffi.

All American neo conservatives opposed trump. Including bush.

You stated Clinton is likely to invade Iran and think she wants a war with Russia.

Head in the clouds.

Are you drinking again?

I already told you I am sober, this is just pure joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

3 weeks ago I was at the Texas White House, where LBJ spent about 25% of his presidency.
    The house is kept the way it was when he was president with all the Johnson's possessions present - also got to go on his air force one plane.
    Anyway, he had three TV together in several rooms so he could watch all the three main TV channels that showed the news.
    We were told he would ring up the news channel to complain if they gave him bad coverage.
    He had telephones everywhere including one on the underside of the dining table.
    His bedroom was like an office, it has the bed he died in, the three tvs , a telephone fixed to the ebd and a massage table.

I suspect Trump like LBJ will be ringing up news channels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

Trump has repeatedly trashed the deal Kerry agreed with Iran and pledged to scrap it. She would have had hawkish advisers I think, but I'm not convinced she would have listened to them; I don't think Trump will be interested in challenging his own hawks and will do whatever they want.

Trump wants to withdraw American troops from the world. He didn't run on any kind of imperialist campaign. He's not sabre rattling.

The organs of neo conservatism - weekly standard, wash post, wsj were pro Clinton.

They wanted a continuation of endless wars. Trump is an isolationist.

listermint wrote: »
    You stated Clinton is likely to invade Iran and think she wants a war with Russia.

Head in the clouds.

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    Sexual assault allegations? Does this refer to Trump? He pretty much admitted sexual assault on the tape!

A very dark day for the US, especially if you are LGBT, a minority or a woman. Plus, the vast, industrialised and largel unaccountable American national security and intelligence apparatus is now in the hands of a very unstable character......

......but the people of Clare seem happy enough with their golf course!

You left out insatiable vindictive.

You only have to look at what he did to a farmer in Scotland.

A man of that power and he's concerned about a farmer in Scotland.

Vindictive little individual.

Poor Paul Begala, he was so sure Hillary would win.

That video demonstrates what exactly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

Trump wants to withdraw American troops from the world. He didn't run on any kind of imperialist campaign. He's not sabre rattling.

The organs of neo conservatism - weekly standard, wash post, wsj were pro Clinton.

He wants to build up the military. If he isn't going to use them it is a waste of money.

Head in the clouds.

Yes. I stated that. She clearly does.

Trump may be dangerous because he is erratic but she was likely to cause WWIII. Particularly in Syria.

Head in the clouds.

So what would the US do with Hillary's no fly zone in Syria when Russia ignored it?

• Advertisement

TheOven wrote: »
    He wants to build up the military. If he isn't going to use them it is a waste of money.

Peace Through Strength.

He's contradictory. But in general he's an isolationist.

You guys are only anti American imperialism when it suits you. I always am. The jury is out on trump. He may be an imperialist. She certainly is one. Particularly on Syria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Strong words on CNN....."A whitelash against a black president".

I'm sorry, but if you think JSOC, AFSOC and the CIA Special Activities Division aren't about to get a massive budget boost and expansion you're not very well informed.

Now would be a good time to invest in General Atomics, the manufacturer of the Predator ;)

RobertKK wrote: »
    So what would the US do with Hillary's no fly zone in Syria when Russia ignored it?

They've already ignored it.

And.... Nothing.

Neither side wants war its posturing the real stuff goes on in server racks.

Anyway back to the questions I asked you and you legged it from please.

You keep moving the conversation away from things you can't answer

• Advertisement

Peace Through Strength.

I recommend 35 proof for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Nabber wrote: »
    Tariff on companies who shipping manufacturing to another country

Presumably, the US companies based here may now find our 'highly educated workforce' less attractive?

The senate have managed to do it all. Stiffle and progress for the country the last few years in hope to get a republican in.

Well theyve done it. Theyve got a pretend republican. Now it will come home to roost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's talked about crushing America's enemies, 'we don't win any more', he mentioned in one of the debates that they should have done better in utilizing the oil of the countries they invaded.

Van Jones on CNN nearly in tears now talking about the Trump America. That will probably go viral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

20% of Latinos were polled as voting for Trump (probably higher on the day as the Trump vote was higher than polled).......more than for Romney. Amazing really. A lot of the stuff the media focused on meant nothing.

Peace Through Strength.
    He's contradictory. But in general he's an isolationist.

You guys are only anti American imperialism when it suits you. I always am. The jury is out on trump. He may be an imperialist. She certainly is one. Particularly on Syria.

Right, so he wants to have the power to push everyone around but will never use it. Despite what he has said about nuclear weapons and Iranian sailors.

Next you'll be saying that's his natural skin colour.

Because I have friends there that need it and unlike your privileged Irish ass can't sit on the Internet and critisis a president that brought it to them and are now faced with worrying how they're kids will fare with trumps attack on the same health care

Some people can't see how utterly lucky they are in ireland I suppose.

Ignorance wha

Who gives a **** about "unprivileged" people in the centre of the world's empire. What matters is how the US acts on the world stage.

Trump probably won't be good for Ireland - Apple is ****ed. He's probably less dangerous for the world than a known warmonger.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Presumably, the US companies based here may now find our 'highly educated workforce' less attractive?

Nah sure it's cool, the cookie Individuals cheering all this on will provide Ireland with jobs. Isn't that right lads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I still cant get my head around this :confused:

My deadlock/Trump prediction was just about bang on

But i didnt in any sense expect him to hit near 300

That is seriously scary.

Rubbish, people can see all the hope and change was not true, healthcare costs out of control, the US involved in more wars now than 2008, staying friends with Saudi Arabia and arming them who in turn are using those weapons to starve the people of Yemen.
    I don't think ordinary people like having relations getting worse and worse with Russia under the Democrats.
    The colour of his skin is not an issue, he simply will go down as a poor president, and a good talker.

• Advertisement

Who gives a **** about "unprivileged" people in the centre of the world's empire. What matters is how the US acts on the world stage.

Trump probably won't be good for Ireland - Apple is ****ed. He's probably less dangerous for the world than a known warmonger.

And there you have it.

Ignorance in one.

You say Trump won't be good for Ireland and then say it matters about the US on the world stage then on the other side you go on about people taking power back to their own countries.

Do you not live in ireland.

This is comedy gold.

Right, so he wants to have the power to push everyone around but will never use it. Despite what he has said about nuclear weapons and Iranian sailors.

There bravado in his campaign but, as Amazingfun pointed out, Clinton has much more repeatedly threatened war on Russia, Syria etc.

However I'm not a trump supporter. If he's an American imperialist I will oppose him. She definitely is.

Amazingfun is an alcoholic moron. Not generally the most stable or rational of combinations, you're wasting your energy entertaining this guys posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'm calling it Hillary with at least 50 electoral college votes to spare

Poor call

Van Jones on CNN nearly in tears now talking about the Trump America. That will probably go viral.

lol, I must catch that. So much WINNING already!

Nah sure it's cool, the cookie Individuals cheering all this on will provide Ireland with jobs. Isn't that right lads.....

If anyone thinks we'll do better under Trump, then we would've under Clinton they are either uninformed or perennial optimists.

The intellectual property driven companies should be ok, but pharma and any other manufacturer (Intel?) have stormy seas ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

20% of Latinos were polled as voting for Trump (probably higher on the day as the Trump vote was higher than polled).......more than for Romney. Amazing really. A lot of the stuff the media focused on meant nothing.

There was an interesting interview on Sky News about half an hour ago with a pro-Trump Mexican woman in Nevada. Her views ran completely contrary to the general media depiction of Latinos being anti-Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rubbish, people can see all the hope and change was not true, healthcare costs out of control, the US involved in more wars now than 2008, staying friends with Saudi Arabia and arming them who in turn are using those weapons to starve the people of Yemen.
    I don't think ordinary people like having relations getting worse and worse with Russia under the Democrats.
    The colour of his skin is not an issue, he simply will go down as a poor president, and a good talker.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/796196451428823040

It's not fair to label all Trump supporters racists but I do believe there are plenty who were pissed off the black guy won (twice).

Race relations is a big issue bubbling under the surface of America and perhaps not far off boiling over in the next 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Penn will be called for Trump soon, puts him on 264.
    It's all but done now.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun is an alcoholic moron. Not generally the most stable or rational of combinations, you're wasting your energy entertaining this guys posts.

Interesting. I can tell you have a difficult time in life when things don't go your way ;)

Ps: I am sober 15 years, and I am female, just so you can be accurate when including me in your future tantrums.

And there you have it.

Ignorance in one.

You say Trump won't be good for Ireland and then say it matters about the US on the world stage then on the other side you go on about people taking power back to their own countries.

Do you not live in ireland.

This is comedy gold.

Can you read? Because I said nothing about "taking back power in their own countries".

I'm opposed to the neo conservatives. i think trump is less likely to sabre rattle with Russia and Syria than Clinton. America's internal politics are its own affair.

Jawgap wrote: »
    If anyone thinks we'll do better under Trump, then we would've under Clinton they are either uninformed or perennial optimists.

The intellectual property driven companies should be ok, but pharma and any other manufacturer (Intel?) have stormy seas ahead.

Forest for the trees these lads.

Or else as I suspect they are sitting on their couches all day not working on our free health care and generous welfare.

Happy days. It's other people's problem right?

Poor call

No need for that.

At the time i made my prediction and the poster replied with that it really could have went any way

He made the call early which i strongly respect. Rather that than looking in hindsight

There bravado in his campaign but, as Amazingfun pointed out, Clinton has much more repeatedly threatened war on Russia, Syria etc.

However I'm not a trump supporter. If he's an American imperialist I will oppose him. She definitely is.

If he wasn't planning on increasing the size of the military, wanting to use nuclear weapons, and wanting to attack Iranian sailors then maybe I could believe you but talking about Clinton and not denying what he has said does nothing to suggest that he someone has no interest in wars.

It's not fair to label all Trump supporters racists but I do believe there are plenty who were pissed off the black guy won (twice).

Race relations is a big issue bubbling under the surface of America and perhaps not far off boiling over in the next 12 months.

When black people overwhelmingly vote for black candidates, is that racist too?

• Advertisement

Can you read? Because I said nothing about "taking back power in their own countries".

I'm opposed to the neo conservatives. i think trump is less likely to sabre rattle with Russia and Syria than Clinton. America's internal politics are its own affair.

Why do you care more about people ratling each other's gates than where the food on your table is coming from.

WW3 has been coming since 1940 and still no sign of it. Just tosh thrown around by conspiracy nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tell me Amazing Fun. What is it exactly you're looking forward to in Trumps reign. And please, no general "make America great" or "spread his love" answer. What policy are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

But...
    Clinton had Female, Latino, Black, Asian, Liberal and millennials

Surely White 40+ conservative racist male vote can't carry the election:P:P

Sparks43 wrote: »
    No need for that.

At the time i made my prediction and the poster replied with that it really could have went any way

He made the call early which i strongly respect. Rather that than looking in hindsight

Winning by 50 is ridiculous prediction.

Winning by 50 is ridiculous prediction.

Take into account the time the prediction was made.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement