Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

When black people overwhelmingly vote for black candidates, is that racist too?
    The African American vote for Clinton is only down a few percent from Obama and even the few percent can be accounted for by Clinton being down overall from Obama. They vote Democratic regardless of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

flazio wrote: »
    Tell me Amazing Fun. What is it exactly you're looking forward to in Trumps reign. And please, no general "make America great" or "spread his love" answer. What policy are you looking for?

Why not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

BBC said 'Black vote came out in force for Obama for obvious reasons'

Then later said 'White males came out in force for Trump, does that hint at white racial undertones in USA?'

White people had a choice, vote for 1 of 4 white people :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

20% of Latinos were polled as voting for Trump (probably higher on the day as the Trump vote was higher than polled).......more than for Romney. Amazing really. A lot of the stuff the media focused on meant nothing.

My sister's sister in law in the US, she married an American but still doesn't have US citizenship, and she had lived illegally in the US...
    My sister told me she was posting loads of pro-Trump on Facebook, and she is very anti illegal immigration....
    As my sister called her 'the big eejit'.
    I do have to laugh at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's racist if they can't stomach the idea of someone of a difference race getting the win, purely because of their race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

listermint wrote: »
    Why do you care more about people ratling each other's gates than where the food on your table is coming from.

WW3 has been coming since 1940 and still no sign of it. Just tosh thrown around by conspiracy nuts

Sure the bay of pigs and all the other near misses were just conspiracies. You've moved away from defending Clinton as a war monger to supporting her as one.

And I don't understand the food on my table reference.

Looks like a funeral at Clinton HQ with some people crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Why not ;)

What I'd like to know is how you expect him to deliver on these slogans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

It's racist if they can't stomach the idea of someone of a difference race getting the win, purely because of their race.

So your just assuming they're racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sure the bay of pigs and all the other near misses were just conspiracies. You've moved away from defending Clinton as a war monger to supporting her as one.

And I don't understand the food on my table reference.

I've defended nothing on war just saying you have a deluded view if you think ww3 would come under Clinton.

Joining dots on packets of foil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,099 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Politicians rarely deliver on election promises.

Trump up 50K in PENN @ 97.7%

Ouch.... The tears will be out if it goes red.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks like a funeral at Clinton HQ with some people crying.

This is a night we will never forget :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

Interesting. I can tell you have a difficult time in life when things don't go your way ;)

Ps: I am sober 15 years, and I am female, just so you can be accurate when including me in your future tantrums.

What difference does your gender make? I have a lifetime of experience in dealing with alcoholics, want to know what they all have in common? They all think they are the smartest people in the room. You have no credibility.

I still maintain a history of alcoholism and an obviously poor cognitive acumen is not a combination to take seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Van Jones blaming the Russians on CNN.

There are plenty of people in many countries who couldn't stand Clinton. So much generalisation that we all wanted Hillary the neocon in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Can anyone explain why Trump is winning this.

Did Clinton supporters just stay at home assuming a victory ?Unlikely as it looked lik a big turnout.

Someone said on this or another thread that 20℅ of lations voted for Trump, have the media over exaggerated the numbers of minorities and women that they assumed were in the Clinton camp ?

Even though I know full well that Clinton is as about as unlikeable as they come I'm still surprised by this.

Like the Russians....Obama failed to take them seriously and it backfired.

• Advertisement

Van Jones blaming the Russians on CNN.

There are plenty of people in many countries who couldn't stand Clinton. So much generalisation that we all wanted Hillary the neocon in power.

Republican pres Republican senate.

... And you talk about starting Wars

Laugh my face off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Did Clinton supporters just stay at home assuming a victory ?Unlikely as it looked lik a big turnout.

Someone said on this or another thread that 20℅ of lations voted for Trump, have the media over exaggerated the numbers of minorities and women that they assumed were in the Clinton camp ?

Even though I know full well that Clinton is as about as unlikeable as they come I'm still surprised by this.

Trump targeted the rust belt states and it seems to have worked.

Trump wins Utah.

Hillary in 3rd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Trump wins Utah.

Hillary in 3rd place.

That was the easiest prediction of the campaign.

Feck all Democrat vote there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Winning by 50 is ridiculous prediction.

Nate Silver (538) is currently predicting him winning by 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Based on Trump offering potential VP picks responsibility for 'Foreign and Domestic Policy' ie. fecking everything!! Trump just wanted the title of Presidency for his ego but leave the work of governing to Pence. So the question is are the GOP happy with having one of their guys in the VP seat and let the outsider Trump take all the heat or will we see that it'll ironically be the GOP and not the Dems that'll impeach Trump which then gets their guy Pence the Presidency. ie. Establishment GOP win in the end.

• Advertisement

I've yet to see someone make a credible argument for this man in power.

By credible I mean one supported by actual policies.

Jake Tapper on CNN says a lot of veterans agreed with Trump that the US was getting involved too much in other countries abroad, which Hillary was defending.

Trump had two speeches. one for if he lost and the other if he won, Dana Bash say his winning speech will gracious and will reach out to the Clinton side.

Jake Tapper on CNN says a lot ov veterans agreed with Trump that the US was getting involved too much in other countries abroad, which Hillary was defending.

Trump had two speeches. one for if he lost and the other if he won, Dana Bash say his winning speech will gracious and will reach out to the Clinton side.

The bushes have been doing it for decades the grass roots republicans are the ones who voted for that in the pass woo America fk yeah.

That's what's hilarious about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

In the short term, we're probably entering a recession. He's going to be a ****ing disaster.

Trump wins Utah.

Hillary in 3rd place.

Delighted! Egg McMuffin and the roaches in the NeverTrump movement will choke on that.

This day/night is like a dream, just gets better and better....

• Advertisement

Delighted! Egg McMuffin and the roaches in the NeverTrump movement will choke on that.

Why though what does it mean to you.

Specifically on an Irish stage which I presume is where you personally get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Someone said on this or another thread that 20 of lations voted for Trump, have the media over exaggerated the numbers of minorities and women that they assumed were in the Clinton camp ?

I think that's it. The media assumed because of the various scandals that latinos and women wouldn't vote for Trump but that was never backed up by the polls. The media also talked about a lot about hidden voters who are ashamed to admit to pollstars that they will vote for Trump. That might seem unlikely but to be fair CNN were talking about it early in the day when everyone was still predicting Clinton to win and before the results starting coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

#spiritcooking took away alot of the Latino and Black vote imo, power of twitter. The links to Podesta are much deeper than just satanic rituals though.

I think that's it. The media assumed because of the various scandals that latinos and women wouldn't vote for Trump but that was never backed up by the polls. The media also talked about a lot about hidden voters who are ashamed to admit to pollstars that they will vote for Trump. That might seem unlikely but to be fair CNN were talking about it early in the day when everyone was still predicting Clinton to win and before the results starting coming in.

The media never spoke of anything but a Clinton win.
    Only after the states began to swing did they start the reason why people didn't vote.

Media still have reasons why Clinton lost, but refusing to tackle why Trump won.

I listened to all his speeches, I see no reason other than he is REP that would make him lose the Black vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

I've yet to see someone make a credible argument for this man in power.

By credible I mean one supported by actual policies.

Amazingfun, want to chip in here? I will fall out of my ****ing chair if you post ANYTHING resembling knowledge on Trumps policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Drudge calls pa for trump. Citing ny times

Nabber wrote: »
    Only after the states began to swing did they start the reason why people didn't vote.

Media still have reasons why Clinton lost, but refusing to tackle why Trump won.

I listened to all his speeches, I see no reason other than he is REP that would make him lose the Black vote.

Ehh taking away their health care life line. You know the stuff they need for their families....

Fox has been fair to Trump, the rest should be ashamed of themselves. Trump took them all on and in a lot of cases made them look incredibly silly. Wikileaks also destroyed them and showed the corruption.

Fox has been fair to Trump, the rest should be ashamed of themselves. Trump took them all on and in a lot of cases made them look incredibly silly. Wikileaks also destroyed them and showed the corruption.

Fox fair...

LOL fox plays to a specific audience always has.

#spiritcooking took away alot of the Latino and Black vote imo, power of twitter. The links to Podesta are much deeper than just satanic rituals though.

This for sure. And it is nowhere near being over. Do you follow Mike Cernovich?

• Advertisement

Given Wikileaks showed the Democrats wanted either Trump or Cruz for Hillary to go up against, it is a case of be careful what you wish for.

This for sure. And it is nowhere near being over. Do you follow Mike Cernovich?

Nope, followed stuff on reddit and read all the wikileak releases though on his gmail and work accounts. #pizza :mad:

Given Wikileaks showed the Democrats wanted either Trump or Cruz for Hillary to go up against, it is a case of be careful what you wish for.

Yes, their "Pied Piper" strategy. Wonder what heads will be rolling for this?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/796222841612042240

I am happy for Romney, the Bushes and John Kasich.

Romney was so bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is Fox News or Sky news on saorview?

Ehh taking away their health care life line. You know the stuff they need for their families....

But people wanna work and provided for themselves, not live on benefits.
    Build the wall, create jobs and lock Hillary up. Still not sure why Black vote would be against him.

Any part of society who shuns work in favour of benefits shouldn't be pandered for.

#pizza :mad:

I was the same. Didn't sleep well the first day it dropped, very dark stuff.

Well @Cernovich will be a good follow in the coming months, says he plans to go after suspected pedophiles in Government next.

But people wanna work and provided for themselves, not live on benefits.
    Build the wall, create jobs and lock Hillary up. Still not sure why Black vote would be against him.

Any part of society who shuns work in favour of benefits shouldn't be pandered for.

Healthcare is not in reach of people including those that work.

Its clear from your Irish comfortable seat you have no idea how working people in the US can't send their children for checkups relying solely on charity clinics.

You should really investigate more rather than relying on soundbites

Assange hinted the emails closer to the election are far worse than that we've see so far. Joke she's gotten away with everything for so long. There's literally emails of them talking about the foundation of how to hide the corruption. FBI sold their soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

When is the result likely to be confirmed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement